Very low CPU1 utilization = poor fps

Hi guys,

First off thanks for any help you can provide. I am running KSP on both my laptop with a geforce 950m and i7 processor as well as my desktop with an r9 390 and an i5. With both of these computers, I have the same issue. I have low fps, even when I have low part count craft. Using riva tuner I can see that my cpu1 utilization is barely above 30%. I know that KSP is very CPU intensive so seeing a low GPU utilization is acceptable but why the low CPU? Anything I can do to help with this? Both of my computers are more than capable of running this game but I can't seem to get over this hurdle.

Thanks. 

I'm on horrible specs (CPU: i3-3120M, 6GB RAM, integrated graphics Intel HD 4000), and I have a similar problem, though it only occurs when I look at the surface of Duna. I have very bad FPS when I look at Duna, and CPU usage is low.

Try turning down settings to the lowest, and try removing your mods first. Tell us your results.

1. Check your Power Options to make sure it's at 100%.

2. Make sure it's using all CPUs. Right click on the Taskbar -> Task Manager -> Right click on KSP_x64.exe -> Go to Details -> Right click on KSP_x64.exe (again) -> Set affinity. I don't see why it wouldn't be but everything should be check.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.