[1.6.1 | 1.5.1 | 1.4.5 | 1.3.1] The World Beyond - 100 new celestial bodies [v1.1.1 - 2018-10-31]

Booting up my game now to check it out.. and see if it is compatible with Outer Planets and Kernius System ;)

Confirmed to work with Outer Planets, Extra Solar and Kernius System

Love this mod allready, started a new career only to start exploring the closes to kerbin system.

Edited by dxeh
Confirming

5 hours ago, Natthone said:

okay so the other star systems won't show up in tracking station. I have no experience with Kopernicus or adding new planets. I'm pretty sure I installed correctly but I have no idea.  

You are not installing kopernicus correctly. Check their thread for installation instructions.

2 hours ago, flamerboy67664 said:

what should I do to make this work with 1.2.2? Just download the appropriate versions of the dependencies and go? BTW, this mod has serious potential man.

Unfortunately I cannot support versions before 1.3.1, you can try and see what happens but there is no guarantee that it will work.

1 hour ago, Natthone said:

• Copy the contents of the GameData/ folder to KSP's GameData/ folder

when you unzip kopernicus, there should be more than one folder in the extracted gamedata, including ModularFlightIntegrator and module manager, in the screenshot you are missing both.

This looks great!  Looks like it might be time for me to do a thorough review of the ETT late game nodes.  Going to try it out and see if it is a good match. 

You might want to recommend the mod Better Time Warp Continued.

Good Luck!

Edited by Probus

Downloaded the entire package and ran it.

No issues so far. Everything was there.

Needless to say, WOW!!

(FYI, Latest KSP version, Mac OSX High Sierra, 16GB RAM, 2012 Mac Mini dual core i5)

Edited by GDJ

Wow..this seems to be..umm... intimidating, to say the least....

This will probably overload both me and my computer :DBut it is a very beautiful planet pack, a shame I cant afford it...  :(

@Nivee~ This mod is quite modular. You can install it in sections and have as much as you want while staying within your PC's limits. :) It's better than having a whole monolithic download that's hard to cut portions out of and is all-or-nothing.

2 hours ago, GDJ said:

Needless to say, WOW!!

Glad you are enjoying it!

3 hours ago, Probus said:

This looks great!  Looks like it might be time for me to do a thorough review of the ETT late game nodes.  Going to try it out and see if it is a good match. 

You might want to recommend the mod Better Time Warp Continued.

Good Luck! 

Thank you! I will be expanding recommended mods list shortly.

13 hours ago, Dman979 said:

:o

How much RAM do I need for each of the system packs?

EDIT: Using this, FAR, scatterer+EVE and their dependencies, I used ~5GB on loading and ~2.5GB after spending some time in the tracking station.

Speaking of which: the following bodies appear black or really dark: Summit, Yggdrasil, Kaze, Adeon, Matterhorn, Mirai and Lyria. Not sure if this is a texture problem, a lightning problem or an EVE/Scatterer problem, but it might be worth checking.

And is this mod compatible with PlanetShine?

Edited by ExtremeTrader

2 hours ago, Gordon Dry said:

Read the post from GDJ a few posts above - that one made me consider to also try it ...

I still had 6 gigs of RAM left, and that was with a game with damn near 50 mods on top of this one.

1 hour ago, GDJ said:

I still had 6 gigs of RAM left, and that was with a game with damn near 50 mods on top of this one.

The only thing that I recognized until now is that going to main menu needs longer, I guess some Kopernicus loading/unloading issues...

1 hour ago, Gordon Dry said:

The only thing that I recognized until now is that going to main menu needs longer, I guess some Kopernicus loading/unloading issues...

The first load need to generate caches for the planets, which will take significantly longer and use more RAM during loading into main menu.

5 minutes ago, TheProtagonists said:

The first load need to generate caches for the planets, which will take significantly longer and use more RAM during loading into main menu.

Well, I have to change my impression

1. there are already Kopernicus cache files, but a lot of them will be recreated on other rigs than the dev's one whatsoever
  2. Kopernicus thinks on each scene change a lot of stuff has to be done, so each scene change is a lot slower with more planet packs
  3. on each vessel destroy, like debris, the same longer hickup occurs

So it's a Kopernicus issue at least, but for me it's too much, so I will remove it again.

Here's what I found:

- Oblivion, Eon and Wall barely make any RAM difference
- Traverse uses ~1GB
- Inner Dawn probably uses slightly more than 1GB (not tested)

It's not in the list, but does/will this mod support Karbonite and Planetshine?

EDIT: found some karbonite.cfg files :)

Edited by ExtremeTrader

@ExtremeTrader Earlier posts by the OP (in the dev thread) say that Karborundum has been provided. Meanwhile, Karbonite has global configs and is already present in every situation you know of and will be available at every planet.

Planetshine is a different story. That mod was recently found to not support planets that orbit any star other than Sun so it would be a waste for the OP to write configs for it.

I downloaded and installed all packs except the Dawn system, and for some reason, my game just won't seem to load... The loading screen has been there for 20 minutes, as of right now...

I am using KSP 1.3.1, Help please?

7 minutes ago, Nivee~ said:

I downloaded and installed all packs except the Dawn system, and for some reason, my game just won't seem to load... The loading screen has been there for 20 minutes, as of right now...

I am using KSP 1.3.1, Help please?

Log file, please

2 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Log file, please

Oh ,It was because of some other mod. Once I deleted it, it worked. However, after the loading screen, it displayed a warning message that Kopernicus was not able to load custom planet packs..And then I was unable to start a new save.

EDIT: Found the reason! And the mod finally ran! Its Beautiful!!! 

Thank you @TheProtagonists!!

Edited by Nivee~

6q90o1L.png

Whaaaaaa.... Agent P??? :0.0: 

That brought back some sweet childhood memories, thanks @TheProtagonists... And BTW,  I am yet to find Doofenshmirtz.... :P

Like the wise guys said, a hundred years ago, "You can tell a lot about people from the planet packs they make.."

Edited by Nivee~

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.