Rocket poll

The_Arcitect

rocket Building  

30 members have voted

1. 1. #1: What type of rocket style do you build?

• asparagus style ( long, tall )
    • potato style ( short, wide )

15 minutes ago, 5thHorseman said:

"Asparagus" is a semi technical term on this forum that has little to do with the shape of the rocket. Maybe say carrot or whatnot.

As to my personal preference, I like what works. I make all kinds of ships for all kinds of situations.

Equally confusing is that the illustration is not the actual rocket, but rather the space ship that was put in orbit. A nice looking spaceship, without any doubt. But I wouldn't call it a rocket in the same way as you wouldn't refer to the ISS or the Voyagers as a rocket.

I need an option for 'Whatever works best for this particular rocket'. I don't have one style. I do what's needed at the time to get the job done.Some rockets do not do well when very long, so you need to squat them down. Other times, you need a long, spindly rocket. All depends on the payload and where it's going.

7 hours ago, LordFerret said:

Is that even KSP? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't see any recognizable parts on that ship, and the planet and its atmosphere.......... :blink:

I do believe it's supposed to be Spaceball One orbiting Druidia.  So I too, am confused.

1 hour ago, Geonovast said:

I do believe it's supposed to be Spaceball One orbiting Druidia.  So I too, am confused.

Searched, found the exact same image, hosted on deviant art:

Spaceballs - Spaceball One - 3/4 view

This is a SketchUp render of "Spaceball One," a spaceship that appeared in the 1987, Star Wars parody movie "Spaceballs" produced by Mel Brooks. SB1 was the overly-massive flagship of planet Spaceball and used by the evil President Skroob and his minion Dark Helmet to steal the fresh air from planet Druidia. To do so, the ship transformed into the giant "Megamaid" and sucked the air from the world with a giant vacuum cleaner until she was blown up by the film's hero, Lone Star. SB1 was capable of ludicrous speed, and had such things as a shopping mall, a zoo, and a three-ring circus. It was so large that it took a minute and half to clear the screen. This model, as well as the original, is a total greeble/nurnie fest, and thus took me quite a while to do. I got lazy and repeated lots of parts but there is enough variation you can hardly tell.

1 hour ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Thou shall not claim other peoples work as your own.

Absolutely. However, there is a minor technicality here...

18 hours ago, The_Arcitect said:

Mine looks like this

So, it 'looks like'. <_<

Would have better had you put one of your own, it is misleading.

Hello, one of my friends wrote this poll, I did not know that he used a rendering.  (I don't know why he used THAT site.)

All you need to know: he wanted to get some words out to the forms.... 

17 hours ago, The_Arcitect said:

Hello, one of my friends wrote this poll, I did not know that he used a rendering.  (I don't know why he used THAT site.)

Now I have an even more important question for you:

Why are you allowing someone else to use your forums account?

We don't know what's going on in this thread, but apparently it's not about KSP, so moved to the Lounge. 

@The_Arcitect, keep in mind that you're responsible for anything done under your account, so maybe change your password or whatever it takes to keep others out of it? 

I prefer to use simple LF&O serial stage designs for most applications. They are usually the easiest, quickest, and most reliable option. I get into more exotic schemes when faced with engineering challenges where serial staging isn't ideal, but honestly... those situations are pretty rare in stock KSP.

Best,
-Slashy

On 6/12/2018 at 10:25 PM, The_Arcitect said:

Ah, the old "Sorry my Sibling/Son/Daughter was using my Account" Trick. Small tip, no one ever buys that. You could have just said the picture was meant representative of the style of ships you build in KSP.  .

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.