Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

This challenge is set to find the best fighter of KSP [1.4.3]

The contestants will have to make a video that will demonstrate the Fighters abilities.

Your Fighter Jet will be tested on the following:

-Acceleration: plane must start by flying at 100 m/s at the height of 500 m and will accelerate to 900 m/s (timed)

- Stability : your plane has to be edited to have an orbit with this statistics (ap= 100,000 m pe= 20,000 m) and at pe, it has to perform a 90 degree dive. the “no heat damage” cheat may be enabled for this test.

- Maneuverability :

This test will be split into 2 parts:

1) The plane must be flying at 500m/s (or higher for better points) at the altitude of 500 m and will have to perform a 180 degree turn (timed)

2) the plane will have to be at altitude of 500 m and fly at the speed of 500 m/s and should decelerate to 100 m/s (timed)

Rules:

- The game version must be in [1.4.3]

- The plane must be fully stock

- Cheat console must be on screen at all times to show that the cheats are not used (except when allowed)

- Testing should be conduced on Kerbin

- No engine clipping allowed

The contestants must send a video of their fighter in the comments below.

Good luck, and may The Kraken be ever in your favor! ;)

Edited by Rover6428
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do I do the testing? Or do you do the testing? If you do it, I will enter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, dundun93 said:

Do I do the testing? Or do you do the testing? If you do it, I will enter.

It depends on how many participants there will be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/11/2018 at 3:39 PM, dundun93 said:

Do I do the testing? Or do you do the testing? If you do it, I will enter.

yeah, i think ill do it

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 6/16/2018 at 9:17 PM, dundun93 said:

yes, that's my name

On 6/14/2018 at 8:41 PM, dundun93 said:

Ill test the craft as soon as i will get a chance and tell you who will win.

(I know that is a bit rude, but please spread the word about  the challenge (Im kinda short on people right now))

Edited by Rover6428
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Okay, this probably does not qualify, but since I built this last night (not actually for the challenge) and it came out pretty well, here it is anyway. Perhaps an exhibition entry :)

The first video is the stopping and 180 degree turn. This version has the ramjets on it since the panthers just don't get the speed you want. I took off from the Desert Runway which is already at an altitude of 823 meters, so I hope you will forgive exceeding 500 meters.

The second video (complete with 100 year old music) is what I put up on KerbalX today.  It is a combination of three flights since I crashed twice, but I was going pretty nuts.  This is the original Panther configuration.  It really shines in quick, low-speed maneuvers.

 

Edited by Klapaucius

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Klapaucius said:

Okay, this probably does not qualify, but since I built this last night (not actually for the challenge) and it came out pretty well, here it is anyway. Perhaps an exhibition entry :)

The first video is the stopping and 180 degree turn. This version has the ramjets on it since the panthers just don't get the speed you want. I took off from the Desert Runway which is already at an altitude of 823 meters, so I hope you will forgive exceeding 500 meters.

The second video (complete with 100 year old music) is what I put up on KerbalX today.  It is a combination of three flights since I crashed twice, but I was going pretty nuts.  This is the original Panther configuration.  It really shines in quick, low-speed maneuvers.

 

Great Job!!! When I will get back, I will start the posses of analyzing all the videos you guys have uploaded. (The videos will be from the forum as well as the Amino) 

PS: you should have had the cheat console open on the videos but that's OK i guess, as long as you did not use them. And you only completed acceleration and maneuverability.

Edited by Rover6428

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Rover6428 said:

Great Job!!! When I will get back, I will start the posses of analyzing all the videos you guys have uploaded. (The videos will be from the forum as well as the Amino) 

PS: you should have had the cheat console open on the videos but that's OK i guess, as long as you did not use them. And you only completed acceleration and maneuverability.

Thanks!  I'm relatively new to KSP and don't even know what the cheat console is. Also, I was not sure what you meant by editing my craft to have an orbit. 

 

But good fun!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Klapaucius said:

Thanks!  I'm relatively new to KSP and don't even know what the cheat console is. Also, I was not sure what you meant by editing my craft to have an orbit. 

 

But good fun!

Cheat console is activated by pressing  Alt + F12

You could either edit the craft into orbit by the cheat console or by HyperEdit

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now