[1.6.1 | 1.5.1 | 1.4.5 | 1.3.1] The World Beyond - 100 new celestial bodies [v1.1.1 - 2018-10-31]

4 hours ago, klancy1o said:

scatter dont work.https://imgur.com/4P2WiNF

Yeah, the config structure was changed for the recent scatterer, and now new configs should be written for all atmospheric planets. Looks like the mod author is busy now. If you have PC powerful enough to run that pack, you can try to write it yourself. I tried, but my GPU was choking and some glitches occuring. Scatterer provides sample config for laythe, i took that as an example. And probably someone in Scatterer thread can help you with config formatting. 

kiss_495kb.1582483797.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I don't use any other mods, although I only have 8 GB ram, my mods take an insane amount of it(4GB)

although beyond home takes 6 GB and it works fine

how much ram do the other mods take because my PC runs OK with high ram usage Automation Empire pulls 7.9 GB and it works fine

Kopernicus Dosen't take the GPU as some other mods, should that shouldn't be an issue, it mostly RAM, and even then, I'm able to run TWB with an insane amount of planets pack without crazy lag... ( don't ask). I don't know anything about part mods though, so I don't know how much they take up.

• 3 weeks later...
20 hours ago, DylanPruden said:

rip

Well, it is what happens when you try to make a mod of this size. Just look at Kerbal Star Systems.

Don`t be that pessimistic. Looks like only the scatterer and eve(partly) cfgs are broken, and 1.9.1 Kopernicus update will make the mod playable for much larger auditory because performance. And the author is online again.

3 hours ago, Hohmannson said:

Don`t be that pessimistic. Looks like only the scatterer and eve(partly) cfgs are broken, and 1.9.1 Kopernicus update will make the mod playable for much larger auditory because performance. And the author is online again.

I know, but the mod isn't being updated at all. The latest version is for 1.6.1

Soon bugs will run amok and the mod will be unplayable

Edited by DylanPruden

On 5/15/2020 at 11:51 AM, GJNelson said:

I miss this mod. It seems to have died. The development thread has been dead since 2018. Blah.

On 5/15/2020 at 12:04 PM, DylanPruden said:

rip

Well, it is what happens when you try to make a mod of this size. Just look at Kerbal Star Systems.

12 hours ago, Hohmannson said:

I apologize for pretty much abandoning this whole thing after a really short period of support. Unfortunately at this moment I really don't have the time or drive to work on this project... The (badly written) code is on github so anyone is welcome to take a look.

In hindsight scope creep really ruined my will to work on this anymore... originally this mod is meant to only add ~20-30 planets, but my naiveness caused me to go very slightly overboard on how much stuff I want to add... Now this mod is basically a barely functioning, terribly optimized mess with pretty much no detail, and in the game this is practically just a massive memory hogging decoration that you look at in the tracking station.

With that said, now that KSP2 is on its way with a more promising planet modding system, I probably will give it a go again. TWB feels empty to me, in that it doesn't really achieve that vision I originally intended, and I hope that one of these days I will achieve that vision for real.

Thank you all for the support and I apologize again for that there probably won't be any more updates for this project.

Edited by TheProtagonists

20 hours ago, TheProtagonists said:

I apologize for pretty much abandoning this whole thing after a really short period of support. Unfortunately at this moment I really don't have the time or drive to work on this project... The (badly written) code is on github so anyone is welcome to take a look.

In hindsight scope creep really ruined my will to work on this anymore... originally this mod is meant to only add ~20-30 planets, but my naiveness caused me to go very slightly overboard on how much stuff I want to add... Now this mod is basically a barely functioning, terribly optimized mess with pretty much no detail, and in the game this is practically just a massive memory hogging decoration that you look at in the tracking station.

With that said, now that KSP2 is on its way with a more promising planet modding system, I probably will give it a go again. TWB feels empty to me, in that it doesn't really achieve that vision I originally intended, and I hope that one of these days I will achieve that vision for real.

Thank you all for the support and I apologize again for that there probably won't be any more updates for this project.

No discredit to you. What you achieved was awesome. I used the Alcubierre Warp Drive mod to reach some of your planets in the past, but the amount of lag between KSP updating with new features and Kopernicus catching up has increased to the point that I have abandoned Kopernicus and by default any mods that need it as a dependency.

So, like you mentioned, my next best hope of travelling "beyond" the Kerbal star system will be KSP2. Thank you for your efforts in creating "the World Beyond" mod and giving my Kerbals the opportunity to reach for the stars!

Edited by GJNelson

On 5/16/2020 at 5:51 PM, TheProtagonists said:

Nothing to apologize for. Overshoot happens, and what you got done is impressive! Also how modular you made it was a really good call. I still have Dawn and Eon on my 1.8.1 save, and despite being a "badly optimized mess" it still runs fine even with GEP and Extrasolar thrown in there too.

EDIT: oh, and the thing you did to hide the star orbit line helps a LOT with tracking station mess. Very nice.

Edited by Phoenix-D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
33 minutes ago, Not a Spy said:

delta v map?

dV maps cannot be done once you go interstellar. There is no fixed reference point to start with when you arrive because you can arrive anywhere and with any velocity. Also, once a species is able to go interstellar, it should be assumed that the fictional OP engines the species has dreamed of are no longer fictional, and dV comes easy like grass in a yard.

You know you'll be using KSP2's stock sci-fi engines when KSP2 arrives so don't try to make an excuse to chain yourself down with this KSP's stock engines.

(Pardon my brain fart. I forgot or don't know yet what kind of propulsion mods you have installed.)

Edited by JadeOfMaar

1 hour ago, Not a Spy said:

delta v map?

i have a ship with 1 million and im wondering if that will be enough...

and i really love this, please dont abandon it...

Used to get to one of the Dawn inner system planets from low Dres orbit in something like 10000 dv. Maybe 6000. On NERVAs. You will be fine.

1 hour ago, JadeOfMaar said:

dV maps cannot be done once you go interstellar. There is no fixed reference point to start with when you arrive because you can arrive anywhere and with any velocity. Also, once a species is able to go interstellar, it should be assumed that the fictional OP engines the species has dreamed of are no longer fictional, and dV comes easy like grass in a yard.

You know you'll be using KSP2's stock sci-fi engines when KSP2 arrives so don't try to make an excuse to chain yourself down with this KSP's stock engines.

(Pardon my brain fart. I forgot or don't know yet what kind of propulsion mods you have installed.)

dont worry i have fft intalled and i get your point about delta v, its just i dont wanna have to send a rescue mission

33 minutes ago, Hohmannson said:

Used to get to one of the Dawn inner system planets from low Dres orbit in something like 10000 dv. Maybe 6000. On NERVAs. You will be fine.

lol

million dv does seem a bit overkill now

but for interstellar missions antimatter propulsion seems realistic