All VAB parts except struts and fuel lines disappear

Okay, situation: haven't played KSP in about a week, since I'd get only crashes after a few minutes, or BSODs during startup, with a variety of error codes.
I eventually decided: probably the video card I bought off of ebay is defective.

So I installed my old card, cleared up the drivers, and start the game. And get a BSOD.

I try again, and this time, it starts up. But what do I see in the VAB?
This:
noparts.png

Struts and the external fuel duct appear the only parts present, and they all look like you see here. Unavailable for root, obviously.

I've tried starting the game just normally, no fancy command-line things. This is the log: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1MoDe4jCtwEUQoLISsV60Ed-C0TZKCzZO
And it looked like this.

Then I've tried starting the game with -force-glcore, to force OpenGL mode. This is the log: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1EZdjxv68UQW4-69IlhuH6ew6L9X-iYtW
Looks the same.

Tried restarting the game over a dozen times, no new BSODs at least.

I've tried starting it with and without a number of mods, no guilty party stood out with different results.
Mods I've thus ruled out include Filter Extensions, Interstellar Fuel Switch, Toolbar, Toolbar Control, and several more, tried starting the game up maybe 20 times. Always looks like this.
This is my epic list of mods, as they got listed in the KSP.log file: https://drive.google.com/open?id=12Gx7nCaPLOoCHKlw1u9zfzvjPJNH3hzx
KSP 1.4.3
Windows 10, 64 bit
16 GB RAM
Nvidia Geforct GT640
Graphics drivers and BIOS are up to date.
11 GB empty space on the drive.

Anyone got any ideas? Any critical info I've failed to include?

Edited by DerGolgo
Mo' Cowbell!

When you tried starting the game without mods, did you just uninstall the mods or loaded a fresh install of KSP?

Both logs contains a massive block of "Material doesn't have a texture property" so maybe something just messed up with your textures. It is unlikely that this will youses your BSOD but its maybe an explanation why your parts are missing. So, if you haven't done already, download a fresh KSP and try again (without mods obviously)

Regarding the BSOD: Do you have any further informations on the BSOD or does ist disappear too fast? Usually, it will show you an error message, containing a filename (driver name) or at least some kind of memory access violation. Any other situation which will cause a BSOD?

11 hours ago, 4x4cheesecake said:

When you tried starting the game without mods, did you just uninstall the mods or loaded a fresh install of KSP?Both logs contains a massive block of "Material doesn't have a texture property" so maybe something just messed up with your textures. It is unlikely that this will youses your BSOD but its maybe an explanation why your parts are missing. So, if you haven't done already, download a fresh KSP and try again (without mods obviously)

I've kept on trying to rule out the culprit and, finally, found it. Maybe.
But when I start the game without Fusebox, everything looks normal once again.

11 hours ago, 4x4cheesecake said:

Regarding the BSOD: Do you have any further informations on the BSOD or does ist disappear too fast? Usually, it will show you an error message, containing a filename (driver name) or at least some kind of memory access violation. Any other situation which will cause a BSOD? 

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL is the most common error message, but not nearly the only one. The only filename I've ever gotten was a windows .sys file. I kept googling the different error messages, most suggest a faulty driver, which was why I had first spent days trying different drivers for my Radeon card, installing any existing updates for any number of other drivers, and updating my BIOS. Eventually, I had ended up reinstalling my old nVidia video card and drivers.
The last BSOD came with that IRQL error, after I had put "EasyBoard" and "EasyVesselSwitch" back in, though I'm personally skeptical it was either of these. Presently testing them out.
That last BSOD was also the opportunity for me to switch back to my newer video card, and to install a new driver that seems to have dropped in the last few days (or that I had earlier tried downgrading from and forgot).
I can at least be pretty sure that, if all those BSODs had the same cause, it's not the video card, nor its driver.

On 5/26/2018 at 10:38 AM, DerGolgo said:

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL is the most common error message,

Best guess I have are some remaining parts of the graphics driver, especially because you have switched between ATI and NVIDIA. Try to clean up the drivers with a thridparty tool like DDU.

On 5/26/2018 at 10:38 AM, DerGolgo said:

But when I start the game without Fusebox, everything looks normal once again.

Interesting...I've just noticed that you have ClickTroughBlocker 0.1.6.4 installed (dependency of Fusebox) but this version is broken and linuxgurugamer actually removed the download again. There is already a newer version, maybe the update helps with your problem.

2 hours ago, 4x4cheesecake said:

Best guess I have are some remaining parts of the graphics driver, especially because you have switched between ATI and NVIDIA. Try to clean up the drivers with a thridparty tool like DDU.

Interesting...I've just noticed that you have ClickTroughBlocker 0.1.6.4 installed (dependency of Fusebox) but this version is broken and linuxgurugamer actually removed the download again. There is already a newer version, maybe the update helps with your problem.

Thank you! I will give that removal tool a go.
And I will try the newer Fusebox. Ampyear is nice, just not so convenient.

After successfully starting up the game yesterday, and playing with no significant issue for a few hours, I had just left it running.
After reading your suggestions, and because one or two other mods weren't working right, I shut the game down. Updated ClickThroughBlocker, took out AmpYear, put in Fusebox.
Restarted the game. Play for maybe two or three minutes.
And the system just bricks. The screens remain on, frozen, and that's it. System responds to nothing at all. When I hit the power button on the case to power down (so as to power up again), instead of having to wait five seconds, it powers down instantly. So I conclude something excrements itself deep down in there, that's the chipset/bios/power-supply business.

After I reboot, I take out Fusebox again, update the mods that hadn't been working right, put Ampyear back in, start it up again.
I make it all the way to the VAB (with QuickStart first taking me to the Space Center).
BSOD.
DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
This time, I got a filename: WppRecorder.sys

Googling it tells me little about it, other than that there appear to be a number of fraudulent looking "repair tools" available. And that it appears to have been mostly associated with Windows 8 woes. Searching my harddrive tells me there are two instances of the file. One in System32, one in some AMD64 related sub folder (judging by the folder name) of WinSxS.

I know for a fact that this is the first time I've seen this filename. And yet, off I go, a googlin'.

I was hoping for a GPU driver related file instead of a systemfile mentioned in the BSOD...

If you have a second pc/laptop available, you can try to run your modded KSP on it, just to be sure if the BSOD is related to a mod or your system.

Actually, I'm running out of ideas :/

I do have a laptop. But that is so anemic, it can barely run windows. Installing KSP would be pointless, even without any mods.
I'm now looking into downgrading to mod versions that worked the last time.
Thanks for the help, though!

Ugh.
The driver removal tool seemed to have removed some remnant of the old Nvidia drivers that, it appears, was also used by the AMD drivers. So I uninstalled the Radeon drivers and software, and reinstalled (no "Repair" option, and it wouldn't install on top of an existing install of the latest version).

I reverted all my mods to the state I had found and enjoyed for a number of hours only yesterday.

Now, when I start the game in DirectX, I get to the VAB, and when I start doing anything, it crashes.
When I start the game with -force-glcore, I get to the VAB, and when I start doing anything, just happened twice: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
Yes, a replicable BSOD, twice with the same error message. No mention of "DRIVER_...", and of no files, either.

I have decided that I will now do the other thing you recommended, @4x4cheesecake, I will install fresh. I will obviously backup my saves and GameData, except for the module-manager cache files. There will be a test drive with the unmodded game, in DirectX and in OpenGL modes respectively, and then I will go back to my profusion of mods.
If I still get only crashes or BSODs, that would be worthy a new question (which is why I've marked this answered - the missing parts issue was resolved, after all).

Thanks for the advice, @4x4cheesecake!

Postscript: I failed to backup the output logs after the crashes in DirectX mode. Yes, I know, ¡Dŭh!.
But in case anyone needs to prove to themselves that they can really, really focus on something that's upsetting some dude in Germany on a very non-existential level, here are the crash-dumps of the last two "mere" crashes: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1erT_ig9MJtYqHc0NRcUdIHJOhPBzhX4e
Here is the output log, such as it is and as I found it after the latest BSOD: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1po-2I7Enbx3Hy1Gm9XeUx2wOLSqfriOf
And just in case, the KSP.log: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1GeV4vmVxc0rVALDpTI4T_f251Z9zqhkV

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.