[1.12.x] AFBW Revived (Joystick & controller mod)

• 4 weeks later...

Hey yo. I don't use this mod, but did just notice some weirdness in the CKAN listings. You've currently got:

• ABFW Revived (OSX version)
  • Advanced Fly-By-Wire (Windows, x64)
  • AFBW Revived (Linux version)

Apologies if you already know about this, I searched this thread and checked the open github issues before commenting. At the very least, would be nice to correct the typo in the OSX version. But standardising the name across the three releases would be nice to have.

Cheers!

On 11/3/2018 at 6:26 AM, Aghanim said:

Is there a way to map [-1,1]  control range into [0,1]? My joystick throttle acts that way, and that means that I lose half of my joystick throttle range, as the 0 position is in the center, not at the bottom 

Every time you start the game, run a recalibration on your stick/throttle. I've seen this happen to my Saitek X52 and X55 and if so, a second recalibration usually sets it up properly

I'm having a major lag issue when opening the AFBW dialogue in flight.  Everything is fine up until I click on the little controller icon on the toolbar.

Tried it in a fresh, otherwise stock install of 1.5.1.  Only other mods are the two dependencies.

The game essentially becomes unusable after opening the dialogue.  Significant input delays just trying to move or close the dialogue.  I can't even close the game properly.  If I manage to get the dialogue box to close, then everything goes back to normal.

I know I had this working in another install at one point, may have been 1.4.5 though.

KSP.log -> https://drive.google.com/open?id=1qckuzCc0bEGtof0AvO0jHRmFtjuntVw8

Player.log -> https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Vd5_OTFeFniN3dF4zQiU5xEJY_tqrn4Y

And a video:

When I ran sudo apt-get install libsdl2-2.0-0, it couldn't find the package, but libsdl2.2 reports that libsdl2-2.0-0 is installed and current.

Screenshotat20181113.png

I tried it again with the console open, hoping something would be getting spammed to it, but there were no entries. 

However, when I managed to get it to click on the radio button for my joystick, everything cleared up.  Even unchecking it, opening and closing the dialogue, re-checking it wouldn't bring the lag back.  It was just gone after clicking the radio button.

Not sure if there's anything you can do with that, but it doesn't seem to be a problem anymore. :huh:

On 10/4/2018 at 2:20 PM, X Sonic Pro X said:

A problem I somehow have, and I have no idea why, (keep in mind I do have the dependencies installed) When I click on the menu to set up the controls, it is blank for some reason, and here is a picture.

YT3vVKw.jpgI have no clue why it's doing this, it might be some sort of conflict, but I noticed something in the top left of the window saying "Settings", but it's cut off a bit, so I can't click it.
It's weird, so I'm going to look for some answers. If I can't find any, oh well. (I play 1.4.5 on 64 bit, windows 10, incase you needed that info.)

I'm having the same issue. My log file is here. Thanks!

On 10/4/2018 at 4:20 PM, X Sonic Pro X said:

A problem I somehow have, and I have no idea why, (keep in mind I do have the dependencies installed) When I click on the menu to set up the controls, it is blank for some reason, and here is a picture.

YT3vVKw.jpgI have no clue why it's doing this, it might be some sort of conflict, but I noticed something in the top left of the window saying "Settings", but it's cut off a bit, so I can't click it.
It's weird, so I'm going to look for some answers. If I can't find any, oh well. (I play 1.4.5 on 64 bit, windows 10, incase you needed that info.)

Any update to this problem?  I have it too sometimes, I am playing 1.5.1 on OS X

Hello, is there any ways to export a preset of a controller to another KSP copy?

(i have the 5 KSP folders, i made the preset on a new gamedata folder only with this mode to load the game faster)

But i want this preset on all of my others KSP folders.

5 hours ago, JoaquinJAR said:

Hello, is there any ways to export a preset of a controller to another KSP copy?

(i have the 5 KSP folders, i made the preset on a new gamedata folder only with this mode to load the game faster)

But i want this preset on all of my others KSP folders.

GameData\ksp-advanced-flybywire\PluginData\advanced_flybywire_config_v21.xml

Copy that file into the PluginData folder of all your AFBW installs

I cant Believe i made it work in my STEAM install, with the steam ship browser thing and all... with making history, joystick support and mods! in my previous install it will just crash when i open the AFBW window, i dont understand how i fixed it. first i used my working install of it, copied it, then i copied all the files (but not gamedata) of my steam install and pasted them on other install, and it worked so then i copied all of these files (the ksp ones and the gamedata from the working AFBW install) into the steam install and it work! 

sorry if u didnt understand lol

all the files needed to run Making History are in the SquadExpansion Folder in gamedata? so i can copy and paste that file into my other installs without having to copy all the ksp files.

On 11/15/2018 at 9:26 AM, Geonovast said:

I tried it again with the console open, hoping something would be getting spammed to it, but there were no entries. 

However, when I managed to get it to click on the radio button for my joystick, everything cleared up.  Even unchecking it, opening and closing the dialogue, re-checking it wouldn't bring the lag back.  It was just gone after clicking the radio button.

Not sure if there's anything you can do with that, but it doesn't seem to be a problem anymore. :huh:

Sounds like something is wrong when no controller is selected, could you try again in a new, clean install and report back?  

On 11/30/2018 at 3:29 AM, deufrai said:

Hi

The behavior reported by @Geonovast in

has been reproduced on a fresh 1.5.1 Linux (Mint 19 + Mate) install.

Other than that, everything works just great with the X56 Logitech Hotas. Many thanks !

Log file when it is happening is needed.

58 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Sounds like something is wrong when no controller is selected, could you try again in a new, clean install and report back? 

Tried it again in another fresh install.  Same result.  ~10 seconds between action and reaction.  Lag clears up immediately when selecting the joystick.

KSP.log: https://drive.google.com/open?id=15azBcVBLWTLIccQHKQwh7t2LJPJVGmhr

Player.log: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1QXhRYp1IhFtCS2B3VdZNnSguRPwl6zU7

Im having some trouble with SAS overriding pitch/yaw/roll controls. I have the option checked for AFBW to override SAS but I am unable to have any control input with SAS on. Im using an Xbox 360 wired controller, Windows 10 (64bit). I uninstalled all other mods and the problem persists, so it doesn't appear to be a conflicting mod. Any ideas on how to resolve this? It really puts a damper on using the controller ;.;

Version 1.8.1.1 AFBW and 1.5.1.2235 KSPx64

edit/update:

Its working now. Not sure what the issue was but I will update if I figure out what was going on. I changed USB ports for the controller and have Steam running now when earlier it was not running. That doesnt really make sense though :confused: 

Edited by dubdubak
update

The problem I was having with control input being overridden with SAS engaged stemmed from having both settings  "AFBW overrides SAS and other control inputs"  and "Atmospheric Autopilot compatibility"  active at the same time. 

Atmospheric Autopilot seems to work just fine without the compatibility setting active for me. A scene change or loading a quicksave was necessary  for changes of these setttings to manifest.

Thank you linuxgurugamer for your continued efforts and contributions! It is awesome to setup a joystick and gamepad on the fly... no more keyboard piloting for me! 

Can you add support to make a button on the joystick that clicks whatever the mouse is aiming? and support to use axes to move the mouse?
so i could use RPM interiors without using the mouse.

(also add support for a key that Turns off AFBW, in case your joystick goes crazy and it moves the mouse too much to be able to turn on the mouse feature)

anyways, i love the mod!

• 5 weeks later...

Hi, I have installed the version for KSP 1.4.5 (AFBW 1.8.1.3), and the required dependencies. However, there was no toolbar icon for the control setup, nor could I use the Shift+L shortcut. Everything was installed correctly, with the GameData folder contents in GameData and the rest of the .dlls in the same folder as the KSP executable. I am running a heavily modded instance. Could it be caused by a conflict, or am I doing something wrong?

EDIT: Definitely something wrong with the mod for me; still wouldn't work with all dependencies on a fresh install.

EDIT 2: For some reason, reinstalling the game a second time worked; it functions now

Edited by o24UK42o

4 minutes ago, Geonovast said:

Where did you see to do that?  Everything goes in GameData.  Those dlls should be in GameData/ksp-advanced-flybywire/Plugins/

Spoiler

Manual installation

Windows

1. Download the latest mod archive from SpaceDock

2. Copy the contents of the archive inside KSP's root folder. You should see the game controller icon during flight mode.

3. Please note that XInputInterface.dll and SDL2.dll must be in the same folder as the KSP executable and not in GameData.

Step 3 on the first page of the thread

EDIT: I haven't touched the Plugins folder, or anything in GameData

Edited by o24UK42o

Just now, o24UK42o said:
  Hide contents

Manual installation

Windows

1. Download the latest mod archive from SpaceDock

2. Copy the contents of the archive inside KSP's root folder. You should see the game controller icon during flight mode.

3. Please note that XInputInterface.dll and SDL2.dll must be in the same folder as the KSP executable and not in GameData.

Step 3 on the first page of the thread

Ohhh those dlls.  Sorry, I misunderstood.