Kraken's decoupler.

I built a relay sat on a rover on a mission to eve. I set up a nice encounter, decouples the sat from the rover, and the rover disappears. Went to map mode, took quite a bit of effort to find it. Then i set up an aerobraking manouvre for the rover. I decouple my interstage. And the whole rover breaks to 10 pieces.

I have installed quite a number of mods, such as kws, malfunc armory, bd armory, hyperedit, vessel mover, mechjeb, physics range extender, stage recovery, and the alarm clock.

Anyone know how to scare of Kraken? Thanks a lot.

Breaks or exploded?

Breaks apart might mean a design issue.   Kraken attacks are rarely non violent.  Usually at least a couple pieces approach luminal velocities. 

Edited by Gargamel

4 hours ago, Xd the great said:

Lets say breaking apart at few hundreds meter per sec, no explosion graphics.

Sufficient to change course of debris so much that the pe changed to the other side of Eve.

Gonna upload the screenshots of the craft when i have time.

That'd be a kraken. 

Screenshots would help, we might see some Kraken bait in the design. 

• 2 weeks later...

so I built a new version of a cargo hauler series of craft and when I went to use the smallest radial de-couple'r(possible squad part) I found it destroyed the craft. as in, gone, forget it, goodbye to a huge craft from a small(even tried sizing it down 50%) coupler. I have been working on this for a few weeks. so I finally loaded the relay's(deploy able cargo) I attached the coupler's to the wall and struts between them and the satellite's (I have done this a hundred times) when i went to decouple it was devastating. so I mounted a girder on top and used many of the de-coupler's available to test. all had way to much explosion even when the setting of 0 for force and size=50 or less.

even with nothing attached they still destroyed my 80+m long ship. so then yes I tested it with a simple tank and engine on the launch. seems much more explosive to me.

as stated I have done this before and never has this been a problem they are very explosive and didn't use to be. I am hoping this is addressed in the 1.4.4 I just ran into this issue I also tested on kerbal and in orbit.

anyone else having this?

Jammer

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.