[1.4.x] Orbital Decay - Resumed v1.6.1.1, 04 Jun 2018

Papa_Joe

On 2/23/2019 at 4:57 PM, MacLuky said:

Im running RSS, and finally got my first satellite in orbit. The list remains empty, but I see the Ap and Pe dropping when I am running the craft. Is your list empty too? 

The list is empty by default, when you first open the Orbital Decay menu. You can enable/disable the listing of different types of crafts with their respective buttons.

Clicking the button causes the the window to empty, even the settings and vessels buttons disappear. Logs show:

[EXC 21:50:12.675] FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'SolarCycleSimulator, Version=1.1.0.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies.
	WhitecatIndustries.Source.DecayManager.DecayRateTotal (.Vessel vessel)
	WhitecatIndustries.Source.DecayManager.ActiveDecayStock (.Vessel vessel)
	WhitecatIndustries.Source.DecayManager.FixedUpdate ()
[LOG 21:50:13.400] PrintTimeStamp
[LOG 21:50:13.429] [ModularFlightIntegrator] MFI Start
[LOG 21:50:13.429] [ModularFlightIntegrator] Start. VesselModule on vessel : 
  ModularFlightIntegrator
  ModuleLifeSupportSystem
  CommNetVessel
  ModuleStabilization

[EXC 21:50:13.724] FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'SolarCycleSimulator, Version=1.1.0.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies.
	WhitecatIndustries.Source.DecayManager.DecayRateTotal (.Vessel vessel)
	WhitecatIndustries.Source.DecayManager.ActiveDecayStock (.Vessel vessel)
	WhitecatIndustries.Source.DecayManager.FixedUpdate ()

Ill double check if i installed solarcycle thingy.

Update: Yes that was it. Works as a charm. Stuff at 200km drops in 16 days, 1000k in a 700 years ;-)

Edited by MacLuky

• 1 month later...
On 3/25/2019 at 12:30 AM, Daedalus451 said:

Is this compatible with 1.6.1, and has the issue with changing LAN to zero fixed in this version?

I compiled it against the 1.6.1 version of the game, you can find it in one of the previous post. What do you mean by LAN changing? Is it sudden, or over time? 

On 3/29/2019 at 11:19 PM, The-Doctor said:

How do you make the list items appear? 

It's a bit clanky solution, but by default it's empty and you have to click on the vessel types, if you want to add/remove them from the listing. It would probably be a bit more user-friendly, if it would list all objects, and you could filter them like you can in the tracking station.

1 hour ago, kalmor said:

It's a bit clanky solution, but by default it's empty and you have to click on the vessel types, if you want to add/remove them from the listing. It would probably be a bit more user-friendly, if it would list all objects, and you could filter them like you can in the tracking station.

please do because I have no idea how to make the ships appear, and when I click the stuff, the toolbar, it freezes up and nothing is shown and can't be turned back

• 1 month later...

First off, I have used this mod in the past. I really like this concept. It makes you think a bit more about making Satellites that will last. I am thinking about adding g this to my current save.

I have a few quick questions. Is this mod still under development? Does anyone know if it is working in 1.7? Have any of the old bugs been fixed?

Thank you for a great little mod.

@kalmor small change to default

GameData\WhitecatIndustries\OrbitalDecay\plugins\PluginData\Settings.cfg

SIMULATION
{
	RealisticDecay = False
	24HourClock = False
	DecayDifficulty = 10
	PlanetariumTracking = True
	PlanetariumDebrisTracking = True
	NBodySimulation = True
	NBodySimulationConics = True
	NBodySimulationConicsPatches = 100.0
	NBodySimulationBodyUpdating = True
}
RESOURCES:NEEDS[!modularFuelTanks&!RealFuels]
{
	StatKeepResource = MonoPropellant
	ResourceRateDifficulty = 1.0
}

RESOURCES:NEEDS[modularFuelTanks|RealFuels]
{
	StatKeepResource = Hydrazine
	ResourceRateDifficulty = 1.0
}

@kalmor

After starting a new career, in SpaceCenter, after I clicked the stock bar icon "Orbital Decay" (which btw got no tooltip when mouse over), the window opened and after clicking anything the contents disappeared and this was written to the log a lot of times, but stopped then:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at WhitecatIndustries.Source.Settings.ReadResourceRateDifficulty () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at WhitecatIndustries.Source.UserInterface.SettingsTab () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at WhitecatIndustries.Source.UserInterface.MainWindow (Int32 windowID) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at UnityEngine.GUILayout+LayoutedWindow.DoWindow (Int32 windowID) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at UnityEngine.GUI.CallWindowDelegate (UnityEngine.WindowFunction func, Int32 id, Int32 instanceID, UnityEngine.GUISkin _skin, Int32 forceRect, Single width, Single height, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

(Filename:  Line: -1)

This is on KSP 1.6.1 RO RP-1
Both mods are installed ofc (OrbitalDecay and SolarCycleSimulator).

Full log and stuff:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/o29n93z7vsuqawo/output_log.txt and stuff 2019-06-01-03.zip?dl=1

Edit;:

Ahh, damn, grr. Perhaps it's my fault because I also added StationKeeping - forgot that OrbitalDecay got its own station keeping.
So I have to reboot KSP and see what happens.

Edited by Gordon Dry

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hmm... both of my Solar Cycle and Orbit Decay icons are white (in KSC view and at the Tracking Station), so something seems wrong.

KSP 1.6.1 / RP-1...

Here are the logs:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/fkrbiavx1c3g8u0/AABvgUGRlOCNWEzt5vZUNJ_4a?dl=0

Thanks!

Edited by Calvin_Maclure

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
14 hours ago, Drew Kerman said:

Unburying this in case anyone comes along to notice it and want to give it a new home. @Sir Mortimer has there been any off-forum discussion on doing something similar in Kerbalism at some point?

Do you mean implementing orbital decay and/or station keeping in Kerbalism?

Discussion yes, but it won't be done. Certainly not within Kerbalism, I would strongly suggest to keep the functionality in a different mod.

• 2 months later...

well I heard @Papa_Joe came back recently but not sure if he's still interested in maintaining this. Giving it another bump to see if anyone else is interested, especially in considering the modeling research by @Arrowstar that he integrated into KSPTOT

Take a look at this paper (http://farside.ph.utexas.edu/teaching/celestial/Celestialhtml/node94.html) for how I'm doing the drag effects, particularly equations 10.148, 10.150, and 10.151 (I still need to figure out how 10.149 works and if I need it).  These looks like they're a better model than what WhiteCat was doing originally.  If you have the time, I'd suggest giving this implementation a go in the mod.  I'll have my MATLAB code updated on Github in a few days with my implementation and you could use that as a template/pseudo-code.  It's very straight forward.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.