Can't transfer crew?

ocfZ6Hl.png

Previously I was having difficulty docking, now it seems I'm not able to transfer crew.

What's preventing me from being able to do this? Both spacecraft are docked and have crew compartments, both airlocks are open. All components are crew passable. So what gives?

(Thankfully I can complete my contract by EVA, but still...)

Right (or possibly left?) click on the hatch of the part you want to transfer crew out of. You should get a list of occupants with options to transfer or EVA them.

Docking ports have nothing to do with transferring crew, by the way; you can transfer crew between individual modules of a craft that has no ports.

Define "can't transfer crew". 

It doesn't show us anything worth while in the pic, as you have right clicked a docking port.   In order to transfer crew, you have to right click the module containing the crew you want to transfer.

Are you not given the option to?  Can you click on the option, but the transfer window doesn't come up?  You can click on the transfer window, but can't actually get the crew to move?  It says it moved the crew, but doesn't?  Etc.....

A little more pertinent info would help/ 

Hmmm, a different possible answer: as you have clearly got quite a few mods that may have affected this, it's possible one of them has implemented the behaviour described in the junior docking port's flavour text i.e. that they're too small to transfer crew through.

That's never been true of the stock game, though. In stock you don't need to have a 'route' between two modules to transfer crew, they just need to be on the same vessel.

1. Right click on the part containing crew member
  2. Select the option "transfer crew"
  3. Select the Kerbal you want to move
  4. Left click on the target part you want to transfer to

Important note : you need one (or more) unoccupied crew compartiment to use this method.

Alternate method :

1. Go on EVA with the Kerbal you want to move
  2. Reenter the craft by an other module

If needed, you can have two Kerbals in EVA at once to rotate crew, thus note needing free compartiment.

Important note : for this method, you need EVA unlocked, as well as cleared crew hatches in both crew compartiments.

Some compartiment part like MK1 crew cabin has hatches that are usually obstrued. Some mods, like USI (one you seem using) have not given any thought about hatches, which are thus inexistant.

I see you're using the SSPxR mod, which has a few pods in it without hatches. Docking ports have nothing to do with transferring crew -- they're just for attaching two craft together. So click on the pod with crew that you want to transfer, and click 'transfer crew'. Then select 'transfer' for the kerbal you want to move and finally click on the part you want to move them to.

Hope that helped :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.