[Python] Persistent File Sorter

Nothing much here, I just made a simple script in Python to sort stray persistence files into saves.

I ran into this issue after my hard drive got badly damaged and I needed to use software to get back my individual persistence files (as file recovery methods can only recover some files but not directories). After doing that, I had no clue what persistent file was for what. Whether this describes you or you have stray persistent files for some other reason, this script sort them back into fully functional saves faster than you'd be able to do it manually.

Download: https://mega.nz/#!oAhFVKrY!cjgKs3bIcN05lZgW10qPAUQfLg06ifioMsDdMPT0acc

To use this script, just download it, and double click on it to run it. Make sure you also have Python 3 installed. If you run into errors, try running the script from the command prompt to diagnose it. Let me know if you run into any problems with the script itself and I'll fix it.

Note that this does not sort out scenario/training persistent files. Any that are found will be turned into career saves. Also, the directory that this script works in must ONLY have persistent files in it. The presence of folders and other files may cause issues. For unknown reasons, this bot seems unable to process a very small percentage (~1%) of saves that I run through it. If this happens to you, you may need to put those specific ones into save folders manually.

DISCLAIMER: While this bot worked while I was testing and using it, I cannot guarantee that it'll work as expected for everyone. As such, it is never a bad idea to create backups of your files beforehand. You'll be fine as long as you do this, and I'm not responsible for any lost files that result from using this script.

Before:

bztzj0V.png

After:

tOfU1aH.png

From in-game:

MNYgTOI.png

Edited by Clockwork13

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.