Two problems with rescue missions

Is there any way, stock or not, to know the orbital parameters of a rescue mission ? 

And 
(This one is because mods)
Is there a way to banlist all the pods and habitats that don't have a hatch from rescue missions ? 

19 hours ago, Mokmo said:

Is there any way, stock or not, to know the orbital parameters of a rescue mission ? 

None that I know of, I'm afraid.

19 hours ago, Mokmo said:

Is there a way to banlist all the pods and habitats that don't have a hatch from rescue missions ? 

Yes.

23 hours ago, Mokmo said:

Hmmm, this information isn't displayed on the map beforehand, but it might be available in the save file (and therefore findable manually or via a mod)... unless the mission parameters aren't actually generated until you hit accept. That would be a pain.

I'd be interested to know what the deal is.

Typically, if I want to know the orbit, I'll just make a named save, accept the contract and look at the orbit in the tracking station.  If I don't like that orbit, I'll just load the save.  That is easier than attempting to find the info in the save.

Pretty sure there is a flag to tell a part has no hatch that modders should be using in order to avoid this problem. Be sure to slip a word to them.

In addition to the solution given by Streetwind, which deals with new contracts, you can edit the save file for existing ones, to replace their pods by, for example, the mk1 pod. Search for a Mk1 pod to copy and search for the stranded kerbal, or for USILS parts to replace them. I think you even get to see stranded kerbins you hve not rescued yet, and get to know their orbit (kind of).

"low orbit around" is easy, "orbit around" should be assumed to be the hardest possible orbit to establish, although sometimes it's a very easy equatorial retrograde orbit. The penality for declining a contract (or accepting and cancelling it) is not very high by default, so that's an other option, but hard orbit are not really harder, they are mostly about bringing a bigger rocket.

Edited by Kesa

I go by this basic rule of thumb:

1 star: Easy. Equatorial orbit probably, or at least prograde.

2 star: Harder. Normal orbits. Eccentric orbits. Things like that.

3 star: Hardest. Retrograde orbits. Great around Minmus for the extra free cash. Terrible for the Sun as you can't build a ship capable of completing the contract for the money they give you.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.