[1.9.x] Vertical Velocity Controller Redux

After some lengthy trouble shooting, I narrowed down an issue with KSP 1.11.1 regarding this mod. For some reason this mod was giving me the 2d Pink Square bug stuck to my probe core (the Stayputnik ball), Quite puzzling, since I wouldn't expect this mod to change any visuals in a way that could cause this. This may be a conflict with some of the many other mods, but I thought I'd drop a comment here to record this issue in case somebody else is trying to troubleshoot this issue. After a few hours debugging my mod loadout I'm out of energy to further troubleshoot if this is a mod conflict and want to get back to KSP after a long break. 

• 3 months later...

I'm also getting the pink 2d square bug with this.  This with just this mod and its required mods it is dependent on installed on Windows 64 with an Nvidia card.  So not mod conflicts. I can provide more info, logs etc on request.

AyVMyxm.png

Edited by Kerolyov

I'm looking into this problem

On 2/8/2021 at 9:42 PM, Cleric2145 said:

After some lengthy trouble shooting, I narrowed down an issue with KSP 1.11.1 regarding this mod. For some reason this mod was giving me the 2d Pink Square bug stuck to my probe core (the Stayputnik ball), Quite puzzling, since I wouldn't expect this mod to change any visuals in a way that could cause this. This may be a conflict with some of the many other mods, but I thought I'd drop a comment here to record this issue in case somebody else is trying to troubleshoot this issue. After a few hours debugging my mod loadout I'm out of energy to further troubleshoot if this is a mod conflict and want to get back to KSP after a long break. 

On 5/25/2021 at 8:24 AM, Kerolyov said:

I'm also getting the pink 2d square bug with this.  This with just this mod and its required mods it is dependent on installed on Windows 64 with an Nvidia card.  So not mod conflicts. I can provide more info, logs etc on request.

I've tested this on 1.11.2 and am not getting the problem.  Could you both please provide a log file?

Just an FYI 1.34.0 had the problem, 1.34.0.1 probably also had the problem, it was fixed in 1.34.0.2

Edited by linuxgurugamer

1 hour ago, NubNibble said:

Seems that CKAN is installing 1.34.0.1. Manually upgrading to 1.34.0.2 does the trick, but now CKAN keeps trying to downgrade it to 1.34.0.1 every time I launch.

Sounds like you need to check CKAN:  Settings->Compoatible Game Versions, and make sure that 1.8 is checked

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
5 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Log files,  and how you installed it would be useful

Hi, here it is:

Player.log: https://pastebin.com/jsuUw2zX
Steps to replicate: Add the mod folder to GameData and run KSP
Other mods used:  AT Utils,  Click Through Blocker, Toolbar Control, Module Manager

The issue is the loading screen stuck at "Loading Part Upgrades". I confirmed it after leaving this mod as the only mod installed in GameData. I don't use CKAN btw

41 minutes ago, DarknMamaw said:

Hi, here it is:

Other mods used:  AT Utils,  Click Through Blocker, Toolbar Control, Module Manager

The issue is the loading screen stuck at "Loading Part Upgrades". I confirmed it after leaving this mod as the only mod installed in GameData. I don't use CKAN btw

Ok, it's a fairly common issue.  I'm working my way through all my mods to fix these issues.  I'll get to this soon.

I looked at it, it's not what I thought.  I'll get it fixed in the next day or so

Edited by linuxgurugamer

48 minutes ago, DarknMamaw said:

Hi, here it is:

The mod works fine, I just tested it using CKAN.

Your problem is here:

Uploading Crash Report
ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index
  at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException (System.ExceptionArgument argument, System.ExceptionResource resource) [0x00029] in <9577ac7a62ef43179789031239ba8798>:0 
  at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException () [0x00000] in <9577ac7a62ef43179789031239ba8798>:0 
  at System.Collections.Generic.List`1[T].RemoveAt (System.Int32 index) [0x00009] in <9577ac7a62ef43179789031239ba8798>:0 
  at AssemblyLoader.FlagDuplicatedPlugins () [0x0015e] in <a1ca58b5ca7140639de29a81de5e3f32>:0 
  at GameDatabase+<LoadObjects>d__90.MoveNext () [0x00194] in <a1ca58b5ca7140639de29a81de5e3f32>:0 
  at UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext (System.Collections.IEnumerator enumerator, System.IntPtr returnValueAddress) [0x00026] in <12e76cd50cc64cf19e759e981cb725af>:0 
UnityEngine.MonoBehaviour:StartCoroutineManaged2(IEnumerator)
UnityEngine.MonoBehaviour:StartCoroutine(IEnumerator)
<CreateDatabase>d__71:MoveNext()
UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine:InvokeMoveNext(IEnumerator, IntPtr)
UnityEngine.MonoBehaviour:StartCoroutineManaged2(IEnumerator)
UnityEngine.MonoBehaviour:StartCoroutine(IEnumerator)
GameDatabase:StartLoad()
<LoadSystems>d__11:MoveNext()
UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine:InvokeMoveNext(IEnumerator, IntPtr)

It doesn't even load the mod.

Since you say you installed it by hand, you probably have one or more MiniAVC.dll files in your GameData in various places.

You should install the updated ZeroMiniAVC to make sure that all the MiniAVC.dll files are removed.  MiniAVC will break your game if it's installed

CKAN would have taken care of that for you.

New release, 1.34.0.4

• Added AssemblyFileVersion
  • Updated version file for 1.12

• 7 months later...

is it possibile to select wich engine the mod should use? I am not sure if this coud solve this problem.

I have a craft balanced witch jet engine ( twr = 1 ) that are set to independent throttle , I change their throttle with I and K ( to account for mass fuel reduction and keeping twr = 1 )

Then I have two small rocket engine and these one I want them to be used by the mod , but if I set it to zero the mod apply too much throttle to the rocket engine ( the jet engine set to indepement throttle are not touched by the mod ) somehow the mod add the thrust of jet engine to the equation even if they are set to indepenedt throttle.

Maybe the mod could exclude from its calculation engine set to independent throttle

Edited by brusura

3 hours ago, brusura said:

is it possibile to select wich engine the mod should use? I am not sure if this coud solve this problem.

I have a craft balanced witch jet engine ( twr = 1 ) that are set to independent throttle , I change their throttle with I and K ( to account for mass fuel reduction and keeping twr = 1 )

Then I have two small rocket engine and these one I want them to be used by the mod , but if I set it to zero the mod apply too much throttle to the rocket engine ( the jet engine set to indepement throttle are not touched by the mod ) somehow the mod add the thrust of jet engine to the equation even if they are set to indepenedt throttle.

Maybe the mod could exclude from its calculation engine set to independent throttle

Not really.

some other mods which might do what you want are:  

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.