Jebediah respawning

Yeah, my bad. I accidentally eva-ed jeb to hopefully save him from a crashing spaceplane. He got KIA and did not respawn. His friend in the cockpit, bill got mia and respawned a few days later. Can anyone explain this?

Difficulty: medium.

Sacrifice some kerbals in the mohole to appease the great kraken. That or wait for the devs. Or do some save file editing.

Open the persistence in your saves folder with notepad or something, then go find Jeb’s info and change his state to available. Google for more details.

5 hours ago, Xd the great said:

I know how to fix it, its just that its funny. And i want to know how to reproduce it.

I'm not a coding genius, but maybe it'll help if you take a look at the debugging console.

I'm curious as to how he died. Kerbonauts now have personal chute past some level. Was he too inexperience to have his chute? Was the plane too low for using one, or did he crash into an engine or burned to high speed or something? For a not so dramatic accident saving both pilot should be doable.

If by medium you mean moderated well....

YjH9ty7.png

It says that missing crew will not respawn so jebediah not respawning should be normal

And it says missing meaning that only M.I.A (missing in action)Will comeback but K.I.A`s(killed in action) wont

But if you meant normal i dont know:/

If you have the respawn option turned on, then any Kerbal that dies anywhere is supposed to be marked MIA (not KIA), and they are supposed to respawn. If there is a bug here, it might be that Kerbals on EVA are still being marked as "killed" instead of MIA.

Nope, I can't repro this bug in stock. No matter how I kill my EVA kerbals, they are always MIA if respawn is turned on. So this is likely to be a bug from a mod.

• 2 years later...