[1.6.1 | 1.5.1 | 1.4.5 | 1.3.1] The World Beyond - 100 new celestial bodies [v1.1.1 - 2018-10-31]

1 hour ago, SlamduncAZ said:

I have multiple versions of module manager because they came with the other mods I have. These other mods work fine. Can you send be a picture of what your World Beyond folder looks like (with the core and dawn system folders open)? Also, I’m on a 64 bit computer on KSP 1.3.1 I think... I’m not sure how to see my version. In the bottom corner on the main menu it says 1.4.4.2215. 

1. Delete all of the module managers besides the latest version (3.1.3). You only need one, and just because other mods works "fine" doesn't mean they are 100% problem free.

2. You are on KSP 1.4.4, which is not supported by any latest Kopernicus versions. Therefore you should update to either 1.5.1 or 1.6.1 and download the Kopernicus corresponding to that version.

3. The screenshot you provided looked like that you downloaded the entire TWB and not just the Dawn system, and you are missing EVE which is required for the visuals to work.

I downloaded EVE but it says I need to add a config to “EVE_TEXTURE_CONFIG{}”, “EVE_TERRAIN{}”, “EVE_CITY_LIGHTS{}”, “EVE_SHADOWS{}”, and “EVE_ATMOSPHERE{}”. How do I do that? (I am not very smart when it comes to KSP mods) Also, how do I update KSP? (I’m not smart about a lot of things). Will updating KSP wipe my progress or something? (I am very stupid) 

Also, does installing this mod correctly add the other star systems to games that have already been started?

Edited by SlamduncAZ

I think I found an incompatibility/glitch with this mod installed and Spectra visual pack. If you have them both enabled Duna ends up being a bright blue. https://imgur.com/a/SzMxqaO

I am experimenting further to see too make sure that its not some other mod, but I am pretty sure it is these two.

EDIT: Clean install with just the world beyond and spectra confirms this bug is an incompatibility. I do not know what mod needs to be patched though.

Edited by cooltot

2 hours ago, cooltot said:

I think I found an incompatibility/glitch with this mod installed and Spectra visual pack. If you have them both enabled Duna ends up being a bright blue. https://imgur.com/a/SzMxqaO

I am experimenting further to see too make sure that its not some other mod, but I am pretty sure it is these two.

EDIT: Clean install with just the world beyond and spectra confirms this bug is an incompatibility. I do not know what mod needs to be patched though.

That sounds weird... since TWB has absolutely nothing to do with stock planets.

Can you try installing TWB without the visuals and see what happens?

3 hours ago, SlamduncAZ said:

I downloaded EVE but it says I need to add a config to “EVE_TEXTURE_CONFIG{}”, “EVE_TERRAIN{}”, “EVE_CITY_LIGHTS{}”, “EVE_SHADOWS{}”, and “EVE_ATMOSPHERE{}”. How do I do that? (I am not very smart when it comes to KSP mods) Also, how do I update KSP? (I’m not smart about a lot of things). Will updating KSP wipe my progress or something? (I am very stupid) 

Also, does installing this mod correctly add the other star systems to games that have already been started?

Do you think simply updating KSP will fix it?

Also, will updating KSP mess anything up?

39 minutes ago, TheProtagonists said:

That sounds weird... since TWB has absolutely nothing to do with stock planets.

Can you try installing TWB without the visuals and see what happens?

Put all the planet base mods in, no glitch. I'll try adding the visuals one by one to see if i can find a source for you.

6 hours ago, SlamduncAZ said:

Will updating KSP wipe my progress or something?

No.

6 hours ago, SlamduncAZ said:

Yes. But you want to start a new game since adding new planets mid game can brake the save.

2 hours ago, SlamduncAZ said:

Do you think simply updating KSP will fix it?

If you have downloaded EVE (don't worry about the config, it's provided by the mod), deleted all the outdated module managers, and used a kopernicus that matches your KSP version, then yes.

• Causes Glitch
    • Traverse
    • Eon
  • Safe from glitch
    • Dawn
    • Oblivion
    • Wall
    • Ascension

So I was writing a list of what visual parts cause the blueness, but i noticed something odd. It seems that with every one I add it gets more blue? I have no idea why this would happen, but this is after adding four. (Dawn, oblivion, wall, ascension)

https://imgur.com/a/1MwsBZL:

And this is what it looked like with just traverse.

https://imgur.com/a/c9bB96t

Compared to an image of my original install, which had all 6 installed.

https://imgur.com/a/TcojGXO

And this is what it is supposed to look like, with 0 visual packs on.

https://imgur.com/a/wEbtx04

Very interesting behaviour. And I have no idea what causes it. I'm pretty sure its an eve problem, as removing it makes it go away. Do you have any possible ideas?

1 hour ago, TheProtagonists said:

No.

Yes. But you want to start a new game since adding new planets mid game can brake the save.

If you have downloaded EVE (don't worry about the config, it's provided by the mod), deleted all the outdated module managers, and used a kopernicus that matches your KSP version, then yes.

Okay then.

However, I am a big stupid. How do you update KSP? The update button in the launcher is dark grey.

38 minutes ago, SlamduncAZ said:

Okay then.

However, I am a big stupid. How do you update KSP? The update button in the launcher is dark grey.

You will have to update KSP from wherever you downloaded it, not through CKAN. If it was steam, it should auto update once you launch steam.

Edited by cooltot

I updated KSP successfully to version 1.6.1. I deleted all previous versions of module manager. When I go to the tacking station the new star systems are there. However, it seems that when I look in my inventory there are no parts. No ship parts at all. I can’t build anything. They don’t show up in R&D. Also, the launcher won’t open, error code 10810. I have been opening KSP directly. Can you help me resolve this?

I am on Mac by the way.

After further investigation I have found that only stock parts are affected, and modded parts have stayed the same.

Edited by SlamduncAZ

I did the math. The distance between Kerbol and Dawn is around 0.001 light years. OOF.

Yes, minds blown.

It is still a great mod and I think the factors needed to be addressed for interstellar travel for the kerbals are very similar to the factors needed to be addressed for interstellar travel IRL, making it just as hard as real life.

31 minutes ago, SlamduncAZ said:

I did the math. The distance between Kerbol and Dawn is around 0.001 light years. OOF.

Yes, minds blown.

It is still a great mod and I think the factors needed to be addressed for interstellar travel for the kerbals are very similar to the factors needed to be addressed for interstellar travel IRL, making it just as hard as real life.

TWB is not a realism oriented mod so that is not (and most likely won't be) considered. If you want to make things more realistic there are other mods that can do that.

On 1/21/2019 at 10:48 PM, cooltot said:

Very interesting behaviour. And I have no idea what causes it. I'm pretty sure its an eve problem, as removing it makes it go away. Do you have any possible ideas?

That is extremely bizarre... I have no clue that could cause that...

Since it's EVE related I think you can try only removing the EVE component of each system and see if that changes anything.

Can I play this without Scatterer? I'm trying to drop the RAM usage from 10GB whilst Idle at the Space Center.

UPDATE: I tested. There are no flares, and maybe you should look into faking atmospheres with an EVE layer like many others have if Scatterer is not present. I dropped the RAM usage in half when I removed Scatterer.

Edited by SquaredSpekz

21 hours ago, SquaredSpekz said:

Can I play this without Scatterer? I'm trying to drop the RAM usage from 10GB whilst Idle at the Space Center.

UPDATE: I tested. There are no flares, and maybe you should look into faking atmospheres with an EVE layer like many others have if Scatterer is not present. I dropped the RAM usage in half when I removed Scatterer.

At some point that will be added, thank you for the feedback.

Please note that if you downloaded the entire TWB and removed scatterer, you should also remove the scatterer components of TWB. Otherwise it can cause planets to turn black.

I downloaded this mod but the other systems aren't appearing on map and I can't see them on there and there is no way i will be able to track them in reg view. And yes I know I downloaded it correctly because when I load the game it shows the mod being loaded on the bottom.