[1.6.1 | 1.5.1 | 1.4.5 | 1.3.1] The World Beyond - 100 new celestial bodies [v1.1.1 - 2018-10-31]

Love it so far! Biggest question is loading is hit or miss. Core download has no issues but after adding ANY planet pack even without visuals on a clean install, it gets stuck at the loading screen until eventually crashing or I force quit. Happens like 3 out 4 times... :( when it does work the systems are amazing though. Any insight on whats going on?

4 hours ago, Firemahn said:

Love it so far! Biggest question is loading is hit or miss. Core download has no issues but after adding ANY planet pack even without visuals on a clean install, it gets stuck at the loading screen until eventually crashing or I force quit. Happens like 3 out 4 times... :( when it does work the systems are amazing though. Any insight on whats going on?

How many RAM do you have and are you running on 64 bit KSP?

I believe I've narrowed the pitch-black planet bug down to the EVE component of the TWB_Visuals packs. The planets are visible when EVE is uninstalled but scatterer and TWB_Visuals are installed, and also when EVE and scatterer are installed but the TWB_Visuals are not. This makes me think the problem is specifically within the EVE component.

I'm still not sure why only a handful of planets throughout all the different planet-packs are effected, but I've made certain the install was done correctly (including a full reinstall of the base game), used only the mods listed in your install guide, and used the correct versions of each. The planets effected are Gersemi, Yggdrasil, Kaze, Adeon, Matterhorn, Mirai, Lyria, and Everest.

I have a problem with visuals

The sky and ocean turn a milky white color on all the planets added by this mod ( Gersemi, Summit, Basin, etc)

Here is a screenshot of what i am talking about

https://imgur.com/a/reNSRFX

As far as i know it has something to do with the scatterer part of the visuals and scatterer works normally on the stock kerbol system planets

Some planets are unaffected like Vindication and Baldr but planets with atmospheres and gas giants are affected

Thanks for replying in advance

Edited by Bonbo

48 minutes ago, Bonbo said:

I have a problem with visuals 

2 hours ago, ZTB123 said:

So, I downloaded it, KSP now gets pass the loading screen then just has the loading indicator in the bottom-right going on for infinity. Any ideas?

2 hours ago, billybob579 said:

pitch-black planet bug

Can you please follow the instructions here to submit a bug report? I'm afraid I can't help you or figure out what might be wrong without more screenshots

Please also provide a screenshot of your gamedata folder and your TheWorldBeyond folder.

In the mean time, try completely reinstalling scatterer, and if you are using 1.3.1, try using the last scatterer version for 1.3.1.

Edited by TheProtagonists

38 minutes ago, Bonbo said:

What did i install wrong?

Gamedata and TheWorldBeyond folder

https://imgur.com/a/H7Ta1jC

Thanks for replying in advance

I see the problem. You shouldn't have a "DawnSystemVisuals" folder, move the scatterer folder and EVE folder into the TWB_DawnSystem folder

the inside of TWB_DawnSystem should look like this

uvMi5IB.jpg

3 hours ago, TheProtagonists said:

I see the problem. You shouldn't have a "DawnSystemVisuals" folder, move the scatterer folder and EVE folder into the TWB_DawnSystem folder

the inside of TWB_DawnSystem should look like this

uvMi5IB.jpg

Thanks it worked! I’m really looking forward to exploring this mod. With visuals the planets look even prettier than before 

Ok my turn , first I tried to install the whole lot by downloading the TWB Full Zip , installed all the required dependcies , nope.........

Tried again this time with just the Core Pack , CTTP and  Kopernicus 1.4.3-2 and 1 planet pack , nope......

dunno what i'm doing wrong .

Anyhow a couple of screenies

TWB-21527752720.jpg

TWB-11527753058.jpg

Just for the sake of it , I did load a Save Game and was then stuck in the endless loop loading screen , thought i best test everything to be sure .

Not even got to the visuals yet..........eek......

So erm If I do I see you mentioned to someone above about moving the EVE an Scatterer Folder , can you clarify which EVE folder please ?

4 hours ago, Puggonaut said:

dunno what i'm doing wrong .

I don't know how that happened but...

After you extract the zip you downloaded, you should simply put the TheWorldBeyond folder into GameData and don't move anything inside that folder to anywhere else.

Edited by TheProtagonists

3 hours ago, Davian Lin said:

It seems some parody of the KSS and Gameslinx Planets mods... Why?:o

Kind of like how GEA is a parody of Astronomers and Space Engine?

At at least none of his assets are stolen. 

1 hour ago, TheProtagonists said:

I don't know how that happened but...

After you extract the zip you downloaded, you should simply put the TheWorldBeyond folder into GameData and don't move anything inside that folder to anywhere else.

Ok so one fresh install of KSP 1.4.3 .  with just Kopernicus 1.4.3-2  installed . Saved a Virgin Gamesave . then re-installed TWP Full and CTTP an voilia it now works ??? go figure huh :lol:

Ok now to the Visuals installation part , which i'd rather not screw up ,

EnviormentalVisualEnhancements Folder , GameData or somewhere else ?

Scatterer ========================= , GameData or somewhere else ?

You did mention something about a EVE folder to someone else , that's sort of confused me lots lol ?

3 minutes ago, Puggonaut said:

EnviormentalVisualEnhancements Folder , GameData or somewhere else ?

Scatterer ========================= , GameData or somewhere else ? 

install EVE and scatterer as how you would install anything else

when you are installing TWB visuals, don't do anything besides drag the unzip'd TheWorldBeyond folder into GameData

42 minutes ago, TheProtagonists said:

install EVE and scatterer as how you would install anything else

when you are installing TWB visuals, don't do anything besides drag the unzip'd TheWorldBeyond folder into GameData

Thanks for the prompt reply , much appreciated .

Edit added EVE , Scatterer and a host of other Visuals . Jumped into Hyperedit to visit the new planets ( yer i know its norti ,but i wanted to see them ) , holy moly , there amazing .

fave so far is this lot

Wbeyond1527779420.png

Edited by Puggonaut 2

Just to be clear, after all files are CORRECTLY installed(including visuals). 

Does this mod change anything at all in the stock system? 

I'm very pleased with the addition and the visuals of your pack, the stock system appears untouched so I'm debating installing a visual mod like AVP to enhance the stock system. Just making sure that there isn't a conflict.