[1.5.1] Kerbal Remote Manipulator Systems v1.1.2

Siminator

Kerbal Remote Manipulator Systems Version 1.1.1 for KSP 1.5.1

https://imgur.com/tSCtWYo

Kerbal Remote Manipulator Systems, or KRMS for short, is a mod that adds parts for stockalike and modular robotic arms to Kerbal Space Program. As of now there is only one arm there, namely the Canadarm under the name of "Shuttle RMS", but more parts are planed to follow for historic, present and future RMS.

Attention

If you have copied KRMS-Version 1.1.1 directly into Gamedata you will have a file named "dictionary" and a folder named "ShuttleRMS" in your Gamedata folder, please delete them before installing this update. If not you can skip the update, it just fixes the folder structure. I apologize for any inconvenience that this might have caused you.

Intstallation

•  Downlaod KRMS
  •  Download Infernal Robotics
  •  Copy the folder "MagicSmokeIndustries" from Infernal Robotics in to the Gamedata folder
  •  Repeat with KRMS
  •  Done

List of all the Parts:

Spoiler
  • Shuttle RMS Base (port & starboard version)
  • Shuttle RMS Shoulder Yaw Joint
  • Shuttle RMS Shoulder Pitch Joint
  • Shuttle RMS Upper Arm Boom
  • Shuttle RMS Elbow Joint
  • Shuttle RMS Lower Arm Boom
  • Shuttle RMS Wrist Pitch Joint
  • Shuttle RMS Wrist Yaw Joint
  • Shuttle RMS Wrist Roll Joint
  • Shuttle RMS End Effector
  • Shuttle RMS Grapple Fixture

Changelog:

Spoiler

- Initial Release
- Release for 1.4.5
- New parts:
    - none
- Changes:
    - Added Spotlight to the End Effector
    - Added Camera to the End Effector (needs HullCameraVDS or JSI)
    - Added Camera to the Lower Arm Boom (needs HullCameraVDS or JSI)
    - Added three texture-variants to the Upper Arm Boom
    - Added two texture-variants to the End Effector
    - Added two texture-variants the Lower Arm Boom

- Release for 1.5.1

- New parts:
    - none
- Changes:
    - Bugfixes: Grapple Fixture should now surface-attach correctly  
    - various other tweaks to End Effector and Grapple Fixture.

- New parts:
    - none
- Changes:
    - Bugfixes: Fixed error in folder structure 

Pictures of all Parts:

https://imgur.com/a/AghDpy1

Texture variants detail:

https://imgur.com/a/gjpfVlg
Edited by Siminator
Update to v1.1.2

If this mod of yours still haven't got much hype,  dont worry. Its probably because you made it 1.3 compatible. As soon as you bring it up to 1.4 this is sure to be a very popular mod!  We need more Infernal Robotics content, its one of the coolest KSP addons, and for some reason there is a awfully small amount of content for it. 

Now for some practical issues: there are some mods out there (old ones, forgot which) that allowed you to use mouse control for moving parts. Can you implement this here?  Using the basic IR GUI to move this multi-elbowed arm is a knightmare!

• 2 months later...

How does one grab/ungrab the grapple fixture with the end effector?  I see no options for it in-game.

I can feel where it sort of wants to act like a docking port when I get the end effector near--but there's no option on either end to undock--which seems 'bad' to me.  =)

Edited by slaintemaith

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Seems to work with 1.5 for the biggest part. Only encountered 2 major things to solve:

#1= the grapple fixture seems to have its VAB placement node reversed => the fixture  is reversed on placement showing its grey round backside. also when turning this around  so its face forward, its buried in the surface it is placed onto.

#2 = when docking in space with the arm onto a fixture there seems to be no undock option whatsoever. I assume this is the case due to issue #1 as the fixture in the vab is attached using the node where the effector should link up to. The backside node seems to be the one where the effector docks onto but this one doesnt have a docking configuration afaik.

Please update?

@GRYPHUS-01

2 hours ago, GRYPHUS-01 said:

Seems to work with 1.5 for the biggest part. Only encountered 2 major things to solve:

#1= the grapple fixture seems to have its VAB placement node reversed => the fixture  is reversed on placement showing its grey round backside. also when turning this around  so its face forward, its buried in the surface it is placed onto.

#2 = when docking in space with the arm onto a fixture there seems to be no undock option whatsoever. I assume this is the case due to issue #1 as the fixture in the vab is attached using the node where the effector should link up to. The backside node seems to be the one where the effector docks onto but this one doesnt have a docking configuration afaik.

Please update?

Found and solved issue #1: It's the surface attachment node that was flipped 180°.

As far as I understand it #2 isn't a bug, it's how  KSP handles (un)docking. The "Undock" option should be always created on the passive docking port, in this case the grapple fixture. (Please correct me if I'm wrong.) But since there are more than one report about problems with the undocking I won't dismiss it like that. It would be great if you could please send me the log file, so that I can take a closer look at the problem.

Sorry, but it is a first timer getting effectively involved in bug hunting. You want to see a log file of the craft which uses the arm? or something else like a logging file?

Edit: (feedback) no undock option was shown on either the effector or the fixture.

Updating to implement fixes and re-test and see to reproduce the scene...

Edit 2: After re-testing the scenario where i found said problems with the fixes to the surface node, i got a undock option at the grapple fixture => Can confirm the whole mod is now 1.5 compatible and functional! (although i got a bit of wobbly connection but i bet all my funds on it that its caused by the big habitation section im moving ^^)

https://imgur.com/a/hAp6KaE

Edited by GRYPHUS-01
feedback update + added imgur picture link

@GRYPHUS-01 

3 hours ago, GRYPHUS-01 said:

Can confirm the whole mod is now 1.5 compatible and functional!

Awesome :D 

@Cheesecake

58 minutes ago, Cheesecake said:

@Siminator

It seems your uploaded folder structure is wrong because in your GameData is no KRMS-folder like the readme said. For me I corrected it manually and made a new folder.

Thank you for bringing this to my attention, I released an update fixing the folder structure. The last update was a bit rushed.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.