No Hitchhiker IVA

On both the Hitchhiker 4-seat passenger module & mod SXT PPD-4 & PPD-8 2 & 4 seat passenger modules, I have no IVA & no crew portrait.  I originally suspected it was a problem with the SXT mod - I like their passenger modules better & use them rather than the stock hitchhiker.  But when I discovered the stock part was doing the same thing, I thought maybe the mod was interfering with the stock part.  So I removed SXT & tried again - no change, the Hitchhiker still has no IVA.  So I started the process of narrowing down the problem - except even removing ALL mods still leaves the Hitchiker with no IVA.   EDIT: My 1.3.1 copy still has the IVA's

It also revealed another problem I'm getting is a stock issue & not a mod issue.  Since I got 1.4, I've been getting a pop-up on loading (see below - I did a alt-F12 database reload to get the pop up & screenshot it, but it does it during loading also.   Since all my mods have been removed from gamedata folder - just Squad & Squadexpansion remain - this is also coming from the stock game somewhere.

agdJncy.png?1

Edited by Cavscout74
Additional info

On 6/2/2018 at 6:26 AM, Capt. Hunt said:

try reinstalling the game completely.

So I tried this & the IVA problem was fixed, but I still got that incompatibility warning during loading.  That doesn't ever seem to hurt anything, so I'm not too worried about it.  However, when I reinstalled all my mods, the IVA problem came back.  So this is apparently a mod problem after all.  Perhaps one of them is corrupting the Hitchhiker IVA or something.   Back to square one.

41 minutes ago, Xd the great said:

Compatability of mods? Dependencies? Did you forgot to extract them from the gamedata file (you have 2 gamedata files, 1 inside the other)?

They should all be compatible with 1.4.3 except possibly for some small parts mods.  There shouldn't be any forgotten dependencies - the problem is with a stock IVA not showing, even the affected mod parts call the stock IVA.  Probably going to reinstall again & add one by one.  Ugh.  Sad part is I have mostly the same mods in 1.3.1 with no IVA problem, so it's something with the 1.4+ update.

Also, as this is apparently a modded game issue rather than stock, it probably needs to get moved over.

Edited by Cavscout74

• 3 weeks later...

I figured out some new info on this issue.  It popped up in my 1.3.1 version now also.  And it appears to be something going on between @Angel-125 Deep Space Exploration Vessels & @linuxgurugamer  SXT Continued.   I already suspected some kind of issue between these two, since both have parts that use the stock Hitchhiker IVA, but each individually works fine.   And most recently, loading DSEV, testing, then loading SXT & testing works fine as well, so I'm really confused at this point.  I went so far as copying the entire gamedata from a working 1.3.1 test copy to a broken 1.3.1 test copy to see, and it seems to have fixed the issue in the broken test copy.  But the only difference was the broken copy had SXT installed before DSEV, the unbroken copy got DSEV installed first - which shouldn't make any difference that I'm aware of.   It also doesn't explain the fact that it doesn't get fixed when mods are removed. 

On 6/1/2018 at 5:49 PM, Cavscout74 said:

On both the Hitchhiker 4-seat passenger module & mod SXT PPD-4 & PPD-8 2 & 4 seat passenger modules, I have no IVA & no crew portrait.  I originally suspected it was a problem with the SXT mod - I like their passenger modules better & use them rather than the stock hitchhiker.  But when I discovered the stock part was doing the same thing, I thought maybe the mod was interfering with the stock part.  So I removed SXT & tried again - no change, the Hitchhiker still has no IVA.  So I started the process of narrowing down the problem - except even removing ALL mods still leaves the Hitchiker with no IVA.   EDIT: My 1.3.1 copy still has the IVA's

It also revealed another problem I'm getting is a stock issue & not a mod issue.  Since I got 1.4, I've been getting a pop-up on loading (see below - I did a alt-F12 database reload to get the pop up & screenshot it, but it does it during loading also.   Since all my mods have been removed from gamedata folder - just Squad & Squadexpansion remain - this is also coming from the stock game somewhere.

agdJncy.png?1

Looks like you left behind a dll somewhere, probably the Tweakscale dll.  While you maynhave removed all mods, check the root of the Gamedata directory for any leftover dlls

21 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

How do you install these mods? 

Extract from the zip into gamedata. And when I update, I delete the old version rather than just overwrite.   It really doesn't make sense to me, because neither of the mods share any files that one might overwrite the other.   I think next weekend I'm going to sit down, completely remove the main install & reinstall fresh and see where I'm at.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.