[1.6.1 | 1.5.1 | 1.4.5 | 1.3.1] The World Beyond - 100 new celestial bodies [v1.1.1 - 2018-10-31]

1 hour ago, Hohmannson said:

from low Dres orbit in something like 10000 dv. Maybe 6000. On NERVAs. You will be fine.

That's going to be grossly inefficient with respect to time though.

5 minutes ago, Not a Spy said:

acctually, i might just go get extrasolar 

Add Galaxies Unbound too if you want to kep a very large universe. It's actively developed and it has all the necessary resource configurations for FFT ships, powered by Rational Resources. Extrasolar is also supported.

13 minutes ago, RandomKerbal said:

Is there a trailer or  introduction video about this mod?

Surely you must have put a lot of effort in this one.

There's no promo video but there are many, many screenshots in the opening post and there should be a Kottabos review but I can't find it.

This mod was created with intent to use in a portfolio for graphic design skills, but by now, it's sadly pretty clear that the owner has moved on.

1 minute ago, JadeOfMaar said:

Add Galaxies Unbound too if you want to kep a very large universe. It's actively developed and it has all the necessary resource configurations for FFT ships, powered by Rational Resources. Extrasolar is also supported.

ok, i just have one question:i want to keep the stock rescource configs, doesnt rational rescources change that?

@Not a Spy Yes, that change is made. It makes Ore very hard to find, and causes resources to not be randomly and evenly spread over every planet, but you can soften the Ore nerf and keep Ore very abundant (wherever it happens) by creating the empty folder RationalResourcesEasy inside GameData.

Edited by JadeOfMaar

I see what you did there. You may have been misinformed indeed. But I remember that someone had started a similar project based on mine though probably without the idea of nerfing Ore. I don't remember its name or I'd link it here.

2 minutes ago, JadeOfMaar said:

I see what you did there. You may have been misinformed indeed. But I remember that someone had started a similar project based on mine though probably without the idea of nerfing Ore. I don't remember its name or I'd link it here.

ok, 1 million delta v wont need to be refueled on those planets anyways, i can send a refueling tanker anyway if i need to refuel them immediate, so just ore on those planets will do

sad face

Just now, Not a Spy said:

so just ore on those planets will do

sad face

???

I've seen quite a few requests to be gentle with Ore so I created the Easy Mode option.  You get to still have plenty Ore, and every planet will have some amount of FFT resources on them. (Note: CRP by itself won't provide this. It only cares about crustal resources mainly used by MKS and does very little for atmo, exo and oceanic). So I don't get why you're saddened.

55 minutes ago, JadeOfMaar said:

???

I've seen quite a few requests to be gentle with Ore so I created the Easy Mode option.  You get to still have plenty Ore, and every planet will have some amount of FFT resources on them. (Note: CRP by itself won't provide this. It only cares about crustal resources mainly used by MKS and does very little for atmo, exo and oceanic). So I don't get why you're saddened.

oop

gonna grab that now then

thankyou

edit:so i just check out the thread, and it ocnfuses me A LOT, ill go ask a question there

Edited by Not a Spy

3 hours ago, Drupegod02 said:

how are you supposed to get to the stars and planets?

There are mods for tanks, engines, fuels and advanced gameplay mechanics: fusion rockets, warp drives, jump drives & jump beacons. And you'll want to have these two quality of life mods: Persistent Thrust and Better Burn Time. They make timewarp much less of a waste of IRL time.

9 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

tanks, engines, fuels and advanced gameplay mechanics: fusion rockets, warp drives, jump drives & jump beacons.

What mods do you recommend for this and how would you use mods like fusion rockets and warp drives?

@Drupegod02 I can't recommend a single method for sci-fi transportation. Every option has great pros and great cons, and you may find it interesting to install 2 and use them together:

• Warp drive (USI Alcubierre or KSP Interstellar) allows you to translate (in this case, move without accelerating) at speeds near and above light speed (on KSP's scale). USI is much easier to use than KSPI, but USI uses the concept of the tangible "warp bubble wall" and forces your ship to be designed to fit the bubble volume. Its great advantage is that you can throttle and steer, and go absolutely anywhere you'd like. You're not restricted to a very specific path or arrival point like with jump dives and wormholes. But once you've moved via warp drive, certain orbital parameters are carried with you, and you arrive with a very messed up trajectory (whether suborbital, orbiting retrograde or horribly inclined, or escaping). You can fix your arrival orbit with a chain of small warp drive maneuvers (very time-wasteful but saves you from bring the mass and volume for reaction engines) or by doing a standard correction burn with a super high Isp chemical engine (you'll never see ships in star Trek do this but this is half of why they have Impulse Drives).
  • Jump drive (FTL Drive Continued or ESLD Jump Beacons) allows you to teleport to wherever you have placed a jump beacon. FTL Drive Continued is the easier of these two mods. It requires only ElectricCharge, line of sight, and the beacon to be far from the body it's orbiting. ESLD requires additional equipment (for crew to survive a jump), has tiers of jump beacons and restricted movement between the tiers, and the beacons require the Karborundum resource, an in-game handwavium fuel. Jump drives are the most time-saving method to get around in a star system, but only later on, once a jump beacon network has been established, and setting it up in the first place will cost a lot of time and effort. Also, using a jump drive on interstellar scale may require a few orders of magnitude more jump fuel than, say, a Moho to Neidon jump. You may need your ship to have half its mass be batteries and to hold a few hundred thousand ElectricCharge (or hundreds of KSPI MegaJoules) for the biggest jump.
  • Fusion rockets. You're not going interstellar with any meaningful payload mass on stock engines. That's a given. but even on these alone, you're still in for a (relatively) very slow and time-consuming ride through space. Far Future Tech, KSP Interstellar and Galaxies Unbound will enable you to design star ships that can nearly do Brachistochrone burns, but on that scale of rocketry, you'll still eventually find yourself meeting the tyranny of the rocket equation, depending on how generous you plan to be with your propellant.
  • Wormholes. These are currently only used by the Event Horizon mod and planted by it into certain other star system mods, not including TWB. but if they were present in TWB they would offer an advantage similar to, and in a way, better than jump drives. They would be there to begin with, so you don't need to spend time and effort to setup a portal network, and you won't need to design your ships any certain way to approach and use them...But their great disadvantage is that they are very few and far between, and it's a guessing game where they lead to.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Its not being updated, but i tried it on 1.10.1 with i think kopernicus continued and i can confirm it works!

EDIT: it works without scatterer and eve, its removing those makes it much lighter on your computer

Edited by Souptime