[1.6.1 | 1.5.1 | 1.4.5 | 1.3.1] The World Beyond - 100 new celestial bodies [v1.1.1 - 2018-10-31]

Hi, in my opinion you created most intresting, good-looking mod of all times! But unfortunately i can't see any clouds... here's how my game data folder looks like:

https://imgur.com/a/lSs6dKB

and here's how it looks in-game:

https://imgur.com/a/QFQ0MwC

quick look at TWB folder:

https://imgur.com/a/1RznzzO

Especially for this mod i  installed again fresh 1.4.3 version of KSP, then instaled: CTTP, EVE (without config), and Scatterer. I can see sunflares etc. but can't see any clouds :( i didn't had crash tho so i don't know if u need my log files or not.

7 hours ago, FunThomas said:

Especially for this mod i  installed again fresh 1.4.3 version of KSP, then instaled: CTTP, EVE (without config), and Scatterer. I can see sunflares etc. but can't see any clouds :( i didn't had crash tho so i don't know if u need my log files or not.

Well... the screenshot you sent me is Kerbin, which doesn't have clouds since this mod doesn't give clouds or scatterer effects to stock planets.

Note that TWB makes NO change to the stock system and you still start on Kerbin.

You can install other visual mods for the stock system such as AVP if you want visuals for the stock planets.

this looks amazing! also, can i please have an estimated system requirements? or at least, if 8 ram and GeForce GTX 960M and an i5 quad core are enough?

edit: apperently not! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edited by omermerG
found the answer

On 6/10/2018 at 1:33 PM, omermerG said:

this looks amazing! also, can i please have an estimated system requirements? or at least, if 8 ram and GeForce GTX 960M and an i5 quad core are enough?

edit: apperently not! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'm on a intel i7 4790k 32gb ram and a 1080ti

I'm running all the graphic, parts and QOL mods you might need and my system chugs with this mod installed ontop of it. really bad frame drops and stuttering.

I do think my system could handle this mod If I was running the stock game with just this mod installed. 

9 hours ago, Jengaleng said:

I'm running all the graphic, parts and QOL mods you might need and my system chugs with this mod installed ontop of it. really bad frame drops and stuttering.

You can try changing scatterer settings and see if that helps

I have 16Gb and I am able to run a install with all of TWB plus several other planet packs (with visuals) and a ton of other mods at at least 15 FPS, so it should definitely be possible for you

Make sure you are using the latest Kopernicus though, since the earlier versions had a huge frame rate problem.

11 hours ago, TheProtagonists said:

You can try changing scatterer settings and see if that helps

I have 16Gb and I am able to run a install with all of TWB plus several other planet packs (with visuals) and a ton of other mods at at least 15 FPS, so it should definitely be possible for you

Make sure you are using the latest Kopernicus though, since the earlier versions had a huge frame rate problem.

Great advice! I'll try this thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/23/2018 at 8:38 PM, Badge said:

Does anyone know which system this screenshot this is from? To save me from having to download them all.

On 6/23/2018 at 11:13 PM, billybob579 said:

I believe that's the Inner Dawn system. Specifically, the planet Paradise and its moons. And it is definitely awesome; if I had to pick just two systems, it would be that and Transverse.

The was the planet Overture in Traverse system. The first image is itself seen from it's moon, and second image is it's moons seen from itself.

I literally just made an account to say this. Honestly this is the most beautiful looking planet pack i've ever seen. And soooooo many planets and moons and stars, I don't know how I will explore them all but I want to. You've done some amazing work, I hope you're proud of yourself because this is amazing. Keep it up

@RocketScientist Whatever plans you have that you're accustomed to for going between stars (once you're near Dawn) should work. But getting from Kerbin to Dawn (the center of TWB) you're going to need a mod to increase max time warp limits and a warp drive that can really, really go. I tried it with USI warp drive and it took me 1 hour irl without buffing its settings.

2 minutes ago, JadeOfMaar said:

@RocketScientist Whatever plans you have that you're accustomed to for going between stars (once you're near Dawn) should work. But getting from Kerbin to Dawn (the center of TWB) you're going to need a mod to increase max time warp limits and a warp drive that can really, really go. I tried it with USI warp drive and it took me 1 hour irl without buffing its settings.

Any recommendations of warp drives?

I decided to give this a spin on a new 1.43 install with KSP IE and 150 other mods for a science campaign. Installed most via CKAN, then picked up the whole mod and it works just fine so far.
Only issue is the now extreme game start time of >10 minutes but that's KSP for you ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. 

I noticed that my RAM usage goes up to 15GB in the main menu, but drops to 9-10 in game.

2 hours ago, RocketScientist said:

Any recommendations of warp drives?

I mean, there's a whole complex mod including fusion engines that may work for you: 

There's other mods I haven't tried, give the forum search a try as well.

Edited by Zah

1 hour ago, Grease1991 said:

super frustrating cause kopernicus disables it self in 1.4.4 and i don't know how to get 1.4.3

assuming you have the steam version, right click to KSP, select properties, click on the betas tab and choose previous_1.4.3

21 hours ago, TheProtagonists said:

assuming you have the steam version, right click to KSP, select properties, click on the betas tab and choose previous_1.4.3

funny enough, I legitimately thought about buying it on steam so i could do that, but i have had ksp since right before it was on steam.

• 3 weeks later...
9 hours ago, 0something0 said:

I was looking forward to trying this but I can't load it for some reason - It gives me the "Kopernicus has encountered an exception while loading... blah blah" window after load.

You have made errors when installing the mod.

Make sure when you extract (extract by "extract here" and not "extract to...") the core download, put the entire extracted TheWorldBeyond folder into your GameData.

thought I should post this:: I maybe premature n testing: as the kopernicus 1.4.5 just came out and I have been waiting...I was so exited about that. I used TWB in 1.4.3 and it was great and of course gone in 1.4.4.. but when launched in 1.4.5 I didn't see the planets and suns either..

so I have a log posted. the actual log is 8k lines; so I removed only the info I could find relative to TWB.

KSP works\loads fine all saves(all created post 1.4.3), parts and craft work I created a new save to use today and could find the extras places to visit.

http://www.teamdemonic.com/photo/KSP/7-18/theworldbeyond145.txt

if you need more info I would be honored to post it for you. my bet is you are working on it already.

thanks for this great mod.. 

Jammer-TD

24 minutes ago, Jammer-TD said:

thought I should post this:: I maybe premature n testing: as the kopernicus 1.4.5 just came out and I have been waiting...I was so exited about that. I used TWB in 1.4.3 and it was great and of course gone in 1.4.4.. but when launched in 1.4.5 I didn't see the planets and suns either..

so I have a log posted. the actual log is 8k lines; so I removed only the info I could find relative to TWB.

KSP works\loads fine all saves(all created post 1.4.3), parts and craft work I created a new save to use today and could find the extras places to visit.

Thank you for reporting! If it's not too much trouble can you provide come screenshots on the issues?

I saw your post on the GPP thread so maybe 1.4.5 had broke kopernicus and the planets in some ways that is beyond my control right now...