[1.12.x] AFBW Revived (Joystick & controller mod)

When I try to click on the mod icon, I get a unity crash (small window with a Kerbal and red exclamation mark)

There's something in the logs that might indicate the problem (maybe):

[ERR 11:25:07.872] ADDON BINDER: Cannot resolve assembly: AdvancedFlyByWire.XmlSerializers, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
[ERR 11:25:07.873] ADDON BINDER: Cannot resolve assembly: AdvancedFlyByWire.XmlSerializers, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
[ERR 11:25:07.874] ADDON BINDER: Cannot resolve assembly: AdvancedFlyByWire.XmlSerializers

Here's the full log if it might help find the issue:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/17NWgwzAt-ueyfCvinN-qOaE9qhZa60T6/view?usp=sharing

(I installed the dlls in the root ksp folder, and the mod contents in GameData, as instructed)

6 hours ago, mateusviccari said:

[ERR 11:25:07.872] ADDON BINDER: Cannot resolve assembly: AdvancedFlyByWire.XmlSerializers, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
[ERR 11:25:07.873] ADDON BINDER: Cannot resolve assembly: AdvancedFlyByWire.XmlSerializers, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
[ERR 11:25:07.874] ADDON BINDER: Cannot resolve assembly: AdvancedFlyByWire.XmlSerializers

These can be ignored, it's actually a Microsoft bug

For this, I need the Player.log, not the KSP.log

Also, how did you install it?

I see a number of exceptions in the log, none stand out

3 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

These can be ignored, it's actually a Microsoft bug

For this, I need the Player.log, not the KSP.log

Also, how did you install it?

I see a number of exceptions in the log, none stand out

I installed it manually, extracting everything into KSP root directory.

Here's the player.log file:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/muqzcgccs0j26i6/Player.log?dl=0

But here's the last bit that might indicate the error:

========== OUTPUTTING STACK TRACE ==================

Spoiler

========== OUTPUTTING STACK TRACE ==================

0x00007FFE3F11A485 (gameoverlayrenderer64) VulkanSteamOverlayProcessCapturedFrame
0x0000019E6504AD10 (Mono JIT Code) (wrapper managed-to-native) XInputDotNetPure.Imports:XInputGamePadGetState (uint,XInputDotNetPure.GamePadState/RawState&)
0x0000019E6504AB33 (Mono JIT Code) XInputDotNetPure.GamePad:GetState (XInputDotNetPure.PlayerIndex,XInputDotNetPure.GamePadDeadZone)
0x0000019E6504AA63 (Mono JIT Code) XInputDotNetPure.GamePad:GetState (XInputDotNetPure.PlayerIndex)
0x0000019E6504A7E3 (Mono JIT Code) KSPAdvancedFlyByWire.XInputController:EnumerateControllers ()
0x0000019E6504A0DB (Mono JIT Code) KSPAdvancedFlyByWire.IController:EnumerateAllControllers ()
0x0000019E6504911B (Mono JIT Code) KSPAdvancedFlyByWire.AdvancedFlyByWire:DoMainWindow (int)
0x0000019E5F3A1FCD (Mono JIT Code) UnityEngine.GUI:CallWindowDelegate (UnityEngine.GUI/WindowFunction,int,int,UnityEngine.GUISkin,int,single,single,UnityEngine.GUIStyle)
0x0000019E5F3A2163 (Mono JIT Code) (wrapper runtime-invoke) <Module>:runtime_invoke_void_object_int_int_object_int_single_single_object (object,intptr,intptr,intptr)
0x00007FFE1E18D6D0 (mono-2.0-bdwgc) mono_get_runtime_build_info
0x00007FFE1E112932 (mono-2.0-bdwgc) mono_perfcounters_init
0x00007FFE1E11B98F (mono-2.0-bdwgc) mono_runtime_invoke
0x00007FFE1F739A6D (UnityPlayer) UnityMain
0x00007FFE1F736E23 (UnityPlayer) UnityMain
0x00007FFE1F734045 (UnityPlayer) UnityMain
  ERROR: SymGetSymFromAddr64, GetLastError: 'Attempt to access invalid address.' (Address: 00007FFE1EEFB248)
0x00007FFE1EEFB248 (UnityPlayer) (function-name not available)
  ERROR: SymGetSymFromAddr64, GetLastError: 'Attempt to access invalid address.' (Address: 00007FFE1F156628)
0x00007FFE1F156628 (UnityPlayer) (function-name not available)
  ERROR: SymGetSymFromAddr64, GetLastError: 'Attempt to access invalid address.' (Address: 00007FFE1F1555D1)
0x00007FFE1F1555D1 (UnityPlayer) (function-name not available)
  ERROR: SymGetSymFromAddr64, GetLastError: 'Attempt to access invalid address.' (Address: 00007FFE1F159E92)
0x00007FFE1F159E92 (UnityPlayer) (function-name not available)
  ERROR: SymGetSymFromAddr64, GetLastError: 'Attempt to access invalid address.' (Address: 00007FFE1F15C026)
0x00007FFE1F15C026 (UnityPlayer) (function-name not available)
0x00007FFE1F60A227 (UnityPlayer) UnityMain
0x00007FFE1F6097F2 (UnityPlayer) UnityMain
0x00007FFE1F5FB0E7 (UnityPlayer) UnityMain
0x00007FFE1F5FB183 (UnityPlayer) UnityMain
0x00007FFE1F5FD5BC (UnityPlayer) UnityMain
  ERROR: SymGetSymFromAddr64, GetLastError: 'Attempt to access invalid address.' (Address: 00007FFE1F3B272E)
0x00007FFE1F3B272E (UnityPlayer) (function-name not available)
  ERROR: SymGetSymFromAddr64, GetLastError: 'Attempt to access invalid address.' (Address: 00007FFE1F3B148A)
0x00007FFE1F3B148A (UnityPlayer) (function-name not available)
  ERROR: SymGetSymFromAddr64, GetLastError: 'Attempt to access invalid address.' (Address: 00007FFE1F3B553C)
0x00007FFE1F3B553C (UnityPlayer) (function-name not available)
0x00007FFE1F3B902B (UnityPlayer) UnityMain
  ERROR: SymGetSymFromAddr64, GetLastError: 'Attempt to access invalid address.' (Address: 00007FF6F48111F2)
0x00007FF6F48111F2 (KSP_x64) (function-name not available)
0x00007FFE782B7C24 (KERNEL32) BaseThreadInitThunk
0x00007FFE7888D721 (ntdll) RtlUserThreadStart

12 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

You aren't running the latest version of the mod.

Latest version is 1.8.3.7, you have 1.8.3, as shown in the log file:

AssemblyLoader: KSPAssembly 'AdvancedFlyByWire' V1.8.3 

and

AdvancedFlyByWire v1.8.3.7

1.8.3 is nearly 3 years old

Pretty sure I got the last version, tried with both spacedock and github. Double-checked in the ksp-advanced-flybywire.version and it says:

"VERSION": {
    "MAJOR": 1,
    "MINOR": 8,
    "PATCH": 3,
    "BUILD": 7
  },
Not sure why it would print 1.8.3 though

On 8/25/2022 at 1:56 PM, mateusviccari said:

Not sure why it would print 1.8.3 though

The log lines are written by the .dll's or the loader in the KSP code on their behalf.

You may have both versions installed.  With file changes and differently named .dll's, that's a recipe for breaking things.  You should determine the directory the mod is in under GameData, then move it out of KSP completely.  Then download the latest version fresh and reinstall that.

On 8/25/2022 at 7:04 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

I wonder if you have a bad or extra dll somewhere

11 hours ago, Jacke said:

The log lines are written by the .dll's or the loader in the KSP code on their behalf.

You may have both versions installed.  With file changes and differently named .dll's, that's a recipe for breaking things.  You should determine the directory the mod is in under GameData, then move it out of KSP completely.  Then download the latest version fresh and reinstall that.

I definitely had some dirt in my install. Did a clean reinstall and left only AFBW and its dependencies and its working now. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Anybody have an idea how to get this to work on a Steam Deck?

I verified libSDL2 is part of the Steam Linux runtime, and pretty much ran out of troubleshooting ideas after that.

Edited by Requia

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm having an issue with input lag using this mod when assigning a button on my xbox controller to use rcs. controlling rcs with axes works as expected, and everything else responds instantaneously to button presses, but the rcs will lag for 1/2-1 second, stutter on and off, then fire. will roll/pitch/yaw, the reaction wheels respond immediately to button presses and turn the craft before rcs fires.

Edited by mc04
edited due to inaccurate description of issue

• 5 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Kerbman said:

Hi, I am trying to use this mod on a 2020 intel MacBook Pro with macOS 13.1. When I try to open it, I get a window with nothing in it except the title of the mod. What should I do to fix this?

I have a similar problem on Ubuntu 22.10.  Also, the window is immovable, and I see a complaint in KSP.log of "DllNotFoundException" regarding SDL.  I have SDL2 installed, and I can set controls and axes from the stock Input menu.  I couldn't before I installed AFBW Linux.  I will edit this comment with a screenshot and a link to KSP.log.

KSP.log: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1MGLzCjR5ZyqyH_eVC_A6t8vCq7G_oG22/view?usp=share_link

Screenshot: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1M7Hx6GoWMM_fMmAPXRTN-mpidPTPzQk9/view?usp=share_link

Edited by MalneyKerman
Added links to screenshot and KSP.log

I have been having this problem where the settings window does not show correctly, I have installed Blizzy's toolbar, toolbar controller, and ctb, yet to no avail, I also have done a clean install of every mod im using, and ksp itself. Here is an image of the window:
eLOzHfd.png
Note: I'm using windows 10.

Edited by codingwiz
Added a note

43 minutes ago, codingwiz said:

I have been having this problem where the settings window does not show correctly, I have installed Blizzy's toolbar, toolbar controller, and ctb, yet to no avail, I also have done a clean install of every mod im using, and ksp itself. Here is an image of the window:
eLOzHfd.png
Note: I'm using windows 10.

After doing some digging around I have narrowed it down to this: "DllNotFoundException: XInputInterface" I tried doing a sfc scan and reinstalling directX to no avail.

2 hours ago, stk2008 said:

You need to place these two files in the root DIR of your ksp install

1Li0VZ2.png

Yeah thats what I was thinking, I went around searching for them then realized they were in the folder already, thanks though.

Edited by codingwiz

I have tried:

• Updating KSP from 1.12.3 to 1.12.4
  • Adding DLLs (SDL2 and XInputInterface) to root folder
  • Updating ClickThroughBlocker and ToolbarControl
  • Going into Kerbal settings

and nothing has worked. Anything else I can try?

I am having an extremely similar issue as MalneyKerman and codingwiz

Edited by Kerbman
note that my issue is very similar to the others

7 hours ago, Kerbman said:

I have tried:

• Updating KSP from 1.12.3 to 1.12.4
  • Adding DLLs (SDL2 and XInputInterface) to root folder
  • Updating ClickThroughBlocker and ToolbarControl
  • Going into Kerbal settings

and nothing has worked. Anything else I can try?

I am having an extremely similar issue as MalneyKerman and codingwiz

Problem is that it's on a Mac, I don't have one to work on, so will need to rely on others troublshooting.

It's probably the wrong DLL, but I can't suggest a solution right now

On 12/25/2022 at 12:45 PM, MalneyKerman said:

I have a similar problem on Ubuntu 22.10.  Also, the window is immovable, and I see a complaint in KSP.log of "DllNotFoundException" regarding SDL.  I have SDL2 installed, and I can set controls and axes from the stock Input menu.  I couldn't before I installed AFBW Linux.  I will edit this comment with a screenshot and a link to KSP.log.

KSP.log: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1MGLzCjR5ZyqyH_eVC_A6t8vCq7G_oG22/view?usp=share_link

Screenshot: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1M7Hx6GoWMM_fMmAPXRTN-mpidPTPzQk9/view?usp=share_link

I solved this problem by making a symlink called /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libSDL2-2.14.so, pointing to one of the SDL2 files I had.  Now my complaint is my window is too small to accommodate without difficulty the three controllers I have hooked up, and it's not resizeable.

Im on Windows 11, everything seems working just fine, the only problem appears to be the inability to hold a action group using my Hotas X52. Im pulling the trigger but the action group is only activated for a brief moment of time, making me unable to hold an action group with the trigger. It works with my keyboard though. Any Advice?

Edited by Cerious
misspelled a word