Login Issue

LordFerret

For the past 2 or 3 days now, I've been getting the following when trying to log in...

1iLw0rS.png

It takes two or more reloads of the page and attempts to log in before it accepts.

I've also notice other odd behavior, such as tagging someone's name in a post (using the '@name' convention), where after the name gets selected from the popup list I can't type anything else on the keyboard - no more input is accepted.

Wonky forums.

Lately I've often received "Error 2S119/1" when logging in to this forum (and so I can't log in). Is it due to the IP or what ? I've also once received an IP block, seemingly at random, which was only undone when I disconnected my mobile network then reconnected (so I presume it used a different IP). The error message that I got now often only got away after I have done the same procedure. I hope this could be looked into. Thank you !

Edited by YNM

I did a search on the Invision forums software error code given, and although the article was old (2015) it attributed the problem to a local (client-side) browser cache issue. So... I cleared the cache, and it appears to have solved the problem.

I use Firefox;
History \ Clear Recent History... \ Time range to clear: = 'Everything' \ Expand Details and select "Cache" only ..... hit "Clear Now". Done.

@klesh @YNM @roarke @Dman979 @Vanamonde

Edited by LordFerret

37 minutes ago, LordFerret said:

I use Firefox;
History \ Clear Recent History... \ Time range to clear: = 'Everything' \ Expand Details and select "Cache" only ..... hit "Clear Now". Done

I too use FF, and just gave that a try.  Restarted FF, tried to login,  Error code: 2S119/1 again. 

Thanks for the suggestion, though!

6 hours ago, a_space_oddity said:

For some reason I was unable to log in on mobile, But after three tries it worked. It was giving this error code: 2s119/1. 

See the discussion in the thread your post now occupies. :)

9 hours ago, klesh said:

I too use FF, and just gave that a try.  Restarted FF, tried to login,  Error code: 2S119/1 again. 

Thanks for the suggestion, though!

Yes, apparently it wasn't a fix for me either. Sorry about that. It worked when I came in and made the post, but coming back in now - same deal - no go. :/ Now we wait and hope that ManeTI gets a response.

2 hours ago, ManeTI said:

It looks like it was a caching setting making the trouble, could you guys try again? It should be fine now.

I've been away all day, but coming in just now it seems to be working fine. Thank you!

• 1 month later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.