Forum questions

I am wondering how things on the KSP forums work. I would really like to know how people get those images below your posts and comments, and how you get those dots under your name, and how to change your name, and all the other stuff. Is there a certain page that tells you all this stuff?

These questions about the forum have been moved to the sub for questions about the forum. 

There is no guide page. 

Dots under your name come from a combination of number of posts you've made and like points you've received. 

The things under your posts are "signatures," which you can make for yourself by going to your account settings (menu when you click on your name on upper right of page), and choosing signature from the bottom left of the following page. 

And welcome to the forum. :)

30 minutes ago, Imperial Star Destroyer said:

I am wondering how things on the KSP forums work. I would really like to know how people get those images below your posts and comments, and how you get those dots under your name, and how to change your name, and all the other stuff. Is there a certain page that tells you all this stuff?

There's a quote button on each post, which allows you to create a quote like this.  You can quote a whole post, or highlight over specific text, hover your mouse, and a "Quote Selection" button will appear, allowing you to quote only what you've highlighted.

• If quoting someone's post contains a lot of pictures, it's considered good ediquette to only quote the picture you're commenting on, instead of cluttering up the thread.
  • If you're quoting someone  from a quote, please go to the original quote's post, or else it will be attributed to the wrong person.  For example, if @Vanamonde decides to quote you post by highlighting the text in my post, it will be attributed to me, not you.

There's an "Eye" Icon in the editor that allows you to create spoilers, in case you ever post anything that you only want people to see if they decide to (Such as long picture posts, or answers in some of the forum games)

Spoiler

Hidden Content

Title under your username:

4daScreenshotat20171202.png

Signature:

Screenshotat20171104.png

Handling pictures:

Changing your name: (You can only do this once)

To tag a user in a post, simply type the '@' symbol, then start typing their name.  A drop down box will appear and allow you to click on member's names to create a tag.

Welcome, @Imperial Star Destroyer!  Any other specific questions, just ask!

7 hours ago, Vanamonde said:

There is no guide page.  

Why not?  There should be.  If the mods don't want to do it (they are busy enough as is), I know we have had enough community made threads on various subjects (see @Geonovast's post above) to compile a community created guide. 

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.