[STOCK] 1:1 Messerschmitt Me-163B Komet

18QBl7C.jpg

The Me-163B was a rocket-powered point defense interceptor developed by the Germans during the final stages of the Second World War. Armed with two MK-108 short-barrel 30mm cannons it was mostly designed to fend off the swarms of US and British bombers flying missions over Germany from 1944 to 1945. While it’s performance allowed it to take on just about every plane the Allies had in their inventory it arrived rather late into the war and was produced in numbers far too small to change the tide of the conflict significantly. It’s low range caused it to fail as an interceptor, barely managing a 1:1 kill to loss ratio. It’s fuel mixture was extremely volatile - this combined with the 163s dangerous landing method resulted in multiple fires and losses of it’s pilots after returning to base. A thing worth noting: It’s Walter HWK rocket motor was fully throttleable which was uncommon for rocket engines of it’s time.

Truly an odd and pioneering venture into early non-propeller propulsion systems.

Ot1AIS3.jpg

nwqtfSV.jpg

xFCtcAt.jpg

ZdIvMgB.jpg

Enjoy flying this pocket rocket!

DOWNLOAD LINK:

https://kerbalx.com/EvenFlow/Me-163

v1.0 - Initial release.

Edited by EvenFlow

Nice. The plane is a favorite of mine.

Think about it: this was a serial produced, manned, fully and rapidly reusable rocket (at least if it didn't explode). With freaking deep throttling.

Took quite some time for another attempt at building such a thing, me thinks...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.