[help] My plugin stops working when player reverts launch

I've been banging my head against the wall here for months, and I can't figure out why my plugin KeyNode ceases to work when the player reverts their launch.
I've added debug code to the void Update and got no feedback, it's like the plugin was unloaded and never loaded again

any ideas?

It throws an uncaught exception in Awake and its MonoBehaviour ends up getting disabled (MonoBehaviour.enabled = false) when initializing for the second+ time. That's why you don't see any output from Update on subsequent flight scenes

ArgumentException: An element with the same key already exists in the dictionary.
	System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[UnityEngine.KeyCode,Callback].Add (KeyCode key, .Callback value)
	KeyNode.KeyNode.Awake ()
	UnityEngine.GameObject:AddComponent(Type)
	AddonLoader:StartAddon(LoadedAssembly, Type, KSPAddon, Startup)
	AddonLoader:StartAddons(Startup)
	AddonLoader:OnLevelLoaded(GameScenes)
	AddonLoader:OnSceneLoaded(Scene, LoadSceneMode)
	UnityEngine.SceneManagement.SceneManager:Internal_SceneLoaded(Scene, LoadSceneMode)

The exception in the log was the first clue. I looked at the code and didn't see any reason why that would prevent a simple print statement made in Update from working, so I wrote another small addon that checked out KeyNode's state. There were three possibilities as to why Update wasn't running:

1. the component had been destroyed due to the uncaught exception in Awake. I've never seen this before, but thought it could be something AddonLoader does on an unhandled exception
  2. the GameObject wasn't active
  3. the MonoBehaviour was disabled (by Unity?)

Turns out #3 was your problem

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.