[1.6.1 | 1.5.1 | 1.4.5 | 1.3.1] The World Beyond - 100 new celestial bodies [v1.1.1 - 2018-10-31]

2 hours ago, Cataclism said:

I´ll play a little bit on the configuration screen, maybe I´m missing (or messing!) something and haven´t noticed. I bring the screenshots, maybe someone has got it already.
After reinstalling Scatterer and EVE.... the Kerbol system´s planets work fine. But the atmosphere on Traverse bodies comes in almost 90% opacity, I believe. And it´s all-white from the surface.  As I see, the config files are all loaded correctly.

If this keeps happening I would suggest reinstall scatterer and/or reinstall TWB, sometimes a reset like that might solve the problem.

9 hours ago, TheProtagonists said:

Yes it should work. I have tested with AVP and both works fine.

Hmm it must be conflicting with another mod then, I'll have a look into it. Thanks for the reply :)

Edit: Seems as so Kopernicus cannot load the planetary system for whatever reason.

Edited by Xein

2 hours ago, Xein said:

Hmm it must be conflicting with another mod then, I'll have a look into it. Thanks for the reply :)

Edit: Seems as so Kopernicus cannot load the planetary system for whatever reason.

I can't help you without your logs and a screenshot of the inside of your GameData folder.

Hello, there!

When my probes arrived at Adeon, I noticed that almost the entire planet is under the biome "Major Lakes", even on the land. Is that supposed to be like that? I´ve both landed on the sand and splashed down on the water, and both are "Major Lakes", even on the surface. I still haven´t tried to land on the "Sector M", though. Again, just a note.

I am having so much fun reading the descriptions of the Traverse´s celestial bodies! Still, while reading the "Odin"´s info, there is a detail that I believe requires a small correction. I post here so other users can correct me if I am wrong.Where is written "(...) a few hundred milleniums", I´m pretty sure the correct is "milleniA". No, I´m not any kind of latin-knower, but from what I recall from a few lessons, the plural is pretty tricky, as in words ending in "us", like "Campus" become "Campi" in the plural (yeah, "forum" -> "forums" is ok... go figure!), and those ending in "um", like "millenium" become "millenia". If you ever watched "X-Men" (the first movie), at the beginning prof. Xavier said something like "But every few millenia, evolution takes a giant leap". Just for saying... as I believe all my phrases are filled with english mistakes as well. :-D
Thank you!

3 hours ago, Xein said:

Which logs are you after? and I'll put a post together.

I'll need your output_log in addition to the screenshot.

2 hours ago, ILoveStars said:

if the Dawn cluster was real, Eternal would be a brown dwarf. 

Too bad it's not real

1 hour ago, Cataclism said:

When my probes arrived at Adeon, I noticed that almost the entire planet is under the biome "Major Lakes", even on the land. Is that supposed to be like that? I´ve both landed on the sand and splashed down on the water, and both are "Major Lakes", even on the surface. I still haven´t tried to land on the "Sector M", though. Again, just a note.

Can you open the console and see biome to make sure? Adeon should have 9 biomes, but it is possible that the land very next  to the waters might be marked as the lake biome. Regardless I will check it to see if that is a problem.

I am having so much fun reading the descriptions of the Traverse´s celestial bodies! Still, while reading the "Odin"´s info, there is a detail that I believe requires a small correction. I post here so other users can correct me if I am wrong.Where is written "(...) a few hundred milleniums", I´m pretty sure the correct is "milleniA". No, I´m not any kind of latin-knower, but from what I recall from a few lessons, the plural is pretty tricky, as in words ending in "us", like "Campus" become "Campi" in the plural (yeah, "forum" -> "forums" is ok... go figure!), and those ending in "um", like "millenium" become "millenia". If you ever watched "X-Men" (the first movie), at the beginning prof. Xavier said something like "But every few millenia, evolution takes a giant leap". Just for saying... as I believe all my phrases are filled with english mistakes as well. :-D

More tpyos to fix... Thanks for telling me!

Edited by TheProtagonists

15 minutes ago, TheProtagonists said:

Can you open the console and see biome to make sure? Adeon should have 9 biomes, but it is possible that the land very next  to the waters might be marked as the lake biome. Regardless I will check it to see if that is a problem.

More tpyos to fix... Thanks for telling me!

Sure thing! Will do this tonight. First, will reinstall that TWB core, just to make sure.

By the way, now running smoothly with EVE+Scatterer+SVE (Stock Visuals). Thank you for the tip! I now noticed the instruction "install BOTH the Scatterer and EVE". (y)

And I´m writting to the SCANsat deves as well, so maybe that other issue is related to their software and you don´t need to struggle around for nothing.

Edited by Cataclism

Here we are again! :-)

Well, regarding to the SCAN maps, please don´t botter, as DMagic answered that the map list on SCANsat is really limited to the third level. They may enlarge this limitation in the next upgrade, if the world-modders think necessary.

As for the Adeon supposed bug on the biomes, considering what I´ve seen on the console, the game is really identifying only those three biomes on Adeon: Major Lakes, Sector M and  Bubble Lakes. I have landed my probes in a few different enviroments, and there is no way to show other biomes. As you can see from the science archives screenshot, and also when flying and/or landing over sanded areas, the game still regonises only "major lakes".
I have visited and landed around 85% of the bodies in Traverse system, and so far it happened only in Adeon. (y)

Adeon-Reports.png Adeon-WRONG-Lakes.png biomes-Bug-1.png biomes-Bug-2.png

Here we are again! :-)

Well, regarding to the SCAN maps, please don´t botter, as DMagic answered that the map list on SCANsat is really limited to the third level. They may enlarge this limitation in the next upgrade, if the world-modders think necessary.

As for the Adeon supposed bug on the biomes, considering what I´ve seen on the console, the game is really identifying only those three biomes on Adeon: Major Lakes, Sector M and  Bubble Lakes. I have landed my probes in a few different enviroments, and there is no way to show other biomes. As you can see from the science archives screenshot, and also when flying and/or landing over sanded areas, the game still regonises only "major lakes".
I have visited and landed around 85% of the bodies in Traverse system, and so far it happened only in Adeon. (y)

Adeon-Reports.png Adeon-WRONG-Lakes.png biomes-Bug-1.png biomes-Bug-2.png

Thank you for reporting!

I have [just] found the problem, that Adeon's biome map was incorrectly referenced in the config file. A rather dumb mistake, I know...

That's going to be another bug I will fix in 1.2.

To fix it for now, you can head to TheWorldBeyond/TWB_TraverseSystem/CelestialBodies/Adeon/Adeon.cfg and find line 48 (which starts with biomeMap = ...) and replace the line with the following:

biomeMap = TheWorldBeyond/TWB_TraverseSystem/Textures/PluginData/Adeon_Biome.png

Hello, there!
I´ve started to explore Daedalus (on Traverse), and now that the biomes are all scanned, I think there´s another little misspelling to correct: one of them, spread along the entire planet, is named Vaopr Lakes. Maybe the idea was Vapor Lakes?

If so, I followed your previous tip and rename it on the .cfg file. It´s showing ok in the game, now. 

Hello, there!
I´ve started to explore Daedalus (on Traverse), and now that the biomes are all scanned, I think there´s another little misspelling to correct: one of them, spread along the entire planet, is named Vaopr Lakes. Maybe the idea was Vapor Lakes?

If so, I followed your previous tip and rename it on the .cfg file. It´s showing ok in the game, now. 

Well... I will fix that too.

You might have also noticed that Seraph's biome also doesn't work, which is due to it having the same (stupid) problem with Adeon, and you can fix it in the config file with the same way in my last post.

On 12/4/2018 at 5:15 PM, TheProtagonists said:

You might have also noticed that Seraph's biome also doesn't work, which is due to it having the same (stupid) problem with Adeon, and you can fix it in the config file with the same way in my last post.

Yeah!
I came today to make THAT report too! Good you´ve already noticed.

Man, it amazing how the single 0.9gravity of Bishamonten can change even the biomes of the nearby planets! :D

Hello, TheProtagonists!

Two things, as curiosity:

1-. As a Douglas Noel Adam´s books fan, I HAVE to ask: the 42degrees relative inclination of Dawn Star... is it a coincidence? "Is it... angry"? :D

2-. I have never liked Eve (the planet) too much, so I don´t know if this is an issue regarding to those bodies with heavy atmosphere and pressure... almost every time I set a base, a rover or any vessel a little heavier on Matterhorn surface, when I reload the game and switch to that vessel, is appears several meters above and ends up falling and exploding. Do you believe it could be due to the game engine itself or some trouble with the new planet?
----//// 
 I´m sorry; please ignore this issue, as I´ve been making some tests and am pretty sure it´s happening due to some KAS "ports" atatched to Umbra´s parts.

Edited by Cataclism

On 12/7/2018 at 9:34 AM, The-Doctor said:

@TheProtagonists hey, Is there a wiki with pics next to the planets names? I want to install only 1 or 2 systems, and I'm unsure which to install cause the pics are unlabeled 

I will make system diagrams when update 1.2 is done.

23 hours ago, Cataclism said:

Hello, TheProtagonists!

Two things, as curiosity:

1-. As a Douglas Noel Adam´s books fan, I HAVE to ask: the 42degrees relative inclination of Dawn Star... is it a coincidence? "Is it... angry"? :D

2-. I have never liked Eve (the planet) too much, so I don´t know if this is an issue regarding to those bodies with heavy atmosphere and pressure... almost every time I set a base, a rover or any vessel a little heavier on Matterhorn surface, when I reload the game and switch to that vessel, is appears several meters above and ends up falling and exploding. Do you believe it could be due to the game engine itself or some trouble with the new planet?
----//// 
 I´m sorry; please ignore this issue, as I´ve been making some tests and am pretty sure it´s happening due to some KAS "ports" atatched to Umbra´s parts. 

1. There are many, many references to virtually every medium in this mod, although I do admit I used the number 42 a bit too much... But there are also other arc numbers you can find ;)

2. WorldStabilizer might solve this problem.

19 hours ago, AstralWither said:

really was eager for this, but my pc power is finite

and besides this mod really does not like my computer

Make sure you are running 64 bit KSP is you are not on 1.5, and you can always start testing by only instal the bare bones of TWB.

54 minutes ago, TheProtagonists said:

Make sure you are running 64 bit KSP is you are not on 1.5, and you can always start testing by only instal the bare bones of TWB.

i am on 1.5 and doing superb, just ran out of computer power is all

EDIT: i forgot to mention that i got the full pack

Edited by AstralWither

I'm a couple of weeks into a save with this mod and it really is superb. The scale is huge; I've only installed Dawn and that system alone is going to take me months. And so many beautiful backdrops!

Thank you for all the work that has gone into this mod

screenshot91.png

Edited by Oafman

Hello

Loving this amazing mod and can't wait for it to become compatible with KSS! I am having a small issue though, none of the planets in any system other than the Kerbol system is showing any clouds. Today I tried switching from SVE to AVP and while the auroras were working fine the clouds still weren't appearing. I tried to fix it by changing the cloud configs of each system to read @EVE_CLOUDS:AFTER[AstronomersVisualPack] instead of EVE_CLOUDS (as someone suggested elsewhere) but this only gave OWR planets clouds. Switching it back to @EVE_CLOUDS:AFTER[StockVisualEnhancements] gave the clouds back to Kerbol but removed them from OWR. I'm out of ideas with the configs, however given my basic knowledge of coding and modding I believe the cloud configs are the cause and probable solution? From what I've noticed I'm assuming only one system/mod pack can have clouds appear, but surely this isn't true and a work around is possible in the configs!?

To be clear I am running TWB with OPM, Extrasolar and OWR and all of them suffer this issue. If it helps I'm running the latest x64 version on steam with arguably wayy to many mods, I have attached my output_log via dropbox below, apologies for the amount of mods I have, I may need to re think about the mods I have installed.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ey02owlndi0zxh8/output_log.txt?dl=0

Any help or advice is appreciated. Huge thanks to anyone who can help!

Edited by Bwendal