Editing own posts older than one hour nerved away?

Gordon Dry

5 minutes ago, Dman979 said:

Well, @wile1411, it looks like you can edit the one right above me, because I just took a look at it and I wasn't mentioned, and now I suddenly am! :D

I'm honestly pretty confused about what's going on here. I have encountered the same problem, and @ManeTI is looking into it. Fingers crossed it's fixed soon. In the meantime, please feel free to sacrifice a rocket or two to the kraken on Bop.

See if <this post> I mentioned helps at all. Hoping it has something you can see in the background that makes it obvious as to the problem. It seems pretty set of being borked and unable to be edited

Edited by wile1411

"I think I got this" V 2.0. ;-)

I just got a "Field required" error while posting in another thread. Had to copy, reload page, paste a couple times before I finally managed to post the thing. (didn't had the initiative to make a screenshot, I was focused on successfully posting what I want and just remembered this thread after)

I think you have a CDN and/or cache problem - some resources are from the times the site didn't had the WAF (or some other feature).

About my previous issue, the lack of some field that determines the post age were probably defaulted to 0, and obviously, the threshold that prevent abusing old posts kicked in.

5 minutes ago, The Dunatian said:

Cloudflare banned and then allowed my IP address. Not sure what's going on here.

That happened to me too! 'Error 1006: The owner of this website (forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com) has banned your IP address'

And I got the weird Captcha test thing yesterday when I tried to edit a post.

Weird :huh:

49 minutes ago, RealKerbal3x said:

That happened to me too! 'Error 1006: The owner of this website (forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com) has banned your IP address'

And I got the weird Captcha test thing yesterday when I tried to edit a post.

Weird :huh:

Same here, ERROR 1006 from Cloudflare services. I`ve read by this occasion their privacy policys and was not much amused.
I live in europa and this kind of business model isn`t that good at all, but it doesn`t bother me much since i`m not a "consumption damaged individual".

What gives, a poor statement from people who run such enterprises, reminds me on facebook an their bizarre deal with Cambridge Analytics, a company that went straight into bankruptcy and vanished immediatly weeks after the discovery of the biggest internetscandal during the past decade.

The obvious greed behind these policys and the well disguised embedded need to get the users agreement to enable utter tracking (and obviously selling, which is surely done in any imaginable manner contrary to policy statements, see facebook) of browsing habbits, interests and other private information should be banned aswell.

I give Cloudflare 12 months in europa with that policy, i know the situation good enough.
I really don`t want to accuse any people working at/for/along with Cloudflare and their associates in any country but this business concept isn`t anymore appreciated in europa, our governments are well aware of the far reaching issues such methods pose to the society, i.e. corruption, tax-evasion, market distortion, and more.

Rant over:wink:

Edited by Mikki
typo:D

2 hours ago, Mikki said:

Same here, ERROR 1006 from Cloudflare services. I`ve read by this occasion their privacy policys and was not much amused.
I live in europa and this kind of business model isn`t that good at all, but it doesn`t bother me much since i`m not a "consumption damaged individual".

What gives, a poor statement from people who run such enterprises, reminds me on facebook an their bizarre deal with Cambridge Analytics, a company that went straight into bankruptcy and vanished immediatly weeks after the discovery of the biggest internetscandal during the past decade.

The obvious greed behind these policys and the well disguised embedded need to get the users agreement to enable utter tracking (and obviously selling, which is surely done in any imaginable manner contrary to policy statements, see facebook) of browsing habbits, interests and other private information should be banned aswell.

I give Cloudflare 12 months in europa with that policy, i know the situation good enough.
I really don`t want to accuse any people working at/for/along with Cloudflare and their associates in any country but this business concept isn`t anymore appreciated in europa, our governments are well aware of the far reaching issues such methods pose to the society, i.e. corruption, tax-evasion, market distortion, and more.

Rant over:wink:

You live on a moon of Jupiter? Cool! /joke

To be honest, a lot of software providers have extremely draconian terms of service, no matter if you live in Europe or otherwise.

Hey guys, as wile1411 mentioned, I was able to save the changes of his post after removing the quotation segment, so Im suspecting that this is a bug from the forums software, I will report it to IPS.

About that captcha thing, the WAF sensitivity was lowered from medium to low, please let me know if you notice an improvement or not.

Regarding the ERROR 1006 that you saw earlier it was a temporary measure to bring the forums back online, no one is getting banned :confused:

@ManeTI, I think I stomped on another bug.

Usually, when I post successive replies, they are merged into one. But my last reply (before this, obviously) on this forum were not merged as intended.

Perhaps a new bug or a collateral effect from the previous one (or even from the fix applied)?

Edited by Lisias
semantic error on phrasing. damn! I need some coffee!

9 hours ago, Lisias said:

But my last reply (before this, obviously) on this forum were not merged as intended.

It depends on the forum Engine settings, but sometimes there is a time limit after which consecutive replies will not be merged, or if somebody has viewed your original post.   I don't know specifics for this forum, just what I have seen as a mod/admin of other forums. 

Just as a follow up - I've not seem any further issues since Thursday afternoon. No Capture requests, no and I've been able to edit posts fine.
At a guess I'd say the Captcha process (for submitted posts) was stuffing up something with a timestamp field used for permissions to edit it in the future.

EDIT: @sumghai - just got the no-edit error for this post. Interestingly, I didn't get a captcha message when I posted it, so my above musing are probably way off base.

Edited by wile1411

5 hours ago, wile1411 said:

EDIT: @sumghai - just got the no-edit error for this post. Interestingly, I didn't get a captcha message when I posted it, so my above musing are probably way off base.

I poked that post by adding (and removing) an innocuous character, and I was able to save both edits successfully. And as you previously noted, the problematic post had a quote.

Try editing that post now, see if my poking had any effect.

29 minutes ago, sumghai said:

I poked that post by adding (and removing) an innocuous character, and I was able to save both edits successfully. And as you previously noted, the problematic post had a quote.

Try editing that post now, see if my poking had any effect.

Edit worked fine - can you can a look at the post I quoted (the original and not my quoted version) to see if there is any telltale indication of the user having to go through a captcha authentication? I realised that my original musing could of still been the case. (ie the quoted post in the cause, not being able to edit a post it was quoted in could be the symptom)

1 hour ago, wile1411 said:

can you can a look at the post I quoted (the original and not my quoted version) to see if there is any telltale indication of the user having to go through a captcha authentication? I realised that my original musing could of still been the case. (ie the quoted post in the cause, not being able to edit a post it was quoted in could be the symptom)

Just checked, no problems editing there.

On 5/30/2018 at 4:46 AM, Gargamel said:

It depends on the forum Engine settings, but sometimes there is a time limit after which consecutive replies will not be merged, or if somebody has viewed your original post.   I don't know specifics for this forum, just what I have seen as a mod/admin of other forums. 

It is 10 minutes to automagically merge a post. After that, it's treated as two separate posts.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.