StarMods: Advanced Fly-By-Wire Revived!

SQUAD

On 5/29/2018 at 8:00 AM, SQUAD said:

This mod gives you a wonderful interface to improve the controller handling of #KSP!

And if you run GNU/Linux, odds are it's currently the only way to have a working controller at all.
Please fix stock input handling, so that this mod can continue to be an optional and awesome extension, rather than another embarrassing case of the modding community leaving you for dust and small pebbles.

34 minutes ago, cfds said:

Another fine example of SQUAD outsourcing core features to the community and somehow being proud of it...

Yeah... and bugfixes too, apparently.

Edited by steve_v
Quoting is still broken...

• 8 months later...

Huge thanks for this. After wrestling jstest and /dev/input/js0, SDL environment variables and more and simply being unable to make KSP see my joystick ... magic.

Imagine, if the core game ... used SDL. Which makes joysticks easy. Unless you break it completely... somehow.

Even better the breakage is silent. KSP doesn't appear to attempt to find the joystick at all.

Search hints:

KSP joystick environment variable SDL SDL2 SDL_HINT_GAMECONTROLLERCONFIG ksp joystick not detected ksp joystick not working afbw advanced by by wire oh my god just fix the bug

• 9 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 years later...

I want to use my Hotas X52 in combination with BDArmory via action groups. The problem: AFBW doesn't seem to recognize a button being pressed for an extended amount of time, I can't "hold" the action group. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

12 minutes ago, Cerious said:

I want to use my Hotas X52 in combination with BDArmory via action groups. The problem: AFBW doesn't seem to recognize a button being pressed for an extended amount of time, I can't "hold" the action group. 

I wasn't aware action groups had any other state than "ready to receive input". How do you hold "extend solar panel"?

On 1/2/2023 at 10:34 AM, Cerious said:

The best place to ask that question would be here:

Best of luck to you!

• 10 months later...

Any way to activate controls in ksc/vab/sph? Im playing on graphic tablet with controller beside me and there seems to be and issue with mouse drag to control camera anywhere in game with tablet, would help me ton in my setup to use controller in vab while building. <3

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.