[1.3.1 <= KSP <= 1.12.5] Impossible Innovations under Lisias' Management - 0.8.10.0 - 2023-1021

Lisias

On 7/26/2020 at 8:42 PM, Lisias said:

Baby steps. :)  I run out of time for modding this month! (yeah, real life...)

I got rid of the redundant textures and meshes and started to use the ones from the KSP's instalment, taking advantage of a new feature of KSPe (KSP version conditional patching! yeah!).

The next step is to optimize the textures that remained, as they have no equivalent on KSP and they are now the bigger space guzzlers. 

With the textures under control (and converted to DDS), the models will be refactored. I'm pretty sure there're duplicated vertices everywhere - I will do this by last because I want to resurrect an old tool of mine from my times on Orbiter (a lint tool for meshes). But as I said above, my time for modding this month is more than exhausted, this will have to wait a bit.

How far you have got in remodelling parts?

On 9/11/2020 at 3:17 PM, Monniasza said:

How many new models are ready?

Exactly what do you have in mind?

If you go back a few pages, you will recollect I will tackle textures first, as they are the bigger space eaters at this moment.

If you have some specific need on the short run, saying what you need would help. :)

-- -- post edit -- --

Uh, I think I understood your point now. Not sure if this is was you were meaning, though.

Edited by Lisias
post edit

16 hours ago, Nithhogr said:

Has anyone been able to add these fuels to the Interstellar Fuel Switch mod? I'm not bad at simple mod editing but I'm just not sure where to start, even.

To tell you the true, it's probably easier to adapt II to use Community Resource Pack instead, that is directly supported by IFS.

15 hours ago, rbrgames said:

"coronavirus decelerating and impossible innovations updated, the world is already starting to improve" :D

I finish TweakScale 2.5, and we can call it a year! :D 

30 minutes ago, rbrgames said:

hello, is anyone able to extract protium from the atmosphere ?, with me the option to activate and deactivate intak does not work so how to designate a key for this also does not work

(shhh, talk softly please - it's late Friday and I'm already on a hangover!!) :P 

Well, you don't. You need the Hydrogen Scoop, but also a Hydrogen Tank (it's the gray one, not the radioactive blue) and a Hydrogen Converter (that weird hexagonal tank).

So you use the scoop to fill the tank, then activate the Converter (that eats a lot of electricity) to convert the Hydrogen into one of the other fuels. The dynamic pressure of the atmosphere dictates how much hydrogen you scoop - on the lower atmosphere you fill the tanks faster.

Problem: there's a glitch on the Hydrogen Converter's mesh that demands installing World Stabiliser, otherwise the craft will suffer the "Jumping Jack Effect" and will be kicked into 1.000 meters high on launch (this started to happen on 1.4.x, if memory servers me well).

However..... :/ 

The Hydrogen Tank and Converter have a serious problem on KSP 1.10 with the colliders, way worse than just needing World Stabiliser - I just can't right click on them, so you can't activate the Converter!!!! :0.0: The tank is being filled, besides you won't being able to select it to transfer the fuel, but without being able to open the Converter's PAW, the thing is plain useless. 

The devil is in the detail. Yeah. I completely missed this one. :blush:

Well, there's a workaround. You will need to assign the Converter's Actions into a key. You will probably will want to use Action Groups Extended.

0000.jpg

On the sample craft, the Key 3 will activate/deactivate converting Protium into Tritium and Deuterium.

You can check the thing working by hitting 2 too, what activates the Fuel Cells (that eats Tritium). And then hitting 3 multiple times and checking the Resources Inventory.

When the Converter is active, the Hydrogen Tank stops filling, and the Tritium and Deuterium stops being consumed.

0003.jpg

When the Converter is inactive, the Hydrogen Tank fills up, and Tritium and Deuterium are consumed.

0004.jpg

In the mean time, I will reschedule things. Apparently, I will be meddling with the meshes way before tackling down the textures sizes.

thank you Lisias I will test the groove of the world stabilizer, when I manage to right click on the converter I have a be, interesting solution,
 when you are on the track accelerate the time to 2x for example there click with the right button on the converter, you see that now you can access the options,
 kkkkkkk as you said the devil is in the details, I was also having problems with the ship appearing at about 1000 meters in height I will test the stabilizer,
 but when collecting hydrogen I assemble the right converter with the hydrogen tank but not with a deuterium tank, I will test this configuration and give you a support

meu conversor e meu tanque de hidrogênio estão presos no casco da nave e não no tanque de deutério, esse pode ser o problema, vou testar

Edited by rbrgames

7 hours ago, rbrgames said:

for some reason, my hydrogen scoop doesn't collect the hydrogen, even if I press a key button

Well. now we have a functional bug to handle.

In order to pursue this one, I need you to restart KSP, fly the craft, try to scoop some hydrogen, then land it (or just revert the flight) and quit KSP. Then publish the KSP.log on DropBox or something and link it here.

humm... Before that.... Do you have all the dependencies installed? KSPe is critical for II.

• 3 months later...

Unfortunately, KSP 1.11.0 introduced a misbehaviour on launching crafts using some old parts that rendered Impossible Innovations (and many others, as Firespitter) near impossible to use.

It's a glitch on launching the vessel, everything suddenly blows up due overheat. A LOT OF OVERHEAT. At launch. On the KSP's airstrip. With the craft, obviously, at rest.

0001.jpg

Using World Stabiliser does not helps, even by using cheats. Weird enough, spawning vessels with Vessel Mover works. Once the craft is spawned by Vessel Mover and placed on the ground, everything works fine again.

0006.jpg

0007.jpg

0006.jpgI wonder it's something not being initialised on the Scene change on the physics engine - otherwise, using Vessel Mover would not had "fixed" this. :/ 

In a way or another, I can't "release" Impossible Innovations on KSP 1.11.0 until I have a viable solution or at least a decent workaround for this. :(

If anyone is interested, a full rant report is available here.

-- -- POST EDIT -- -- 

KSP Recall 0.0.6.0 BETA may be a solution for this problem. Early adopters are welcome to try it and report any findings - but please backup your game before trying it!!

World Stabiliser is still needed.

Edited by Lisias
KSP Recall 0.0.6.0

• 2 years later...

ANNOUNCE

Impossible Innovations V0.8.10.0 is on the wild!

• 2023-1021: 0.8.10.0 (Lisias) for KSP >= 1.3.1
    • The KSP 1.6.0 patch to allow bulkheadless parts to be used was moved to KSP-Recall
      • It’s not needed anymore, anyway
    • Updating models from the archaic DAE to the standard mu format.
      • II-hydrogenIsotopeConverter
      • II-hydrogenTank
      • Also fixes the jumping when launching crafts with these parts!
    • Adds missing data on all parts
    • Fixes the plumes for
      • II-TDRCS-Lin
      • II-TDRCS-Block
    • Updated to use the latest KSPe
    • Removes annoying messages about not able to create config from some files.
    • Closes issues:
      • #8 Normalise formatting and added missing info on all parts
      • #2 Some engines are exhausting the wrong way! Revise the engines.
      • #1 Some parts are triggering the damned jump from the Krakens on launch

172283350-709ac25e-4c65-4ae4-8114-23c1ed

Download on the OP.

Cheers!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.