Fighter Jet Challenge

This challenge is set to find the best fighter of KSP [1.4.3]

The contestants will have to make a video that will demonstrate the Fighters abilities.

Your Fighter Jet will be tested on the following:

-Acceleration: plane must start by flying at 100 m/s at the height of 500 m and will accelerate to 900 m/s (timed)

- Stability : your plane has to be edited to have an orbit with this statistics (ap= 100,000 m pe= 20,000 m) and at pe, it has to perform a 90 degree dive. the “no heat damage” cheat may be enabled for this test.

- Maneuverability :

This test will be split into 2 parts:

1) The plane must be flying at 500m/s (or higher for better points) at the altitude of 500 m and will have to perform a 180 degree turn (timed)

2) the plane will have to be at altitude of 500 m and fly at the speed of 500 m/s and should decelerate to 100 m/s (timed)

Rules:

- The game version must be in [1.4.3]

- The plane must be fully stock

- Cheat console must be on screen at all times to show that the cheats are not used (except when allowed)

- Testing should be conduced on Kerbin

- No engine clipping allowed

The contestants must send a video of their fighter in the comments below.

Good luck, and may The Kraken be ever in your favor! ;)

Edited by Rover6428

On 6/16/2018 at 9:17 PM, dundun93 said:

yes, that's my name

On 6/14/2018 at 8:41 PM, dundun93 said:

Ill test the craft as soon as i will get a chance and tell you who will win.

(I know that is a bit rude, but please spread the word about  the challenge (Im kinda short on people right now))

Edited by Rover6428

Okay, this probably does not qualify, but since I built this last night (not actually for the challenge) and it came out pretty well, here it is anyway. Perhaps an exhibition entry :)

The first video is the stopping and 180 degree turn. This version has the ramjets on it since the panthers just don't get the speed you want. I took off from the Desert Runway which is already at an altitude of 823 meters, so I hope you will forgive exceeding 500 meters.

The second video (complete with 100 year old music) is what I put up on KerbalX today.  It is a combination of three flights since I crashed twice, but I was going pretty nuts.  This is the original Panther configuration.  It really shines in quick, low-speed maneuvers.

Edited by Klapaucius

5 hours ago, Klapaucius said:

Okay, this probably does not qualify, but since I built this last night (not actually for the challenge) and it came out pretty well, here it is anyway. Perhaps an exhibition entry :)

The first video is the stopping and 180 degree turn. This version has the ramjets on it since the panthers just don't get the speed you want. I took off from the Desert Runway which is already at an altitude of 823 meters, so I hope you will forgive exceeding 500 meters.

The second video (complete with 100 year old music) is what I put up on KerbalX today.  It is a combination of three flights since I crashed twice, but I was going pretty nuts.  This is the original Panther configuration.  It really shines in quick, low-speed maneuvers.

Great Job!!! When I will get back, I will start the posses of analyzing all the videos you guys have uploaded. (The videos will be from the forum as well as the Amino) 

PS: you should have had the cheat console open on the videos but that's OK i guess, as long as you did not use them. And you only completed acceleration and maneuverability.

Edited by Rover6428

7 hours ago, Rover6428 said:

Great Job!!! When I will get back, I will start the posses of analyzing all the videos you guys have uploaded. (The videos will be from the forum as well as the Amino) 

PS: you should have had the cheat console open on the videos but that's OK i guess, as long as you did not use them. And you only completed acceleration and maneuverability.

Thanks!  I'm relatively new to KSP and don't even know what the cheat console is. Also, I was not sure what you meant by editing my craft to have an orbit. 

But good fun!

17 minutes ago, Klapaucius said:

Thanks!  I'm relatively new to KSP and don't even know what the cheat console is. Also, I was not sure what you meant by editing my craft to have an orbit. 

But good fun!

Cheat console is activated by pressing  Alt + F12

You could either edit the craft into orbit by the cheat console or by HyperEdit

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.