[1.12.x] AFBW Revived (Joystick & controller mod)

27 minutes ago, Ozi said:

I'm using this mod so I could use gamepad (setting controls in options doesn't work for me). But when I try to dock and switch between ships, I gain control on all of them at the same time. Is there a way to turn it off?

What version are you running.  This was a bug I fixed in version 1.8.2

16 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Make sure you have all the dependencies installed.

Mod list doesn't help .  If you checked the dependencies and they are ok, post a log file

Thanks for the reply! All dependencies are installed and updated but, AFBW still does not show up in game. Here is my log: http://www.mediafire.com/file/36p21m7q7m2yd7k/KSP.log/file I dont know how to post my log here so i put it on mediafire.

46 minutes ago, GamingJose said:

Thanks for the reply! All dependencies are installed and updated but, AFBW still does not show up in game. Here is my log: http://www.mediafire.com/file/36p21m7q7m2yd7k/KSP.log/file I dont know how to post my log here so i put it on mediafire.

You can’t post a log here, you did the right thing

Curious as to which gamepad you are using.

5 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

What version are you running.  This was a bug I fixed in version 1.8.2

Could you please post a complete output_log.txt, the one you uploaded seems to end at the main menu, I need to see at least the flight scene in it

28 minutes ago, GamingJose said:

This isn't a complete log.  I need you to start the game and go into the flight scene, then exit and send me the log file at that time.

I did notice that you are forcing OpenGL mode; while I doubt that is an issue, could you try without OpenGL?

57 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

This isn't a complete log.  I need you to start the game and go into the flight scene, then exit and send me the log file at that time.

I did notice that you are forcing OpenGL mode; while I doubt that is an issue, could you try without OpenGL?

ok i got it to work, it might have been the opengl thing? or idk but the mod loaded this time. Thanks :)

I just noticed that by using AdvancedFlyByWire, I have been cheating the game all this time :lol: (and probably many others too).
And, I'm amazed that this hasn't been mentioned here yet.

AdvancedFlyByWire always has control... even on hardest difficulty when communication link with KSC is required for probes.
No link with KSC -> indicator says "no control" -> uncontrollable by keyboard (as it should), but all is still controllable by AFBW...

I have sometimes wondered why my keyboard wouldn't stage... Thought it was a bug. (I usually don't stage with the keyboard).
But, it wasn't. Keyboard not working is sometimes an intended behavior. AFBW should also not have control in these situations.

Never noticed this :lol:

Love this mod for using my X56 with KSP. I have noticed a couple of things that I don't believe are working correctly that you might want to look into:

1. The SAS (Hold) button doesn't temporarily invert the SAS state, instead, if held, the SAS will be ON regardless of its current state and when released the SAS will switch off. I'm assuming the actual point of this button if to function the same way a the default 'F' key binding.

2. When holding down the Brakes (Hold) button, if I then press some other button (axes don't appear to interfere with this) on the controller the brakes disengage. I'd guess this is happening because when two buttons are simultaneously active on the controller the mod is interpreting this as a button combination which no longer corresponds to the Brakes (Hold) binding. Not a big deal but it renders the Brakes (Hold) button pretty useless; I kept wondering why my planes weren't slowing down after landing. Perhaps a way to enable or disable combinations in the mod menu? I personally have no use for them but I understand why other find them useful.

I was also wondering if there are any plans to update this mod to include the axis groups which have been added to the game?

:)

• 1 month later...

Hi @linuxgurugamer, i might have a silly question:

Is it possible to extend this mod's functionality into the VAB/SPH scenes aswell? If possible, I could make it myself with some directions!

I got into this game on ps4 and recently got it on pc, sometimes I really miss building crafts with a controller. Lol....  

I also couldn't assign axis controls for EVA! The ones that make your kerbal walk/traverse ladders and so on. 

Thank you for your time!

33 minutes ago, Cruss said:

Hi @linuxgurugamer, i might have a silly question:

Is it possible to extend this mod's functionality into the VAB/SPH scenes aswell? If possible, I could make it myself with some directions!

I got into this game on ps4 and recently got it on pc, sometimes I really miss building crafts with a controller. Lol....  

I also couldn't assign axis controls for EVA! The ones that make your kerbal walk/traverse ladders and so on. 

Thank you for your time!

Not silly at all, although you are the first to ask.

its doable, but I don’t have time right now. There are also some significant decisions to be made while doing it.

48 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Not silly at all, although you are the first to ask.

its doable, but I don’t have time right now. There are also some significant decisions to be made while doing it.

I see, thanks for letting me know :)

Although I've been flight simulating for about 20 years, I'm a little new to KSP. First, thanks to all of the modders out there, and to the entire communtity. A special thanks to linuxgurugamer for creating AFBW. It baffles me why KSP doesn't have an effective way to use a joystick, and no commands for prograde/retrograde/normal, etc. I'm hoping linuxgurugamer (LGG) updates the awesome AFBW for the new version, 1.8 that just came out for KSP. I was so disappointed when I went to play today and realized that Steam updated and the joystick no longer worked. CKAN also showed that AFBW was no longer compatible. Awesome mod LLG.

@linuxgurugamer

I've the AFBW mod installed and can select, configure and calibrate my Taranis XD9. However, the controls don't respond in-game, even after exiting and restarting the program. Not sure whats wrong here are the controls are being detected as seen within the controller configuration screen. Do you have any advice on how to correct this?

Note: The mods main files are withing the main KSP working directory while the mod itself resides in /gamedata

Edit: Just after creating a new preset, the controls to allow for me to manipulate the Yaw, Pitch and Roll in game. However the Throttle moves the % bar without the crafts engines throttling up. Being that this is an electric rover, it doesnt used staged events. (Everything is just on by default) All that being said, once i return to the Space Port and then return to the launch screen, none of the controls are active despite the preset being available and the calibration screen showing that the stick deflections are working.

Thank you in advance,

Redacted

Edited by Redacted

18 hours ago, Redacted said:

@linuxgurugamer

I've the AFBW mod installed and can select, configure and calibrate my Taranis XD9. However, the controls don't respond in-game, even after exiting and restarting the program. Not sure whats wrong here are the controls are being detected as seen within the controller configuration screen. Do you have any advice on how to correct this?

Note: The mods main files are withing the main KSP working directory while the mod itself resides in /gamedata

Edit: Just after creating a new preset, the controls to allow for me to manipulate the Yaw, Pitch and Roll in game. However the Throttle moves the % bar without the crafts engines throttling up. Being that this is an electric rover, it doesnt used staged events. (Everything is just on by default) All that being said, once i return to the Space Port and then return to the launch screen, none of the controls are active despite the preset being available and the calibration screen showing that the stick deflections are working.

Thank you in advance,

Redacted

Hello linuxgurugamer, 

I have this same issue at the moment. It started after updating to 1.8, so I downgraded to 1.7.3, which also didn't work so I did a clean install and added no other mods except the dependencies. I installed using CKAN.  

The problem remains, I assign the axis and buttons and the controls show as working in the AFBW calibration screen. The buttons work but the axis do not. Save, exit, reload, rinse, repeat the they still don't work. Also, sometimes the button and axis mappings don't save, however the name of the preset profile always does. Also, when the ticks for SAS and throttle override are set the keyboard doesn't control the craft.

Here is a log file I just made reproducing the problem, it is in 1.7.3 with all of my mods installed, this install used to work. If you would like I can do a clean install and try it again too.

Log File: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1l5HQFR0HP2PWa6lPL1zJm85uaQazfM62

Thank You! Your Mods make this game very enjoyable for me and my sons!

1 hour ago, Nekton said:

same issue at the moment. It started after updating to 1.8, so I downgraded to 1.7.3, which also didn't work so I did a clean install and added no other mods except the dependencies. I installed using CKAN.  

It appears younare running in a Steam install.  Your “clean install” probably wasn’t.  You need to manually delete all the files in the GameData, Steam will not touch files it didn't install.

• 2 weeks later...