[1.4.3] Dark Textures

RailMan

8 hours ago, xD-FireStriker said:

What is happening with this mod? Is it still being maintained?

I like this approach rather then the use of IFS to switch textures

At the moment I can't work on it, because I am busy with school and work, but I will return to it in about 5 months.

• 1 month later...

I always wanted something like that, but never knew existed, I hope it works with 1.6! Thanks!

EDIT: It doesn't work well in VAB, when you right click on any part it doesn't do anything, besides that everything its just fine.

Can someone make a fix for it for 1.6? :(

Edited by FLO

19 hours ago, FLO said:

I always wanted something like that, but never knew existed, I hope it works with 1.6! Thanks!

EDIT: It doesn't work well in VAB, when you right click on any part it doesn't do anything, besides that everything its just fine.

Can someone make a fix for it for 1.6? :(

It works with some parts, but not all - and when clicking on the Mark II cockpit, it spams one of the visual elements of the part box. But I am definitely confirming it's mostly broken by the 1.6 update - which is interesting, since most mods weren't impacted by this one. Looks like we'll need to wait until @RailMan surfaces from real life stuff. (and RailMan - focus on the real-life stuff, there are many things more important than having dark textures in 1.6. I love this mod, and thanks for the work on it!

3 minutes ago, panarchist said:

It works with some parts, but not all - and when clicking on the Mark II cockpit, it spams one of the visual elements of the part box. But I am definitely confirming it's mostly broken by the 1.6 update - which is interesting, since most mods weren't impacted by this one. Looks like we'll need to wait until @RailMan surfaces from real life stuff. (and RailMan - focus on the real-life stuff, there are many things more important than having dark textures in 1.6. I love this mod, and thanks for the work on it!

Have you checked this mod in 1.5.1? I think I will revert to that version again cause a lot of my favorite mods don't work in 1.6 

On 1/8/2019 at 12:20 PM, panarchist said:

Oh, yeah - it works fine in 1.5.1. No issues.

Ok, @FLO - so the problems we've both had are not with Dark Textures - it was the major bug Squad just fixed in the 1.6.1 release. This mod works perfectly fine in 1.6.1.

11 hours ago, panarchist said:

Ok, @FLO - so the problems we've both had are not with Dark Textures - it was the major bug Squad just fixed in the 1.6.1 release. This mod works perfectly fine in 1.6.1.

Oh nice, but there is an issue that bothers me, the mod replace the texture for some new parts polished by Squad(the nosecones and some other) and I kinda want the polished ones, I hope there will be a small "fix" made by the owner or community ... or I will do it myself, haha. :D

Thanks for the info, I already got back to 1.5.1, waiting for other mods to get an update too :D

• 10 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 5/17/2020 at 10:00 AM, UnhorsedGoose said:

I know this is a bit of a necrobump but are there any plans to keep this mod alive? Just really want some nice black textures that aren't so black they absorb light

Have you checked out Textures Unlimited? There's a recolor pack for it that allows custom colors and finish properties for a wide range of parts.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/16/2020 at 1:44 AM, Beetlecat said:

Have you checked out Textures Unlimited? There's a recolor pack for it that allows custom colors and finish properties for a wide range of parts.

Yes, I found that soon after posting in here :P Thanks for the suggestion nonetheless

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.