KSP - KER "wrong version" message (false).

I just finished upgrading to KSP 1.4.3 (clean install to it's own HD). Downloaded all the mods I like, making sure they are compatible with 1.4.3. The only issue I have is that on game start, KER reports I need to use KSP 1.3. I have the correct version of KER for KSP 1.4.3, according to Github:

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/jrbudda/KerbalEngineer/master/Output/KerbalEngineer/KerbalEngineer.version

The screen I get is:

KERversion.jpg

There is no "KSP_win64\KSP_x64_Data\output_log.txt" file on my system, BTW.

LOL...like minds think alike! I did both of those things. The link that I posted was the result of trying to copy/paste the actual text from the KerbalEngineer.version file in my KSP install. Not sure why it put a link instead of just pasting the copied text (??), but they are identical.

Found it! As 5thHorseman pointed out it pretty much had to be a duplicate KerbalEngineer.version hiding somewhere. Not sure why it didn't get found on my 1st search of my install folder. I somehow fat-fingered the Curseforge version install (which is not 1.4 compatible last I looked) and stuck it in another mod folder by mistake. Removed the offending version completely and...

...All is well.

Thanks buddy!

Edited by strider3

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.