Heritage Challenges(New thread) [2 available for reboot]

On 6/16/2018 at 4:41 AM, Death Engineering said:

Watch this space...

Coming soon !

Retooled 'Duna Permanent Outpost Mission Architecture Challenge'!

(Pinging @septemberWaves in case they are still drafting theirs..)

This might bring me back to KSP.  Bring me back Death Engineering!!

Might get a head start on it :D

SM

• 1 month later...
On 8/28/2018 at 7:01 AM, IncongruousGoat said:

@kerbalstar You may want to update the OP with the re-reboot for the Ultimate Challenge. Not that many people are going to be attempting it anyways, but I wouldn't want to cause undue confusion with a link to a now-dead thread.

Sounds good, I will.

• 3 months later...

New Challenge added!

From the OP:

The Duna Outpost Mission Architecture Challenge. Currently in its second iteration, by @Death Engineering, this challenge challenges you to land 4 Kerbals on Duna before Year 5 Day 1, and to set up a permanent Dunatian surface presence by Year 10 Day 1, using only one lifter and a number of launches calculated by how much that lifter can lift. This requires MORE Planning as opposed to MOAR Boosters! My ( @Kerbalstar) own entry is underway!

• 1 month later...

Depending on how much time I have, I may consider rebooting the Apollo Style challenge since I see that it is available. I enjoy the "doing it _____ style" challenges; it would be a shame to see the Apollo Style challenge be abandoned. That said, it depends on what I am doing and how much time I have.

13 hours ago, septemberWaves said:

I may consider rebooting the Apollo Style challenge

Great idea! I've toyed with this idea too, incorporating some modern KSP features like science/biome goals and launching from alternate launch sites. Maybe even a goal to recover the crew with some kind of boat or seaplane. Looking forward to it!

edit: and AAP stuff! :cool:

Edited by Death Engineering

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, GRS said:

@Kerbalstar, what are the criterias of a challenge that deserve to be featured here ???

From the original post:

On ‎5‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 12:52 PM, Kerbalstar said:

A Challenge is considered to be heritage when it is:

In it's second (or more) iteration and still going strong
Identified as a thread of the month.
Accepted by the community in its first iteration as an amazing challenge by pure quality and volume of entries.
By peer review of 4 or more Heritage challenge owners

New challenge: Kerpollo!

From the OP:

Kerpollo! Currently in its first iteration, by @5thHorseman, this challenge challenges you to start a science career and land on every body in only 9 launches! That's right, only 9 times may a vehicle leave the Runway or Launchpad! If you want more challenge than a Jool-5 but less than an Ultimate Challenge, this is for you! You'll be doing a Jool-5. an Eve-2, a Duna-2, and a Dres-1! Check it out!

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/29/2018 at 9:52 AM, Kerbalstar said:

Last post: December 12th 2017
Last OP site visit: current

I think there must have been a Stock Payload Fraction Challenge for as long as payloads existed.  Clear task:  Build and fly the most mass-efficient lifter possible to low Kerbin orbit.  How efficient are you though?!  Get the rulers out!

There was a more recent 1.3.x reboot of that challenge here:

@ATEC announced in a previous Heritage thread that the challenge is open for reboot.

New Challenge!

The "Eve Rocks" Challenge! From the OP:

The Eve Rocks Challenge.  Everyone knows it as one of the hardest things you can possibly accomplish in KSP.   The surface of Eve is littered with the debris of launchers that were almost good enough.  Time to return to the ol' stomping ground with your mahoosive landers? Now maintained by @Johnster_Space_Program

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
On 5/19/2019 at 10:38 PM, Mathrilord said:

Kerbal Express Airlines might be dead.

As someone who participated a bit, I'd say it collapsed under its own weight. There were far too many entries (even stretching back into earlier versions of the challenge!), not enough people judging them, and a fair bit of disagreement over how to resolve it all.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.