[1.4.3] Dark Textures

RailMan

1 hour ago, ZobrAA said:

OMG! Looks awesome! Can you make same thing for Airplanes Plus mod?

I am looking to do more stock part (cargo bays, adapters, etc), but integrating mods is something I am looking to do in the future.

38 minutes ago, Beetlecat said:

I like the texture approach with this one. Nicely done!

This uses the stock texture switcher, I assume?

Yes, it uses the stock switcher.

6 hours ago, RailMan said:

I am looking to do more stock part (cargo bays, adapters, etc), but integrating mods is something I am looking to do in the future.

Cool! I'm looking forward for this :)

I really like these textures, well done m8! These textures also look amazing AND shiny with TU(they work with the stock cfg from 0-0-1) so I was happy to see that.

Are there plans to incorporate the rest of the stock parts? I notice some of the mk2/mk3 parts dont have a part variant, so I assume thats why the textures dont exist for em. But it would be amazing to have these textures for those non variant having parts. Thanks!

Spoiler

p536cJ8.png

fUlA0uF.png

ExchX7i.png

On 5/29/2018 at 10:02 PM, Jesusthebird said:

But it would be amazing to have these textures for those non variant having parts. Thanks

Seconded!

I'm personally too lazy for this to be more thanJust a thought: how heavy could a custom color wheel be? :)

4 hours ago, Dark Lion said:

Reveal hidden contents

p536cJ8.png

fUlA0uF.png

ExchX7i.png

Seconded!

I'm personally too lazy for this to be more thanJust a thought: how heavy could a custom color wheel be? :)

That sound amazing, but I use the stock part variant switcher and separate textures for this mod, so something like that would be a different project.

On 6/2/2018 at 11:33 PM, Dark Lion said:

Good work so far! I'm throwing paint on everything I can!

E4kpOeH.png

Finally, we can all dispense with the Batman jokes, because it really does come in black!:rep::rep::rep::rep:

Hehe. Is that a black solar panel? 

12 hours ago, [INDO]dimas_1502 said:

i have a problem here
after i recolor parts with this paint pack, launched it, the colors gone and turned into stock colors
no log rn i'll try to launch ksp later

Module Manager installed?? The textures wont show without clicking the variant button first. Itll always load stock variant first.

17 hours ago, Jesusthebird said:

Module Manager installed?? The textures wont show without clicking the variant button first. Itll always load stock variant first.

installed as always, yes i have painted the parts from the variant option, in the editor they're black, but when i launched it they return to default, reverting to hangar doesn't give the black textures back

On 6/5/2018 at 3:30 PM, Jesusthebird said:

Hehe. Is that a black solar panel? 

Nah, just a regular one. TBH I kinda hope that might be an option in the future as well... buuuuuuut I won't be mad if other parts are prioritzed :) 

• 2 months later...
19 minutes ago, winnermah said:

For some reason, all my planes were having a massive trouble to build speed when i have this mod installed.. Even my planes without any dark texture applied. Glitched drag maybe? I don't know but that's sad :/ 

Must be anther mod doing it this is just textures and a texture switch

29 minutes ago, winnermah said:

well i uninstalled just the dark textures and they all worked fine again..

Could you change the textures ? There isnt anything in the mods but textures and the textures switch that is stock if your run 1.4.5 if your running a old ksp that don't have the switch it might be spawning a error 

Edited by Mecripp

• 1 month later...
On 9/10/2018 at 3:21 AM, Izel said:

Some thing i did for myself that you may be interested in.

more dark textures and Back In Black added to stock texture switcher.

Requires, 
Dark_Textures-1.0
Back_In_Black-1.2 (just the textures)

DarkTexturePack.zip

Do your cfgs contain the texture switching for the compatible BiB mods? i.e. OPT/Quiztech..etc..?

Edited by Jesusthebird

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.