[1.12.x] AFBW Revived (Joystick & controller mod)

New release, 1.8.2

• Fixed controller affecting multiple vessels at a time
  • Fixed AFBW input overrides SAS
  • Fixed AFBW input overrides throttle
  • Moved textures out of PluginData directory
  • Updated AssemblyVersion.tt

Note:  Please be sure to have the latest version of the ToolbarController & UnBlur installed

For those who are not yet using KSP 1.7.2, I've recompiled this against KSP 1.5.1 & KSP 1.6.1, the downloads are available at Github here:

https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/ksp-advanced-flybywire/releases/tag/1.8.2

12 hours ago, m4ti140 said:

Maybe the 1.7.2 incompatibility might have something to do with the axis action groups?

This release will not work with the axis action groups.  That will  require significant effort to get working, this is merely a bugfix and an update

Edited by linuxgurugamer

Installed 1.8.2 for Linux. I don't get a toolbar icon, and have lost all control input in flight mode (even the keyboard). Had to uninstall in order to play again using the keyboard.

I installed it for windows both manually and through CKAN on a stock build and i get the same result. No controller toolbar or anything. Latest KSP with both DLC. Also for some reason it doesn't accept my keyboard inputs anymore except spacebar. 

Edited by YoshiFan501

1 hour ago, YoshiFan501 said:

I installed it for windows both manually and through CKAN on a stock build and i get the same result. No controller toolbar or anything. Latest KSP with both DLC. Also for some reason it doesn't accept my keyboard inputs anymore except spacebar. 

Details please.  Specifically, a log file will be needed

18 hours ago, politas said:

Installed 1.8.2 for Linux. I don't get a toolbar icon, and have lost all control input in flight mode (even the keyboard). Had to uninstall in order to play again using the keyboard.

That is very odd, can you get me a log file?  I don't play on Linux, but will see what I can tell

10 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Details please.  Specifically, a log file will be needed

That is very odd, can you get me a log file?  I don't play on Linux, but will see what I can tell

Player.log here. Is that all you need? Toolbar controller lists AFBW, but the button doesn't appear in either stock or Blitzy's toolbar. I launched a stock craft in a sandbox game on the runway, got no control at all from the joystick, and only left/right yaw controls rolling down the runway, (only the wheels, no movement of the rudder).

Launching a rocket, I get no keyboard controls at all, and the joystick pitch and roll axes work only as camera controls

Edited by politas

9 hours ago, politas said:

Player.log here. Is that all you need? Toolbar controller lists AFBW, but the button doesn't appear in either stock or Blitzy's toolbar. I launched a stock craft in a sandbox game on the runway, got no control at all from the joystick, and only left/right yaw controls rolling down the runway, (only the wheels, no movement of the rudder).

Launching a rocket, I get no keyboard controls at all, and the joystick pitch and roll axes work only as camera controls

Very odd, the error is a filesystem error:

IsolatedStorageException: Could not find a part of the path "/mnt/SSD/SteamLibrary/steamapps/common/Kerbal Space Program/GameData/ksp-advanced-flybywire/PluginData/settings.xml".

Could you please check the path, paying particular attention to the case of the directory names?

9 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

IsolatedStorageException: Could not find a part of the path "/mnt/SSD/SteamLibrary/steamapps/common/Kerbal Space Program/GameData/ksp-advanced-flybywire/PluginData/settings.xml".

Could you please check the path, paying particular attention to the case of the directory names?

Unless you are programatically creating this file on first run, it is not available as the file is not included in the repository from ckan. This could cause the issue.

1 hour ago, jviperj said:

Unless you are programatically creating this file on first run, it is not available as the file is not included in the repository from ckan. This could cause the issue.

What about the directory paths?  My question was very specific: 

Could you please check the path, paying particular attention to the case of the directory names

This is on Linux, and it's more picky about case and other stuff.  There could be permission issues, etc.

21 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

[politas@forge GameData]$ cd "/mnt/SSD/SteamLibrary/steamapps/common/Kerbal Space Program/GameData/ksp-advanced-flybywire"
[politas@forge ksp-advanced-flybywire]$ pwd
/mnt/SSD/SteamLibrary/steamapps/common/Kerbal Space Program/GameData/ksp-advanced-flybywire

I've uninstalled, so PluginData is gone now, but the rest is all fine.

1 hour ago, politas said:

[politas@forge GameData]$ cd "/mnt/SSD/SteamLibrary/steamapps/common/Kerbal Space Program/GameData/ksp-advanced-flybywire"
[politas@forge ksp-advanced-flybywire]$ pwd
/mnt/SSD/SteamLibrary/steamapps/common/Kerbal Space Program/GameData/ksp-advanced-flybywire

I've uninstalled, so PluginData is gone now, but the rest is all fine.

I think I know what's going on.  I moved some files out of the PluginData directory, so it was never created.

I'll get that fixed, but for now, if you reinstall it, just create the PluginData directory by hand, let me know how it goes

13 hours ago, politas said:

Got keyboard control back, thanks, but I'm not getting any control input from my joystick, even though it does calibrate fine. Log here

Ummm, you did set the joystick as active?

I see a huge number of exceptions in your logfile, none of which are related to this

3 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Ummm, you did set the joystick as active?

I see a huge number of exceptions in your logfile, none of which are related to this

If you mean is the button on the initial AFBW dialog box active, yes.

Here's the log from a clean 1.7.2 install with just AFBW for Linux and dependencies installed. Launched a plane, opened AFBW dialog, calibratated joystick, made sure the joystick was active. No control input from any Joystick axes.

Edited by politas
More testing

On 7/18/2019 at 9:47 AM, politas said:

If you mean is the button on the initial AFBW dialog box active, yes.

Think I found my problem. My joystick profile had disappeared. Creating a new one has the joystick working again!

• 4 weeks later...

Hello i am having issues with the install and i hope you can help. When i install through ckan, everything goes good with no errors. But when i load up ksp the mod does not show up in AVC. I installed it into my stock game no issues, but when i try it on my modded version, it does not even show up. I am playing on 1.7.3 one Windows, and yes i installed the windows version :)This is my mod list from ckanhttps://imgur.com/bvYLnZy https://imgur.com/Zf0GxBD https://imgur.com/IUJvTNp Thanks in Advance :D 

10 minutes ago, GamingJose said:

Hello i am having issues with the install and i hope you can help. When i install through ckan, everything goes good with no errors. But when i load up ksp the mod does not show up in AVC. I installed it into my stock game no issues, but when i try it on my modded version, it does not even show up. I am playing on 1.7.3 one Windows, and yes i installed the windows version :)This is my mod list from ckanhttps://imgur.com/bvYLnZy https://imgur.com/Zf0GxBD https://imgur.com/IUJvTNp Thanks in Advance :D 

Make sure you have all the dependencies installed.

Mod list doesn't help .  If you checked the dependencies and they are ok, post a log file

I'm using this mod so I could use gamepad (setting controls in options doesn't work for me). But when I try to dock and switch between ships, I gain control on all of them at the same time. Is there a way to turn it off?