[1.12.x] AFBW Revived (Joystick & controller mod)

On 10/21/2019 at 8:00 PM, Nekton said:

Hello linuxgurugamer, 

I have this same issue at the moment. It started after updating to 1.8, so I downgraded to 1.7.3, which also didn't work so I did a clean install and added no other mods except the dependencies. I installed using CKAN.  

The problem remains, I assign the axis and buttons and the controls show as working in the AFBW calibration screen. The buttons work but the axis do not. Save, exit, reload, rinse, repeat the they still don't work. Also, sometimes the button and axis mappings don't save, however the name of the preset profile always does. Also, when the ticks for SAS and throttle override are set the keyboard doesn't control the craft.

Here is a log file I just made reproducing the problem, it is in 1.7.3 with all of my mods installed, this install used to work. If you would like I can do a clean install and try it again too.

Log File: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1l5HQFR0HP2PWa6lPL1zJm85uaQazfM62

Thank You! Your Mods make this game very enjoyable for me and my sons!

On 10/21/2019 at 1:33 AM, Redacted said:

@linuxgurugamer

I've the AFBW mod installed and can select, configure and calibrate my Taranis XD9. However, the controls don't respond in-game, even after exiting and restarting the program. Not sure whats wrong here are the controls are being detected as seen within the controller configuration screen. Do you have any advice on how to correct this?

Note: The mods main files are withing the main KSP working directory while the mod itself resides in /gamedata

Edit: Just after creating a new preset, the controls to allow for me to manipulate the Yaw, Pitch and Roll in game. However the Throttle moves the % bar without the crafts engines throttling up. Being that this is an electric rover, it doesnt used staged events. (Everything is just on by default) All that being said, once i return to the Space Port and then return to the launch screen, none of the controls are active despite the preset being available and the calibration screen showing that the stick deflections are working.

Thank you in advance,

Redacted

I have the same Issue with the mod in 1.8.1 and also had the same in 1.7.3 with my X56, the issue was partially resolved by making the same axis used in AFBW in the Settings menu but the latency issue persists. I don't know what the issue is that causes this to occur. In the 1.8.1 install the Pitch Yaw and Roll were working until I reverted the flight to launch and the Presets Reset their settings and Configuration but the name of the Preset persists. And even after reinputting the axes to the presets the inputs would show in the config menu but such input is not reflected in flight by the aircraft. Any help to fix this issue would be greatly appreciated as there aren't many games that I can justifiably play with my HOTAS and I really enjoy when I am able to utilize it.
p.s. I have tried everything apart from a 100% clean Reinstall of the game or using the other installations of the game I have as they are not updated past 1.7.x

Edited by Lambda-Theta

• 2 weeks later...

Forgive me if this isn't an issue related to the mod, but I've been struggling to get my Saitek X52 HOTAS working at all let alone through AFBW. I'm running KSP 1.8.1 on Windows 10 64x. I'm 100% positive I have the mod and its discrepancies installed correctly.

I've tried every driver/software version for the stick I can think of. I've rolled the drivers back to the older madcatz software(dead end as i couldnt even get the old software to work), clean installs of the new drivers from logitech, uninstalling logitech drivers to use the default microsoft one. All bupkis. Again, I realize this may be a larger problem with the hotas & KSP. But I have confirmed the HOTAS is working perfectly in other games like Elite Dangerous. But for some reason KSP and AFBW do not register the HOTAS at all. If anyone has any input or advice on anything I might have missed or been too stupid to see myself any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Logs: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1NnFTGcBY-hZGrF3gFgq7xWbGqWF06vH0?usp=sharing

Hi there !

I got a new X52 pro, and got same issue : I can make a preset, axis and buttons work in calibration, and only buttons in flight. And as soon as I exit, no more preset configuration.

(KSP 1.8.1, latest AFBW and dependencies, via CKAN.)

Did someone tried an older version of AFBW ? It seems reverting the game is not a solution, so maybe AFBW ?

1 hour ago, Sppion1 said:

Hi there !

I got a new X52 pro, and got same issue : I can make a preset, axis and buttons work in calibration, and only buttons in flight. And as soon as I exit, no more preset configuration.

(KSP 1.8.1, latest AFBW and dependencies, via CKAN.)

Did someone tried an older version of AFBW ? It seems reverting the game is not a solution, so maybe AFBW ?

I am aware, am in the middle of a massive bug hunt.  Will get to this in a week or so

Different controller, same problem: The first time I set it up in AFBW, it worked perfectly. Then after reverting the flight, the preset was empty and I had to assign everything again but then in flight only the buttons worked, no axis. It's all recognized correctly in the calibration menu.

Edited by Botlike

• 2 weeks later...

New release, 1.8.3.1

• Fixed initialization of variable outside of MonoBehaviour loop
  • Thanks to github user @bhaan for the following:
    • New Feature: SAS Invert
    • re-enable nav-ball toggle (speed mode)
    • Fix Xml Serialization for KSPv1.8
      • Note: This change is not backwards compatible with previous controller presets. Users will have to reconfigure their controllers if these changes are merged. I've tested that an old configuration file will not cause failures for the mod during deserialization, but all the button and axis bindings will be removed.

hello i have a problem AFBW does not work
I stopped ksp in 1.6 and the old AFBW worked
I am totally dependent on this mod because my microsoft FF2 is poorly recognized

the situation is that even with the dependencies I have no icon of AFBW and shift + L does not work

I have all checked several times and even reinstall my ksp
and ksp is in x64

I'm lost

On 12/25/2019 at 3:36 PM, savoyard said:
hello i have a problem AFBW does not work
I stopped ksp in 1.6 and the old AFBW worked
I am totally dependent on this mod because my microsoft FF2 is poorly recognized

the situation is that even with the dependencies I have no icon of AFBW and shift + L does not work

I have all checked several times and even reinstall my ksp
and ksp is in x64

I'm lost

Please provide a log file (see my sig for a link about it) and also details about your system and game

• 2 weeks later...

This still does not work for me. While i can use my Taranis for games such as lift-off, this KSP never detects any of the controller inputs.

Edit: I was able to restart the game and get the Pitch / Roll and Yaw to be detected. (they feel very smushy) That being said, i cant separate the Keyboard throttle control from the RC throttle control. This appears to be only an issue for electric rotors and not the traditional engines.

Edited by Redacted

On 10/21/2019 at 4:33 AM, Redacted said:

@linuxgurugamer

I've the AFBW mod installed and can select, configure and calibrate my Taranis XD9. However, the controls don't respond in-game, even after exiting and restarting the program. Not sure whats wrong here are the controls are being detected as seen within the controller configuration screen. Do you have any advice on how to correct this?

Note: The mods main files are withing the main KSP working directory while the mod itself resides in /gamedata

Edit: Just after creating a new preset, the controls to allow for me to manipulate the Yaw, Pitch and Roll in game. However the Throttle moves the % bar without the crafts engines throttling up. Being that this is an electric rover, it doesnt used staged events. (Everything is just on by default) All that being said, once i return to the Space Port and then return to the launch screen, none of the controls are active despite the preset being available and the calibration screen showing that the stick deflections are working.

Thank you in advance,

Redacted

Did you ever provide a log file?

• 3 weeks later...

I wonder if it would be possible to add an option to have the diagonal directions of a joystick hatswitch activate both adjacent cardinal direction hatswitch buttons at once? At the moment, I want to assign camera X/Y to my hatswitch, but using the diagonal directions doesn't activate anything since they are counted as just plain buttons, and there isn't a camera +x+y, camera -x+y etc option in the button mapper.

funnily enough in the stock ksp integration, my hatswitch counted as an axis somehow, and assigning hatswitch 'x axis' to x camera, and y to y, worked the way I want, with the diagonals moving the camera in both axes (this is apparently the plural of axis!) at once. (using logitech 3DPro)

• 2 months later...

Can this work with mouse/keyboard so I can just use a PS4 dual shock for flying planes?

So the analog stick smooths out inputs and acts more like a 'stick' and not just emulating keypresses?

But use the keyboard for other interface things like SAS, time warp, etc?

I'm on a Mac.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I just wanted to confirm this mod was still working with KSP version 1.9.1.

I have the same issue as a previous poster.

On 11/20/2019 at 4:17 PM, CapFuto said:

I'm pretty sure I put everything where it belongs and the mod isn't showing up in game. Although it asked me on startup if I want to allow to check for updates. 

The response was to "Check your dependencies, if that's good, then post a log file".

I am new to KSP and to using mods, but I think I have the mod files saved in the correct place.  Unfortunately I don't see the 'controller' icon that I think appears in the game.   I am not sure how to 'check my dependencies'.  Any guidance/suggestions would be very appreciated.  

Thanks!

Hello all, 

I haven't played KSP in a several years after getting it back in early access (or beta I can't remember) I have decided to get back into it. I like using a joystick so I installed this software and it works overall very well. The only problem I am having is a very broad one that I hope someone out there can shed some light on. I have a Thrustmaster 16000M which has a lovely little slider at the bottom that I would like to use for throttle. The problem is that at the bottom the axis reads as -1.0 and at the top 1.0 normally not a big deal but because the bottom isn't 0 I lose half the throttle to input I cannot use. Any solutions for this out there?

Thanks

EDIT: So I have been playing with this some more and I found in calibration how to reset it so the slider axis was all the way at zero at the bottom and 1 (well -1 but that's fine).

However the slider still doesn't really work how a throttle should, when I have the throttle set to Throttle increment and the zero set just slightly off the very bottom of the switch and I move it up the throttle continuously climbs until i get it back to the calibrated zero exactly, then it drops to zero if I go at all below the calibrated zero... I would like to to behave where if I push it up to the middle it goes to 50% throttle and such. 

Any suggestions?

Edit2: I figured out the issue and wanted to update for anyone else who may run into a similar problem

The Axis should be calibrated with the slider all the way down so it runs 0-1 (or 0 to -1) then the preset should be Throttle -set to that slider axis. THEN! in the mod settings turn on AFBW input overrides throttle!

that did it for me anyway.

Edited by Pyroyoshi
Figured it out and posting for helping others

On 4/15/2020 at 6:47 PM, ilikebikes2 said:

Hello,

I just wanted to confirm this mod was still working with KSP version 1.9.1.

I have the same issue as a previous poster.

The response was to "Check your dependencies, if that's good, then post a log file".

I am new to KSP and to using mods, but I think I have the mod files saved in the correct place.  Unfortunately I don't see the 'controller' icon that I think appears in the game.   I am not sure how to 'check my dependencies'.  Any guidance/suggestions would be very appreciated.  

Thanks!

Welcome to the forums @ilikebikes2. Dependencies are just  other mods that are required for this mod to work. Sometimes mods include their dependencies with your download, but other times you have to get them separately.

In the first post of this thread, the mods Clickthrough Blocker and ToolbarController are listed as required. From your description of your issue it sounds like those may be missing. Try downloading those and put them in your GameData folder with this mod.

Hope that helps.

Thanks Nightside!

I got this mod to work and it was great the first time I was setting everything up.  Now I am having issues. I can see my preset and all my control mapping is correct.  My Hotas Throttle stills works perfectly.   My Stick isn't responding though.   In the calibration menu I can see the calibration is fine and the Stick has a green light.  For some reason the stick doesn't respond in game though.   Any ideas?   

Edited by ilikebikes2

Thank you!

Installed AFBW Revived in KSP 1.9.1 on Linux (Mint 19.1),  and my HOTAS setup Just WorksTM beautifully. (Thrustmaster 16000.M and TWCS Throttle.) Flying spaceplanes with this mod is a wonderful experience.

I especially like the mod's ability to map SAS modes (prograde etc.) to joystick buttons. QuickSAS does that for the keyboard, but doesn't feature joystick support. The buttons on the base of the 16000.M are pretty much made for that. With a full complement of SAS modes and a plane/rocket preset toggle (swapping the yaw/roll axes), exactly one button was left over. (Well, there's the SAS on/off toggle, but I have that mapped to the trigger.)

For others considering using these particular joysticks, the only thing to know is how to calibrate properly. When calibrating the TWCS Throttle in AFBW, both the throttle handle and the antenna axis (the analog knob for the little finger) should be physically set in the 0% position. Then pressing AFBW's calibrate button maps the whole range of each of those axes to [0, 1]. This way KSP uses the full range of motion for the throttle (and similarly for the antenna axis).

Now, to learn to build planes that don't suck in FAR...

10/10, would fly again.

I remeber this one from way back. And was so happy with seen somone bringing it back. So i had to get my ass back into KSP asap! But am having issues getting this Mod to work. Am 99.9 % sure i put files wher it should. But no luck. Do i need to downgrade my ksp? Cuse this mod was, and hopefully still is a gamechanger. I gave up ksp when this mod stopped working,. And i would love to get it to work again. I dont have the exp packs yet. could that be a issue? 

its abit confusing overview for a not coder mind. I do not have any issues getting other mods to work. And i would love tips to get it to work. 

Update. After restarting and using ckan i was able to get it to run thx!:)

Edited by Skubaben

Hey @linuxgurugamer.

I tested on 1.9.1, all key binds are working, axis too, besides the Wheels Throttle and Wheels Throttle (trimmed).

For the Wheels Throttle axis i get no response in game, besides the key i set in.

For the Wheels Throttle (trimmed) axis, it return 100% acceleration all the time, after first click on axis.

And i do not find Wheels Throttle buttons to set anywhere. Having this one would be enough for me, because i normally wont use axis for wheels acceleration, only triggers.

2 hours ago, Climberfx said:

Hey @linuxgurugamer.

I tested on 1.9.1, all key binds are working, axis too, besides the Wheels Throttle and Wheels Throttle (trimmed).

For the Wheels Throttle axis i get no response in game, besides the key i set in.

For the Wheels Throttle (trimmed) axis, it return 100% acceleration all the time, after first click on axis.

And i do not find Wheels Throttle buttons to set anywhere. Having this one would be enough for me, because i normally wont use axis for wheels acceleration, only triggers.

Log file, please