X-Wing SSTO

Thank you.  It was fun to build despite serving no particular purpose.  I might try and update it with a docking port to see if I can reach one of my LKO stations.  At least then I can use it for crew transfer, even if it's 1 crew member at a time.

Moving wings would be nice but I like to keep my mods to a minimum, using those that provide extra information for the most part.  It would also restrict the craft to players who also have the Infernal Robotics mod.  As it is, this craft requires the Making History DLC to be present, as it uses a couple of parts that come with that.

Edited by Scarecrow

Nice work Scarecrow! I dig it, especially the use of the large landing struts as the KX-9 laser cannons.

I had a blast building an X-Wing and getting it to orbit, so I hope you did too.

Edited by SkunkTwerks

Strangely I started building it just to post an image in another thread about bi-plane spaceplanes.  However, I then wondered how difficult it would be to get it to fly and if possible, get it to orbit.  So yes, I had a lot of fun along the way, and am quite happy at how it eventually turned out.

I have made another option that includes a docking port and RCS thrusters which is capable of reaching a station in a 150km orbit, so at least that one has some purpose.  If the station has refuelling capabilities, it can then go on to reach the Mun or Minmus.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.