Stock made bombs disappear when i try to detach them

Hello! I have a Su-27 replica wich i downloaded from KerbalX, and now i have outfitted it with TK-38 Radial Decouplers with stock made "bombs" attached. The bombs consist of Mk0  Liquid Fuel Fuselages and FL-T400 Fuel Tanks and a couple of fins if that info matters in solving this. So, the issue here is when i press Space button to decouple, these bombs disappear into thin air without any explosion or anything which could explain their disappearance. They don't even seem to detach, they just disappear in a blink of an eye when i press Space. The speed i'm flying doesn't matter, whether it be 70m/s or 350m/s, they still disappear. Btw i'm always flying straight a level (if that's the correct term) when i try to drop the things (i guess that's the proper way to fly when you're bombing stuff). Anyone have an idea what could be causing this?

I only have ModuleManager (and i have to learn using it..). Where do i check the max debris thingy? With other craft the game still leaves debris as normally for an instance if i use a Launch Stabilizer (or whatever it's called).

5 minutes ago, kspguy77 said:

I only have ModuleManager (and i have to learn using it..). Where do i check the max debris thingy? With other craft the game still leaves debris as normally for an instance if i use a Launch Stabilizer (or whatever it's called).

If you go into your settings in the main menu, you will see the parameter you need to change. 

Also, module manager doesn’t do anything on its own, so if you are only building in stock with no other mods, you won’t need it.

3 hours ago, kspguy77 said:

'Max debris' is one of the gameplay settings, easily accessible from one of the setting menus. Default is 200 iirc, which means that you can have 200 items of debris before the game deletes any of them.

By chance are you using KRASH?

If so then do not drop your bombs while running in the simulation, launch your craft using the green launch button in the stock game ... When you decouple your bombs each of them become rheir own vessel and KRASH will only simulate the vessel you are simulating which results in fired missiles, bombs or any other part dropped from the simulated craft dissapearing

10 hours ago, kspguy77 said:

I don't have KRASH. And yes, i have tried detaching the bombs on ground, they still disappear.

How do they disappear? do they just simply vanish as if never there, or is there some form of effect? something like perhaps the smoke poof when a kerbal gets destroyed.   What happens if you use something other than your self made bomb?  and empty tank for example?  Or for that matter any other part.   If it works with other parts and not your bombs, I 'd suggest there's something wrong with the bomb sub assembly. Easily rectified by making a new one.

I'd expect that even if your max persistent  was zero, the key word here is persistent, any debris you make in flight scene  would stay in the flight scene, it doesn't get magically poofed away, it's removed by the game either at scene change or game reload, not sure which , as i've never checked, but it's certainly not instantly gone.

There's no poof or anything when they disappear. Also, when they (the bombs) disappear, they take the decouplers with them too. It's the same thing with empty tanks. I have yet to try this with some other parts, maybe i should test with structural stuff (those metallic "beams", can't remember what's their in-game name). I checked my max debris count, it was 300-something so that's not the problem.  *OFF-TOPIC* Can someone tell me how do i switch between vessels in flight? the regular ( and ) inputs don't work, even when i'm pressing shift and (.

9 minutes ago, kspguy77 said:

*OFF-TOPIC* Can someone tell me how do i switch between vessels in flight? the regular ( and ) inputs don't work, even when i'm pressing shift and (.

I believe the brackets cycle between craft...  "["  "]"

However, this does assume that you are within reasonable range to do so. 

No i don't have a lot of debris in orbit. Maybe 3 or 4 pieces. I have the ( and ) things on the same buttons as [ and ], those buttons are 8 and 9. Do you guys need to do the same keyboard input as i when you want to make brackets (alt gr and at the same time press 8 or 9)?

4 minutes ago, kspguy77 said:

No i don't have a lot of debris in orbit. Maybe 3 or 4 pieces. I have the ( and ) things on the same buttons as [ and ], those buttons are 8 and 9. Do you guys need to do the same keyboard input as i when you want to make brackets (alt gr and at the same time press 8 or 9)?

My keyboard has "{"  and "["  on the same key where "{" is enabled with shift.

So maybe try the key with "{" on it?

Otherwise, maybe try looking it up in your key bindings.  From the first menu at load select "Settings" then at left "Input" then at top "Game" and look for the key bindings for "Focus Next Vessel", "Focus Previous Vessel" in the "General" section.   ...and assign whatever keys you want to use.     

I have to press alt gr and 7 or 0 to get the } and { things. Well, back to the topic. Does anyone yet have any idea what could cause the disappearance of the bombs? I have done all the checks people have suggested here with no change in the situation.

At this point, I might suggest the following in order:

1. test to see if it happens on more than one craft in the same save game
  2. start a new save game and copy over one of the craft you want to test, and see if it still happens
  3. save you craft somewhere and just wipe the game and do a clean re-install with no mods and see if it still happens
  4. if it still happens, look for a PC with the "[" and "{" on the same key
  5. if it still happens, give up all hope

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.