TheProtagonists

[1.6.1 | 1.5.1 | 1.4.5 | 1.3.1] The World Beyond - 100 new celestial bodies [v1.1.1 - 2018-10-31]

Recommended Posts

On 4/10/2019 at 12:10 AM, Iso-Polaris said:

That would be a life saver.

Have you made the patch yet?

I tried.

And failed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any solution to this? I found this thread after hitting up CKAN and downloading and installing KSP to my new gaming laptop. Hadn't played in a while but am hoping a fresh install of everything will work. Anyway to add the old scatter then?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Holy Kraken I can't believe as such a noob in terms of modding, I've successfully written a ModuleManager config to place KSC on the biggest habitable planet, Paradise.

sI1PFLR.png

Anyone know whether I should contact @TheProtagonists , send him my patch, or simply open a new post distributing my patch?

By the way I also made a simple patch to make TWB work with new scatterer... I think you guys need that too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Miracle Magician said:

Holy Kraken I can't believe as such a noob in terms of modding, I've successfully written a ModuleManager config to place KSC on the biggest habitable planet, Paradise.

sI1PFLR.png

Anyone know whether I should contact @TheProtagonists , send him my patch, or simply open a new post distributing my patch?

By the way I also made a simple patch to make TWB work with new scatterer... I think you guys need that too.

Starting a new PR on github would be greatly appreciated.

Hopefully I will have the time to finally work out a update in the upcoming months.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

this is crazy!!! and almost too good to be true. I will definitely try it out!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I could see this working well with the Interstellar Consortium mod; maybe integration could be planned?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, HobbitJack said:

I could see this working well with the Interstellar Consortium mod; maybe integration could be planned?

YEET!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Today is the 1st anniversary of The World Beyond!

and my PCs are both KIA so I can't make any proper celebration related materials... so have this random image that might or might not be related to the TWB loreTM (will never be in the actual mod) until I can work on updates.

 

dd5a2lw-4592cb7b-ed88-47d9-8c63-f118634b

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TheProtagonists said:

Today is the 1st anniversary of The World Beyond!

and my PCs are both KIA so I can't make any proper celebration related materials... so have this random image that might or might not be related to the TWB loreTM (will never be in the actual mod) until I can work on updates.

 

dd5a2lw-4592cb7b-ed88-47d9-8c63-f118634b

 

 

What does it mean! WHAT DOES IT MEAN!!
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

En:When can The World Beyond, which is compatible with The latest version (v1.7) of Kerbal Space Program, be downloaded? When can we use The World Beyond and Principia together?

Note: Principia is a Mod of real attractive force.

Ch:请问与KSP的最新版本(v1.7)适配的TWB什么时候可以下载?什么时候可以同时使用TWB和Principia(多体引力Mod)?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Peter JY said:

En:When can The World Beyond, which is compatible with The latest version (v1.7) of Kerbal Space Program, be downloaded? When can we use The World Beyond and Principia together?

Note: Principia is a Mod of real attractive force.

Ch:请问与KSP的最新版本(v1.7)适配的TWB什么时候可以下载?什么时候可以同时使用TWB和Principia(多体引力Mod)?

TWB 1.1可以正常的与1.7的kopernicus和EVE使用,但是目前无法与最新的scatterer一起使用。

因为TWB并不是一个为了高现实度而设计的星球mod,所以目前没有与Principia兼容的计划

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

 

Ori - a small, dense, pure white sphere that is extremely reflective.


 

Hallowed are the children of the Ori?

 

I got this on a recommendation to someone on reddit, as well as Interstellar. I had to remove this one for a while though, as it added 10+ minutes to my load time (but otherwise seems to work fine? I have yet to visit any systems yet).

A question though, and I'm unsure of if this would be more applicable for here or the Interstellar thread, but might any have a craft that is able to do a grand tour / SSTA to these planets? Maybe not warp (use a warp tug), but at least a craft that can land and ISRU mostly everywhere here?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, wkwied said:

I got this on a recommendation to someone on reddit, as well as Interstellar. I had to remove this one for a while though, as it added 10+ minutes to my load time (but otherwise seems to work fine? I have yet to visit any systems yet).

A question though, and I'm unsure of if this would be more applicable for here or the Interstellar thread, but might any have a craft that is able to do a grand tour / SSTA to these planets? Maybe not warp (use a warp tug), but at least a craft that can land and ISRU mostly everywhere here?

Hello!

I current no longer play with this mod just because my previous laptop (which is broken) was way better than the one I use now - it should do fine with 8GB ram.

Regarding to the grand tour, I believe it´s pretty plausible - considering you "cheat" your vessel from Kerbin to one of this mod´s systems. I have traveled A LOT thru one of the systems with the very same "probe-carrier", but have never used the same carrier to land something which was intended to return to space.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Aye that would be what I'm looking to do. At least land on most bodies and take off again with the same ship (or probe). I had managed to do something similar with the Interstellar mod to Eve and Tylo at least, but I am horrible at building craft... I'm working on another one that uses a tug to warp, but I'm positive that other people are better at making grand tour ships than I.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So first of all i love your mod and appreciate the work you have done but i am currently having problems with the visuals.

So i installed everything like said in the instructions but ingame eve cant find any confings. Both scatterer and eve are running but i dont see any diffrence to stock ksp.

I am using ksp 1.6.1 on a 32gb ram 64bit win7 pc and i am using twb full.

https://imgur.com/a/49yrhAy

I would be very thankful if you could help me because i would like the nice visuals. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can I use this Mod with Outer Planets ? How can  I do ?Do I need any Mods ?

我能把TWB和Outer Planets一块儿用吗?我怎么用?需要其他Mod吗?

And is there Δv Maps for The World Beyond ?

还有,有没有TWB的Δv图?

Edited by Peter JY

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/8/2019 at 11:31 PM, bobbyderbob said:

So first of all i love your mod and appreciate the work you have done but i am currently having problems with the visuals.

So i installed everything like said in the instructions but ingame eve cant find any confings. Both scatterer and eve are running but i dont see any diffrence to stock ksp. 

I am using ksp 1.6.1 on a 32gb ram 64bit win7 pc and i am using twb full.

https://imgur.com/a/49yrhAy

I would be very thankful if you could help me because i would like the nice visuals. :)

Are you saying there is no visuals on any planets? Or is that planet turns black/white?

If you are talking about the stock planets having no visuals, then it's normal since TWB's visuals only affects TWB objects and nothing is done to the stock system. You can use AVP with it though.

2 hours ago, Peter JY said:

Can I use this Mod with Outer Planets ? How can  I do ?Do I need any Mods ?

我能把TWB和Outer Planets一块儿用吗?我怎么用?需要其他Mod吗?

And is there Δv Maps for The World Beyond ?

还有,有没有TWB的Δv图?

TWB works fine with OPM, assuming Kopernicus is installed.

Since this is a interstellar mod, a meaningful dv map is almost impossible to make. I'll see if I can make some star system diagrams if I have time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/17/2019 at 8:30 AM, Peter JY said:

Can I use this Mod with Outer Planets ? How can  I do ?Do I need any Mods ?

我能把TWB和Outer Planets一块儿用吗?我怎么用?需要其他Mod吗?

And is there Δv Maps for The World Beyond ?

还有,有没有TWB的Δv图?

Take note that if you are playing on the latest KSP version (1.7.2), Kopernicus will not work. It has not been updated for 1.7.2, you must downgrade to 1.7.1 to use it.

请注意,如果您正在使用最新的KSP版本(1.7.2),那么Kopernicus将无法使用。 它尚未针对1.7.2进行更新,您必须降级到1.7.1才能使用它。

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/18/2019 at 3:08 PM, wkwied said:

Take note that if you are playing on the latest KSP version (1.7.2), Kopernicus will not work. It has not been updated for 1.7.2, you must downgrade to 1.7.1 to use it.

请注意,如果您正在使用最新的KSP版本(1.7.2),那么Kopernicus将无法使用。 它尚未针对1.7.2进行更新,您必须降级到1.7.1才能使用它。

You don't need to post in chinese. :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok. just an another KSP noob here, asking questions...

So, I have a mid 2011 imac with 16gb RAM, 3.4 ghz i7, AMD Radeon 1024MB . and High Siera, And i've been wondering, would this mod work on my mac well? I mean, fortnite doesn't support this imac......... Yeah, I just don't wanna crash my imac because i had a few kernle errors or whatever a lot of times (like..... 10 times a day?), and everytime that happens, my imac restarts. Bad thing when you're playing KSP.

Anyway, your mod looks amazing! Pretty sure that this should be a part of KSP. Also, this convinced few of my friends to buy this.

Happy KSP's 8th birthday!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/20/2019 at 6:35 PM, ILoveStars said:

You don't need to post in chinese. :P

No. If I need to read English, I have to translate.

Chinese is my mother tongue.

Edited by Peter JY

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Peter JY said:

No. If I need to read English, I have to translate.

Chinese is my mother tongue.

ok.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Soooooo, possibly a stupid question, how do I actually find the new systems on the map screen? is that even possible? cause I have no idea where they are, and how to reach them.

On 6/20/2019 at 5:20 AM, Yeet_TheDinosaur said:

Ok. just an another KSP noob here, asking questions...

So, I have a mid 2011 imac with 16gb RAM, 3.4 ghz i7, AMD Radeon 1024MB . and High Siera, And i've been wondering, would this mod work on my mac well? I mean, fortnite doesn't support this imac......... Yeah, I just don't wanna crash my imac because i had a few kernle errors or whatever a lot of times (like..... 10 times a day?), and everytime that happens, my imac restarts. Bad thing when you're playing KSP.

Anyway, your mod looks amazing! Pretty sure that this should be a part of KSP. Also, this convinced few of my friends to buy this.

Happy KSP's 8th birthday!!!

it seems very RAM heavy, my 16gb desktop was not able to load the full mod. I'm going to try forcing dx12, but I am not sure if it is loading correctly because I have not been able to find the planets on the map screen. It should run fine if you only download like half the additional systems.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/24/2019 at 12:38 PM, Quixsil said:

Soooooo, possibly a stupid question, how do I actually find the new systems on the map screen? is that even possible? cause I have no idea where they are, and how to reach them.

Hello, sir!
If you don´t mind, I´d suggest you take a look at the the 7th page of this very thread on which we are in... we´ve had a few opinions/suggestions regarding that subject over there. :cool:

Quote

it seems very RAM heavy, my 16gb desktop was not able to load the full mod. I'm going to try forcing dx12, but I am not sure if it is loading correctly because I have not been able to find the planets on the map screen. It should run fine if you only download like half the additional systems.

It might not be that heavy... I used to run it with any kind of problems in my previous laptop, which has 8GB DDR and a 2GB NVidia GPU. It used to take up to 10 minutes to load the game, though...

BUT... i was running only ONE system at a time... :D

Edited by Cataclism

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m trying to find a good place for setting up a Colony on Q’uq’umatz (which I will probably never figure out how to pronounce), and I was wondering. Is there any metal ore for use with Extraplanetary Launchpads on Q’uq’umatz? To make a Colony I need a place with substrate, water, ore, and metal ore (I’m not sure if metal ore and metallic ore are the same thing). Is there any places that match those requirements? If Q’uq’umatz doesn’t have those things, does Harmony?

Also, amazing mod by the way. I personally think the planets are beautiful. 

 

Edit: I found a place with all of the requirements. The biome name is something involving grasslands, I can’t remember it off the top of my head.

Edited by SlamduncAZ
Resolved.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.