20 minutes ago, Xd the great said:

I want to delete the log as it occupies quite a large amount of space. Will this affect gameplay and mods? thanks.

Hi deleting the logs will have no affect on your game, In the case of the KSP.log however it is rewritten every time you run the game, so deleting it will be temporary, it'll just  come back.

Under normal circumstances the size of the log is an irrelevance,  however if your log is exceptionally large , I'd ask why ?

In my full non development game I have 68 mods plus the Squad folder, and the largest log that  install normally produces is less than 3MB. This is because the mods i run  do not write much to  the log, they don't need to  as there's nothing wrong. 

If however you have a messy install, run numerous incompatible mods, out of date or just rubbish mods, you can find that the game performance is slowed , as all these errors are written to the log, this can in a lot of cases result in  the game slowing down, freezing , stuttering and numerous other issues .

SO the question should be ,  How can i make my log smaller?  The answer to that is fairly simple,  or not,  find the errors in the log, identify the troubled mods , and fix /update/ or remove the offending item.  Or quite simply use less mods per install,  If you like doing things in space, have an install for your space mods, If you are a BDA fan for example  have an install with all the weapon mods. 

If it's not error related and the game runs fine, why worry , huge logs however , unless you're running a full realism overhaul setup  with 10000 patches, tends to indicate a problem.
If you'd like to ZIP up 1 of these huge logs and post a link, I'll take a look and see if it's a normal log, or something you should be concerned about.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.