Can I have a flat runway please or appear outside it when I invariably have to revert?

Running with Realism Overhaul and RP-0.

Had this issue with the Beechcraft but I could run it and take off from the grass.

Now I have got supersonic flight researched and trying to take off with a Bell X-1 a like plane.  I get so far down the runway and suddenly i get kicked up into the air - you can usually see where this is going to happen by a massive gap in the textures - you can see the grass below through the runway.  So you get kicked up and the plane rolls and crashes.  So you revert to flight and now you are buried up to the belly of the plane which means you get kicked up again back flipping and landing on the engine - exploding.  So revert.  Considering setting up for each flight takes about 20 seconds.  Having to revert flight after 0 seconds of flight is galling. 

My plane needs >100m/s to take off - I have done it twice in a 3 hour period but there is a instability in my craft which prevents it going supersonic - even with SAS turned on.  Spending over an hour just to take off to find out there is an issue with the plane is not fun.

If it wasn't for the fact that a) I am playing a modded game and b) some of the game is fun I would be asking for a refund as the above glitches shouldn't be happening.

Version: 1.2.2 (as RP-0 doesn't work with anything greater)

Machine: Windows 10, 4-core Xeon E5630, 24gb ram, GTX 970, VG248x3

2 hours ago, graham.reeds said:

So what causes the tearing, the appearing in the ground and the general bugginess of the runway? 

I think it was in the 1.2's that the bumpy runway issues and texture gaps got out of hand, I might have my version wrong though. 

You have upgraded the runway to it's highest level correct? (haven't played with those mods in particular, so maybe that's not a thing).  The level 0 runway is not worth being used as a runway, it's way too bumpy.

The best runways in the game are the flat grass fields beside the runway.  Taxi off the runway and try from there. 

20 hours ago, graham.reeds said:

if it wasn't for the fact that a) I am playing a modded game and b) some of the game is fun I would be asking for a refund as the above glitches shouldn't be happening.

You are also playing a version that is outdated, and that old version may be the reason for your issues, but I understand why you chose to stay with it.

Try a stock install of that same version, and of the current version (1.4.3), build a similar plane, and see if the same issues persist.    Also check the mod threads to see if anybody else has encountered these issues and if they have a solution. 

In the current version of Realism Overhaul and RP-0 the default runway is a proper tarmac/asphalt affair.

You can taxi off the runway for the light prop craft but when you need a lot of speed (short stubby wings ala X-1/X-15) you need the runway.  The most you can do on grass seems to be ~80m/s (290km/h!).

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.