Part Upside Down When I Revert to Launch

Hi. I'm having some trouble with a command pod I made and could use some help. When I launch my pod it from the hangar it works fine. The interior is the right way up, the lights work, etc. But then when I revert to launch the command pod thinks its upside down according to the navball, and the controls are reversed accordingly, but it doesn't look upside down and the interior is the right way up as well. I'm not sure how to fix this or even where to start, I'm rather new to mod making. Thanks for any help.

Here's a video of the issue:

This is a problem I figured out to happen due to the orientation of the eva mesh. I have no idea how it happens but do this: If it's upside down, I saw on the video, before you export the external mesh, rotate it 180 degrees on the axis of the game. Take your pod, it seems like it's flipped 180 and the axis is the forward direction. That's how you should rotate the mesh before exporting.

14 minutes ago, blackheart612 said:

This is a problem I figured out to happen due to the orientation of the eva mesh. I have no idea how it happens but do this: If it's upside down, I saw on the video, before you export the external mesh, rotate it 180 degrees on the axis of the game. Take your pod, it seems like it's flipped 180 and the axis is the forward direction. That's how you should rotate the mesh before exporting.

Thanks for the reply, but I'm not sure I understand what you're saying. If I rotated the exterior mesh in unity, then exported it, it would just look upside down to begin with right? Or would I then reorient it using the config file?

Just now, Starlord Kerman said:

Thanks for the reply, but I'm not sure I understand what you're saying. If I rotated the exterior mesh in unity, then exported it, it would just look upside down to begin with right? Or would I then reorient it using the config file?

Let's see, I may have cut some important details there. Usually the structure in unity is:
Exporter
     FileName
          Mesh
So you can rotate the FileName when you drag the .blend or .obj to unity but you can also rotate the mesh itself. Usually this can also be done using blender or whatever your modeling software is. That way, the one after the exporter is oriented correctly, the one causing the wrong orientation on revert.

• 1 month later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.