[1.5 - 1.12.5] BetterSRBs [v1.2.6] [30 June 2021]

OhioBob

4 hours ago, Dominiquini said:

The SRB "BetterSRB_1p875x22 (S2 SRB-KD50)" has available a variant with a broken texture, inherit from the stock part "MassiveBooster".

Thanks for bringing this to my attention.  I wasn't aware that part even had variants.  I'll fix it and release an update.

UPDATE

Version 1.2.6

Changelog

• Deleted texture variants for S2 SRB-KD50 "Lance".

See opening post for download link and instructions.

Edited by OhioBob

• 3 weeks later...
46 minutes ago, Dominiquini said:

Why this mod hides the "RT-25 "Stomper" Solid Fuel Booster" (solidBooster_1p5) from Missing History?

If you want the Stomper back, delete the this file...  GameData/BetterSRBs/Configs/MissingHistory.cfg

I hide it because I didn't want it, and I made this mod to suit my own personal needs and desires.

14 minutes ago, OhioBob said:

If you want the Stomper back, delete the this file...  GameData/BetterSRBs/Configs/MissingHistory.cfg

I hide it because I didn't want it, and I made this mod to suit my own personal needs and desires.

But this will not left an unbalanced engine? All other mods have specific customizations in the thrust, thrustCurve, cost, mass, etc...

Thanks for responding!

4 hours ago, Dominiquini said:

But this will not left an unbalanced engine? All other mods have specific customizations in the thrust, thrustCurve, cost, mass, etc...

That's correct.  Deleting the file will revert the Stomper from being hidden, but it won't be modified.  It will have its same specs from MissingHistory.

• 1 year later...

Hello, is this mod compatible with TweakScale? When i try to change the grain options after scaling the part, i get the default size TWR values. They're showing on KER and also when launching. If i just change the scale and don't change the grain size, it works again.
If its not possible to add a compatibility mod so i think it would be a nice idea to aware the players about this incompatibility cause it affects all SRBs which are scaled (potentially, all), so ckan doesn't allow you to install both.

Otherwise, great mod, very useful to keep parts count low and save CPU cycles.

5 hours ago, NaviG said:

Hello, is this mod compatible with TweakScale?

I don't think so.  At least there is no compatibility provided on the BetterSRBs side of things.

13 hours ago, NaviG said:

When i try to change the grain options after scaling the part, i get the default size TWR values.

Hi there. That sounds about right. B9PS doesn't have any function in it to be aware of if a part was scaled so changing a part's subtype will cause such a reset. Worse yet if you're dealing with parts in symmetry. If you play with CryoTanks you'll also notice unbalanced resource capacity when you switch resources. The incompatibility is between B9PS and Tweakscale, and is not in any mods that depend on B9PS.

Edited by JadeOfMaar

BetterSRBs was TweakScale compatible in an early version before B9PS was used.  But then the devs who took over TweakScale complained that there was a some sort of problem with the way my configs were done (I don't remember what the problem was, but I think it had to do with compatibility with other mods).  By that point, however, I figured there were enough SRBs in the game of various sizes to suit almost any need that I felt rescaling wasn't really necessary.  So rather than fix the configs, I just did away with them.  Now that appears to have been the right decision since B9PS and TS apparently don't play well together.  

Edited by OhioBob

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.