Threads of the Month: June!

Dman979

Welcome to June, everybody! If you can't stand the heat, get away from the launchpad!

First off, we have @GusTurbo's collection of partially-finished spacecraft. They're not just his, though- everyone is welcome to share their works-in-progress!

You've heard of Vertical TakeOff and Landing, and you've heard of Short TakeOff and Landing, but have you ever tried Absolutely Insane TakeOff and Landing? @Klapaucius challenges you to land in a tiny lake- and take off if you dare!

While we might never get another solar system, @TheProtagonists' mod is the next best thing. It adds 100 planets far away from Kerbin, so you can reach Alpha Centauri and beat Gandhi to the stars!

I've always had a soft spot for F-104 Starfighter replicas, but @EvenFlow's just blew me away. It's miles beyond anything I've seen before, and earns a well-deserved spot as the final TOTM for June.

GgpxL1y.png?1

As always, credit to @adsii1970 for making the TOTM images.

That's all for now, fellow forumers! If you see something you think should be TOTM, be sure to PM a moderator about it! We are always looking for community suggestions!

Edited by Dman979
More spelling errors.

4 hours ago, scimas said:

Who or what is "Ghandi"?

4 hours ago, Just Jim said:

A beloved world leader who preached non-violence... :)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mahatma_Gandhi

He's also notorious in the Sid Meyer's Civilization games for being nuke-happy. And one of the modes in Civilization is to beat other players in the space race. :)

4 hours ago, scimas said:

Who or what is "Ghandi"?

Mahatma Gandhi is a leader who freed Indian Colonies from British oppression through non violence and civil disobedience. He is called the Father of the Nation. His only sin was to do nothing when his subordinates ran wild to gain whatever political mileage they could in the final moments of the British Rule, ultimately resulting in the Partition of the country..

Although the entity being discussed is prolly the video game character who broke in the initial iteration because of a programming bug called Stack Overflow.

19 minutes ago, Dman979 said:

He's also notorious in the Sid Meyer's Civilization games for being nuke-happy. And one of the modes in Civilization is to beat other players in the space race. :)

Ahhh, I did not know that. I have and absolutely love Sid's Alpha Centauri, but I never really moved onto the Civilization games...

The Gandhi in those is nuke-happy? Gotta love the irony! :confused:

Edited by Just Jim

10 minutes ago, scimas said:

@Just Jim @Dman979 @Nivee~ Oh, I see. Of course I know who Gandhi is, after all I am an Indian! The wrong spelling got me. "Gandhi" is pronounced totally different from what the "Ghandi" spelling suggests.

That may be my fault... I didn't realize until just a couple minutes ago @Dman979 was talking about a game, and not the actual person. Nor did I catch the slight difference in spelling... blame that on it being a Saturday morning... and I needed another cup of coffee... :rolleyes:

Edited by Just Jim

• 4 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.