KSP Challenge: Stylish Decay!

I tested out the reentry of Kerbals with just their EVA suit. Several descent profiles, in the best one I could only shed 500 m/s with drag + jetpack, that was not enough to keep a Kerbal from burning up. Looking at the post above, there's something fishy about it. Kerbals don't have enough thermal capacity to get through reentry with normal heat setting.

Hi Enceos.  Un-reproducible results should be challenged - so I take no offence at you calling out.
I'll say that I was a little surprised myself.  The trickiest bit for me was getting that little rocket into a stable, lowest possible orbit without running out of fuel.  Well, apart from failing utterly to land within kms of KSC as I can't judge an atmospheric reentry window for toffee flavoured snacks.
For the avoidance of doubt - Normal settings on Sandbox, 1.4.3 with MH on Windows.  I didn't try 120% heat.
This morning I did a clean vanilla install with no mods whatsoever (just 1.4.3. and MH) - in case of unexpected mod side effects. 
As before - Normal settings, Sandbox.  At first I thought it wasn't going to work - I didn't get my circularisation spot on, so the orbit was a bit higher than before - Jeb's EVA fuel ran out before the reentry effects started - but sure enough, though he glowed red, the temperature bar didn't max and he didn't explode.
Will post the screenshots shortly - hope I get the imgur link right this time (last time, I kept getting an error so couldn't edit the original post - apologies again for the bad etiquette of a double).
https://imgur.com/a/gnj8F1t
Edited by Vexillar
Imgur link added

17 minutes ago, cratercracker said:

@Darth Badie! Here is a (unoficial) badge for this challenge!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

optrh4.jpg

------------------------------

optrh4.jpg

-------------------------

Your welcome!

Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you so much! :D

Val got a bit fed up of Jeb going on about how he'd space-jumped from 70+km and thought she could do better.  So she had a word with Bill about building a contraption out of one of his stock of unused flea boosters, re-arranged the universe to provide 120% heating and took it up to 80+km just to shut him up.  The results are, I think, definitely more stylish that Jeb's, even if Val read the de-orbit co-ordinates from his post-it by mistake and also had to swim home.

https://imgur.com/a/oSuTKX3

( @Enceos - regarding Jeb's attempt, compare @Chemp 's screen shots with mine - the speed/altitude profile is pretty similar.  One key element seems to be keeping the kerbal in retrograde-to-surface both in the EVA pack burn and the the entry into freefall - kerbals have a lot less drag going feet or head first, I've found.)

18 hours ago, 3SYUUME said:

I do not know if this is a good method, but I think that I succeeded in the mission.:rolleyes:
Below is a link to Google photos.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/zpLrjpQNhAHCFYKu5

Finally, I am sorry for my poor English. I will not be able to answer satisfactory.

Your English seems fine to me. :)

Congratulations. 

• 3 weeks later...

I DID IT CHECK OUT THIS VIDEO (DROPBOX):https://www.dropbox.com/s/z891090hvb08ebz/challenge stylish decay.mp4?dl=0

I did it with the 2nd try don't be confused if you see my desktop

also sorry if I have low fps when I was paying on my pc the game was running perfectly this is something with the recorder

I made up a rocket by myself and put it into orbit then I put jebiah kerman out and warp to periapsis 

then I try to re-entry 1 try .R.I.P

2.try (reloaded quick save) success!

thanks for watching