[1.12.x] AFBW Revived (Joystick & controller mod)

I am trying out this mod as KSP doesn't support all the buttons on my x-52 Pro natively. I was wondering if anyone is aware of any mods which would utilize the Saitek X-52 Pro's MFD. The x52 pro MFD (along with the Saitek (Logitech) lineup of flight sim MFD panels (sold separately))  are capable  of displaying different data. in flight sims such as M$ flight Simulator or X-plane, the radio channel is displayed in the MFD. but what is displayed is dependant on the setup of the direct output setting file for the game.  so for KSP, it could display speed, delta-V, altitude, or any of a number of various things. I have tried searching on my own, but I have yet to find anything that might do this for KSP. I am hoping someone here might know more than me.

• 3 weeks later...

Excuse me if I missed something obvious, but I was wondering if it was possible to separate horizontal and vertical camera control sensitivity. 

I see the controls to change overall sens, but allowing individual x and y factors adjustment would be a great feature with what I assume minimal code-work to implement, if @linuxgurugamer is open to suggestions.

Excellent stuff as always!

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎1‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 11:41 AM, o24UK42o said:

Hi, I have installed the version for KSP 1.4.5 (AFBW 1.8.1.3), and the required dependencies. However, there was no toolbar icon for the control setup, nor could I use the Shift+L shortcut. Everything was installed correctly, with the GameData folder contents in GameData and the rest of the .dlls in the same folder as the KSP executable. I am running a heavily modded instance. Could it be caused by a conflict, or am I doing something wrong?

EDIT: Definitely something wrong with the mod for me; still wouldn't work with all dependencies on a fresh install.

EDIT 2: For some reason, reinstalling the game a second time worked; it functions now

Just got back to KSP after a hiatus, now I'm having this same issue. Fresh Steam install of version 1.6.1+DLC with no other mods. Downloaded from Spacedock, followed instructions to the letter (unpack .zip file, copy contents and paste to KSP root folder). No toolbar button appears and Shift-L does nothing. 

Edited by Auriga_Nexus

On 2/16/2019 at 8:20 AM, Auriga_Nexus said:

Just got back to KSP after a hiatus, now I'm having this same issue. Fresh Steam install of version 1.6.1+DLC with no other mods. Downloaded from Spacedock, followed instructions to the letter (unpack .zip file, copy contents and paste to KSP root folder). No toolbar button appears and Shift-L does nothing. 

Did you get the required dependencies (as listed in the first post, right at the beginning)?

For me the (Linux version of) the mod is working perfectly fine.

16 hours ago, soulsource said:

Did you get the required dependencies (as listed in the first post, right at the beginning)?

For me the (Linux version of) the mod is working perfectly fine.

By dependencies, you mean ClickThroughBlocker and Toolbar Controller, right?

At the time I posted this originally, no. However, I went back and installed both via CKAN, and ran the game again. Still nothing. 

Also just an FYI I am running the Windows version of the mod.

EDIT: Not sure if this is the cause or not but I did realize, rather stupidly, that the version of Toolbar Controller on CKAN is not the latest version. 

After manually installing the latest version from GitHub everything works.

Some old bull@#$^ really. Have I ever told anyone how much I hate CKAN?

Edited by Auriga_Nexus

On 2/17/2019 at 5:39 PM, Auriga_Nexus said:

EDIT: Not sure if this is the cause or not but I did realize, rather stupidly, that the version of Toolbar Controller on CKAN is not the latest version. 

You can probably lay that at my feet, I hadn't bothered to update the executable, just updated the version file on github.

I did a full release 3 days ago.

FYI, I install over 250 mods using CKAN, and don't have a problem with CKAN itself;  usually with mods which aren't updated or aren't updated properly

• 1 month later...

I plugged in a controller and tested the joysticks on that with the same results. The Pitch, Yaw, and Roll all work fine on both but the Throttle seems to just spaz.

*EDIT* - so for some reason when (by sheer luck) I select both the controller and the flight stick now it registers correctly..

Edited by ChobitsCrazy

• 4 weeks later...

I've got this running in 1.7 and it mostly seems to work (at least the basic rotation and throttle stuff works). However, I can't seem to get wheel throttle to work. 

Additionally, it would be cool to be able to use an axis setting as a button, this would allow the use of flight pedals to activate brakes (above 50% activate brakes). While it would be nice if brakes could be an analog input, I don't see an easy way to do this and would likely have to be an entirely separate mod.

4 hours ago, StarkRG said:

I've got this running in 1.7 and it mostly seems to work (at least the basic rotation and throttle stuff works). However, I can't seem to get wheel throttle to work. 

I have the same issue in 1.6.1.  I read earlier in the thread:

"Throttle issue on joystick: This happens sometimes with my Saitek X55. I recalibrate every time I start KSP with the joystick plugged in and if this happens I just recalibrate again and that fixes it. Make sure the throttle is closed, at full back, as well when you click the calibration button"

Sorry, I can't recall who posted that as I had copied the text over to my phone so I could test last night.  Not sure if above is related to the wheel throttle issue, but I tried and no luck.  Not sure if this is possible at this time, but it was late and I was tired so I probably missed something obvious (which would be typical) :)

• 2 weeks later...

I've been unable to get my engine throttle  or my hat axes (Logitech Extreme 3D Pro) working in either 1.6.1 or 1.7.0. I've tried calibrating with the throttle at both extremes and centred. If I turn on the "AFBW overrides throttle" setting, then I get absolutely nothing happening on moving the throttle. If I have that setting off, the throttle moves, but snaps back immediately to 100% throttle.

Edited by politas
My problem is with the engine throttling, not wheels (haven't tried that)

On 4/27/2019 at 1:38 AM, Red Stapler said:

I have the same issue in 1.6.1.  I read earlier in the thread:

"Throttle issue on joystick: This happens sometimes with my Saitek X55. I recalibrate every time I start KSP with the joystick plugged in and if this happens I just recalibrate again and that fixes it. Make sure the throttle is closed, at full back, as well when you click the calibration button"

Sorry, I can't recall who posted that as I had copied the text over to my phone so I could test last night.  Not sure if above is related to the wheel throttle issue, but I tried and no luck.  Not sure if this is possible at this time, but it was late and I was tired so I probably missed something obvious (which would be typical) :)

Again, the engine throttle works fine, it's the wheel throttle that doesn't work, in other words, I can't control a rover using my flight stick without resorting to using the keyboard to make it go forward and then, because it's keyboard input, it's either full torque or zero.

Another thing that would be really, really useful would be to have an "Absolute" setting for trim axes (and, while you're at it, all the others as well, though I don't know what use they might be). What I mean by that is the same kind of input as the throttle, if the input is 10% in the positive then trim is at 10% instead of increasing at a rate of 10% or whatever, if it's increased to 20% then trim gets set to 20% instead of increasing twice as fast.

Edited by StarkRG

• 3 weeks later...

@linuxgurugamer

I have a request regarding trim axis control. I would like the trim value to map 1:1 to the current value of the axis like a throttle. It currently behaves more like a joystick input increasing/decreasing trim value until the axis returns to 0/neutral. I want trim to be set directly to the current value of the axis so that I can directly control the output trim value. Would that be a possible change? Thanks!

Edited by Svm420

On 6/14/2019 at 12:55 AM, Svm420 said:

@linuxgurugamer

I have a request regarding trim axis control. I would like the trim value to map 1:1 to the current value of the axis like a throttle. It currently behaves more like a joystick input increasing/decreasing trim value until the axis returns to 0/neutral. I want trim to be set directly to the current value of the axis so that I can directly control the output trim value. Would that be a possible change? Thanks!

Use the Trim buttons. They work properly now and adjust the trim in miniscule increments. So you use the axis to make large adjustments and the trim buttons for small ones. Works perfect

6 minutes ago, Drew Kerman said:

Use the Trim buttons. They work properly now and adjust the trim in miniscule increments. So you use the axis to make large adjustments and the trim buttons for small ones. Works perfect

I know the buttons work :). The trim axis doesn't work as I'd expect it to so I am asking @linuxgurugamer if changing it is possible. Thanks.

3 hours ago, Svm420 said:

I know the buttons work :). The trim axis doesn't work as I'd expect it to so I am asking @linuxgurugamer if changing it is possible. Thanks.

My response would probably make more sense if I add that LGG and I already had this conversation about the trim axis. It works super fine this way but if he wants to change it I wouldn't mind. Although, with expanded null zones it's a lot easier to not accidentally move my trim if I bump my knob. If it's tied directly to the axis any accidental movement will also upset the trim

Hi,

First of all, this is an absolutely fantastic mod! Thank you!

Is there any plans on updating the mod for KSP1.7 and above? Basically the mod works all right on 1.7 as well, but I'm having a pretty big issue, that prevents me from using it at the moment:

The controls control multiple vessels simultaneously. This is quite bad, as you can imagine. Separating two vessels and the firing up the thusters, activates them on both vessels. Also same for turning the vessel (yaw, pitch, roll), and as far as I know, for every other controller input action. Only workaround I know is just to completety shutdown every engine & RCS and reaction wheel on the other vessel to avoid this. It messes up your missions so easily that I just had to go back using keyboard, which feels very awkward after playing with this mod.

There's also some controls that have been updated to 1.7, like rover throttle for instance. There's no axis for it anymore, but instead rover drive forward and backward bindings, or something like that (I'm not on my computer at the moment so I can't double check).

PS. I've only recently discovered this mod, so I haven't used it prior to 1.7, so I do not know if these are some known issues already..?

On 6/15/2019 at 2:42 PM, Drew Kerman said:

My response would probably make more sense if I add that LGG and I already had this conversation about the trim axis. It works super fine this way but if he wants to change it I wouldn't mind. Although, with expanded null zones it's a lot easier to not accidentally move my trim if I bump my knob. If it's tied directly to the axis any accidental movement will also upset the trim

Well after a about an hour coded the behavior myself :) Much happier with it this way. Now pushing reset trim doesn't set it to zero if the knob is too far from 0, but the precise and absolute adjustment was worth it to me.