Decoupling dock

Hi, i have attached two pods with docking port, but when im doing "decoupling node" the two docking port stay attached and the pods is released. How i am suppose to do ?

pics related : https://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2018/22/3/1527705984-ksp.png

Could you explain the craft a little bit?  I'm trying to wrap my head around the design.

Also, what mod are the "Attach-O-Tron" ports?  Looks like someone scaled down the Clamp-O-Tron Sr.  It also seems to be pointing at a reaction wheel, not the port.

Just now, klesh said:

Image not found.

Try uploading it to imgur.com.  

Works for me. Although it is odd that it won't embed.  Here it is on Imgur:

EzL9ib6g.png

@geologue, are those docking port/reaction wheels one piece?  If so, then they're definitely backwards and would explain why the PAW is point to the reaction wheel.

4 minutes ago, Geonovast said:

Works for me. Although it is odd that it won't embed. 

Thanks.  Strange, it wouldn't work on mobile when I first looked, even copying and pasting the address to a new tab gave me a 404.   Switched to desktop and I can see it fine.  Awesome forum software update strikes again.

With regards to those ports, its hard to know because they appear to be mod parts, but they resemble downscaled Dock Ports Sr's. 

Even if they are backwards, clicking "undock" on one of them should separate the ship (almost as if it were an underpowered decoupler).  My first guess though is that one of the ports is not facing the right way; docking ports need to face each other.

Looks like we're already on to something here. As has been mentioned, the docking ports appear to be the wrong way around. You also need two docking ports pointing towards each other if you want them to work :)

Moved to Gameplay Questions for you

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.