[1.12.x] AFBW Revived (Joystick & controller mod)

Gaaaaa... another stock KSP blunder. The sensitivity of the wing control surfaces varies depending on if it's at the wing root or tip.  An aileron at the tip has much higher gain and reaches full deflection much sooner than the root control surface. If you have something like a glider, the aileron goes to full deflection when the joystick is at less than 20% deflection! It's almost digital, all or nothing roll control. What were they trying to do SMH

How do you install the libSDL2-2.0.0.dylib on a mac?  Using CKAN to install the mod.

On 4/8/2021 at 5:57 PM, TheWoodlandBeast said:

EaSBEwj.jpg

I've had this issue with the mod where the window appears blank when I click on the icon. It looks like "settings" is in the top left but its also cut off and I can't click it. I can't click or drag on anything in the window except the X to close it. My friend used the same mod with the same files with the same controller. It worked just fine for him but we can't figure out whats wrong with mine. The only major difference we can think of is that I'm on 64-bit windows 7, although that's supposed to be compatible. Anyone here think they can help? Here's the log file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/aym7l7b7ib3f8ep/KSP.log?dl=0 

I have the same issue on my mac.  Is your console also flooded with missing libsdl2-2.0-0 errors too?

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/8/2021 at 6:57 PM, TheWoodlandBeast said:

EaSBEwj.jpg

I've had this issue with the mod where the window appears blank when I click on the icon. It looks like "settings" is in the top left but its also cut off and I can't click it. I can't click or drag on anything in the window except the X to close it. My friend used the same mod with the same files with the same controller. It worked just fine for him but we can't figure out whats wrong with mine. The only major difference we can think of is that I'm on 64-bit windows 7, although that's supposed to be compatible. Anyone here think they can help? Here's the log file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/aym7l7b7ib3f8ep/KSP.log?dl=0 

I have the exact same issue on 64-bit windows 10, KSP version 1.11.1. My mods folder is massive so it could be an incompatibility. Log file: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JU0-AAnSdlUu_GSj75OW9NFcpHkjiAaf/view?usp=sharing

EDIT: I have solved the issue. Turns out I forgot to install the DLL files into my KSP directory.

Edited by CocoForReal
Issue Solved

On 5/5/2021 at 7:56 PM, CocoForReal said:

I have the exact same issue on 64-bit windows 10, KSP version 1.11.1. My mods folder is massive so it could be an incompatibility. Log file: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JU0-AAnSdlUu_GSj75OW9NFcpHkjiAaf/view?usp=sharing

EDIT: I have solved the issue. Turns out I forgot to install the DLL files into my KSP directory.

did you install manually or with CKAN? i used ckan and i'm having this problem. i'm going to try downloading manually and seeing if the dll didn't get included

EDIT: yeah it wasn't in there, at least not in the same place as it would be following the installation instructions in the readme. if you used ckan as well it seems like there might be an issue. anyone reading this used ckan to download afbw with no issues le me know

Edited by KerbalSofaProgram

On 5/5/2021 at 7:56 PM, CocoForReal said:

you must have done a manual install? i have the same issue but i used ckan. it looks like the dll is there

2 hours ago, KerbalSofaProgram said:

did you install manually or with CKAN? i used ckan and i'm having this problem. i'm going to try downloading manually and seeing if the dll didn't get included

EDIT: yeah it wasn't in there, at least not in the same place as it would be following the installation instructions in the readme. if you used ckan as well it seems like there might be an issue. anyone reading this used ckan to download afbw with no issues le me know

I only use CKAN to install all my mods, I use this all the time when flying.

Works well, although I can only test on Windows

4 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I only use CKAN to install all my mods, I use this all the time when flying.

Works well, although I can only test on Windows

i believe i tried the manual install at some point as well... i really ought to remember but i'm not entirely sure. let me know if you want any particular information from me

17 hours ago, KerbalSofaProgram said:

i believe i tried the manual install at some point as well... i really ought to remember but i'm not entirely sure. let me know if you want any particular information from me

Well, a log file might be useful.  I always install via cCKAN, so have no idea why it would fail for you

• 2 weeks later...

Hello LGG! What do you think about adding a feature to switch to a preset while held, switching back upon release? This would allow for alot of different configurations that aren't possible without a bunch of external software. My particular use case, I'd like to only have the throttle enabled while a sliding switch on my controller is enabled. while is disabled, all the switches and interface controls would be active but the axis' and staging would only work in the secondary preset. 

Right now you can do something like this one way, or assign two buttons to go back and forth, but with something like a 0-1 toggling switch a 'while held' option for presets would be perfect! 

Thanks as always for everything you do!

Best Regards, Jezzick

EDIT: On second thought, Maybe it would be easier to allow inverting button selections, so you could activate 'previous preset' when a button is released. 

Edited by Jezzick

12 hours ago, Jezzick said:

Hello LGG! What do you think about adding a feature to switch to a preset while held, switching back upon release? This would allow for alot of different configurations that aren't possible without a bunch of external software. My particular use case, I'd like to only have the throttle enabled while a sliding switch on my controller is enabled. while is disabled, all the switches and interface controls would be active but the axis' and staging would only work in the secondary preset. 

Right now you can do something like this one way, or assign two buttons to go back and forth, but with something like a 0-1 toggling switch a 'while held' option for presets would be perfect! 

Thanks as always for everything you do!

Best Regards, Jezzick

EDIT: On second thought, Maybe it would be easier to allow inverting button selections, so you could activate 'previous preset' when a button is released. 

Nice ideas, but way beyond anything I have time for right now.

Sorry

• 4 weeks later...

First, thank you for this mod!

So there's a thing I want to do, and I can't figure out how to make AFBS do it.

I have a dual-stage trigger (on a VKB Gladiator NXT—absolutely fabulous stick, by the way, miles and miles beyond anything Logitech or Thrustmaster makes, and it's VKB's bottom-of-the-line stick). In MSFS 2020 and other games, I use the first stage as brakes and second stage as parking brakes.

Here, when I try to do this, because the first stage is still depressed as I release the trigger for a brief instant, it goes [Stage 1 Brakes Hold] -> [Stage 2 - Brakes Toggle] -> [Stage 2 release but Stage 1 still on - Brakes Hold (canceling Brakes Toggle] -> [Trigger Released -> Brakes Off]

In AFBW, when I try to assign Button 1 (Stage 2's name) to Brakes Toggle, it ends up with Button 0 + Button 1. I was hoping to manually set it to _just_ Button 1 in the cfg files, but I can't make heads or tails of what's going on in there. Rather than having separate inputs for Button 0 and Button 1, it says Button 3, as if it's adding the buttons somehow.

If I could figure it out... would it behave as I intend? Or would it always be an issue because in KSP it's a toggle vs. a hold of the same command, where in a flight simulator it's two _different_ commands (toe brakes vs. parking brakes)? If the former, is there any way to work around it? It's not a _huge_ deal or anything; I have a secondary trigger that I can flick outward for the hold command, but it's just a muscle memory thing at this point.

Oh, also... is there any way to make the trim setting take much smaller steps? Each step right now is pretty dramatic and makes it difficult to adjust to a stable cruise configuration. I thought I remembered vanilla KSP's trim being smaller, but... I could be misremembering.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having problems with controlling RCS.  I've configured my setup so that one of the hats on my joystick+ a pair of other buttons are set to control Translate+- for XYZ.  However when I enable RCS the translate buttons on my joystick do nothing and the main axes trigger RCS for rotation.  Is there some other setting that needs to be changed to get RCS to fire off of my hat? And is there a way to not use RCS for rotation?

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

New release, 1.8.3.4

• Renamed DLL for CKAN compatibility
  • Added AssemblyFileVersion
  • Updated version file for 1.12

After the last update, this mod start to throw this exception multiple times per second (as soon I assume control of one of my vessels in orbit from Tracking Station):

[EXC 00:38:18.077] DllNotFoundException: libSDL2-2.0.0.dylib
	KSPAdvancedFlyByWire.SDLController.InitializeSDL () (at <aa89e93a18714f9599fdcfaba3d730f5>:0)
	KSPAdvancedFlyByWire.SDLController.SDLUpdateState () (at <aa89e93a18714f9599fdcfaba3d730f5>:0)
	KSPAdvancedFlyByWire.AdvancedFlyByWire.Update () (at <aa89e93a18714f9599fdcfaba3d730f5>:0)
	UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
	ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
	UnityEngine.Debug:CallOverridenDebugHandler(Exception, Object)

Thanks.

Edited by Dominiquini

New release, 1.8.3.5

• Updated SDL2 for KSP 1.12

Note 1:  For Linux & Mac, you must install the latest SDL2 libraries, version 2.0.14 using the normal method for your OS/distribution

Note 2:  I am unable to test the Linux or Mac version, will wait for confirmation from     Updated SDL2 for KSP 1.12 players for this

i have installed the newest version (deleted install completely before updating) via CKAN and have  still the same issue.

and yes the proper files are in the KSP root directory. same structure as in the git download. i also tried to overwrite the ckan install with the native downloaded file.. but as son i'm in flight mode the spamming happens

DllNotFoundException: libSDL2-2.0.14
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) SDL2.SDL.SDL_Init(uint)
  at KSPAdvancedFlyByWire.SDLController.InitializeSDL () [0x0000a] in <508b5dc1e2db417d9afd870b5677fc00>:0 
  at KSPAdvancedFlyByWire.SDLController.SDLUpdateState () [0x00000] in <508b5dc1e2db417d9afd870b5677fc00>:0 
  at KSPAdvancedFlyByWire.AdvancedFlyByWire.Update () [0x00000] in <508b5dc1e2db417d9afd870b5677fc00>:0 
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:Internal_LogException(Exception, Object)
ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Logger:LogException(Exception, Object)

i also have the Toolbar icon twice

2021-07-29-22-42-32-Channel-Flirt-Nick-G

the issue seems to be duplicated files within the Plugins folder

AdvancedFlyByWire.dll
AdvancedFlyByWire.dll.mdb
ksp-advanced-flybywire.dll
ksp-advanced-flybywire.dll.mdb

Edited by GoAHead

1 hour ago, GoAHead said:

i have installed the newest version (deleted install completely before updating) via CKAN and have  still the same issue.

and yes the proper files are in the KSP root directory. same structure as in the git download. i also tried to overwrite the ckan install with the native downloaded file.. but as son i'm in flight mode the spamming happens

DllNotFoundException: libSDL2-2.0.14
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) SDL2.SDL.SDL_Init(uint)
  at KSPAdvancedFlyByWire.SDLController.InitializeSDL () [0x0000a] in <508b5dc1e2db417d9afd870b5677fc00>:0 
  at KSPAdvancedFlyByWire.SDLController.SDLUpdateState () [0x00000] in <508b5dc1e2db417d9afd870b5677fc00>:0 
  at KSPAdvancedFlyByWire.AdvancedFlyByWire.Update () [0x00000] in <508b5dc1e2db417d9afd870b5677fc00>:0 
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:Internal_LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Logger:LogException(Exception, Object)

i also have the Toolbar icon twice

2021-07-29-22-42-32-Channel-Flirt-Nick-G

Then you have two copies installed.  The DLL name was changed, I suggest you manually delete the entire directory and reinstall it.  That should take care of the problem.

Also, while you did give enough information this time, normally you should post the entire log file when asking for help

11 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Then you have two copies installed.  The DLL name was changed, I suggest you manually delete the entire directory and reinstall it.  That should take care of the problem.

Also, while you did give enough information this time, normally you should post the entire log file when asking for help

no the DLLS are within your download file ;-)

2021-07-29-23-11-59-ksp-advanced-flybywi

Edited by GoAHead