[1.12.x] ScienceAlert ReAlerted : Experiment availability, now with DMagic support

There seems to be issue with Dmagic's infrared telescope - I've noticed several warping stops while flying past Eve, but there were no buttons to collect science in the list. Then I manually checked science parts and found out that there was telescope's experiment available, for other experiments button seem to appear in the list normally, so there must be something about telescope (I've also checked science alert setting and it's set up in very same way as other experiments).

Also noticed that at least on Sun's orbit SA keeps showing alerts for experiments that already have 0 transmit and recovery value, even though threshold is set to 1.0.

Edited by Mystique

1 hour ago, linuxgurugamer said:

One of the things which can happen is that the mod sees science, stop swap but by the time the warp stopped you move beyond the biome for that science.

In such cases usually a button to execute experiment flashed in SA's window. Also, I had enough time to manually execute telescope's experiment (and not only once), while there was no prompt for telescope is SA window.

Something I'm a bit confused about. I modded in a science container to all manned command pods, so that science could be collected from experiments without having to EVA my way around the craft. The "Collect All" button pops up properly and lets me transfer data when I click it, but if there are no science experiments available at this time, the button is no longer there. Is it possible to have this visible at all times, or at least when there are science data in experiments that can be moved to a science container?

Would you be able to unhide the toolbar button in map view (or add a close button to the mod window)?

It's a small annoyance, but too often I'm using the mod in flight view, and then when I switch to map view I'm unable to close the window without switching back to flight view, closing it, and switching to map view again.

I'm using the Toolbar mod, in case that's pertinent information.

14 hours ago, Tivec said:

Something I'm a bit confused about. I modded in a science container to all manned command pods, so that science could be collected from experiments without having to EVA my way around the craft. The "Collect All" button pops up properly and lets me transfer data when I click it, but if there are no science experiments available at this time, the button is no longer there. 

Unfortunately not.  This is a function of the ModuleScienceContainer in KSP itself.  The Collect All button merely activate the same button on the PAW, if no science container has it active, then there is nothing that I can do about that.

15 hours ago, Tivec said:

s it possible to have this visible at all times

The most I can do is show the button in a disabled state

15 hours ago, Tivec said:

least when there are science data in experiments that can be moved to a science container?

That is what is happening.

On 3/24/2019 at 7:43 AM, Mystique said:

There seems to be issue with Dmagic's infrared telescope - I've noticed several warping stops while flying past Eve, but there were no buttons to collect science in the list. Then I manually checked science parts and found out that there was telescope's experiment available, for other experiments button seem to appear in the list normally, so there must be something about telescope (I've also checked science alert setting and it's set up in very same way as other experiments).

Also noticed that at least on Sun's orbit SA keeps showing alerts for experiments that already have 0 transmit and recovery value, even though threshold is set to 1.0.

Link to the mod, please

4 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

19 hours ago, Tivec said:

least when there are science data in experiments that can be moved to a science container?

That is what is happening.

I think I didn't describe it properly. Let's say I have two experiments available. "Deploy All", "Deploy All except EVA" and "Collect All" are visible. When I press "Deploy All", the "Collect All" button disappears. Now, am I mistaken that "Collect All" should also run the experiments before collecting the science data, or should it be available after I have run "Deploy All"?

6 hours ago, Tivec said:

I think I didn't describe it properly. Let's say I have two experiments available. "Deploy All", "Deploy All except EVA" and "Collect All" are visible. When I press "Deploy All", the "Collect All" button disappears. Now, am I mistaken that "Collect All" should also run the experiments before collecting the science data, or should it be available after I have run "Deploy All"?

Thank you for clarifying.  With this, and another previous message, I now understand and have fixed the problem:

New release, 1.9.6.2

• Fixed Collect All button to be visible whenever any science container has spare capacity
    • (note that most science containers seem to have unlimited capacity)

On 3/26/2019 at 12:25 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

Thank you for clarifying.  With this, and another previous message, I now understand and have fixed the problem:

New release, 1.9.6.2

• Fixed Collect All button to be visible whenever any science container has spare capacity
    • (note that most science containers seem to have unlimited capacity)

Thank you! You rock!

• 2 weeks later...

Question, is it known if this works with planet packs such as GPP? I'm currently having an issue where I just went to Iota for the first time and Science Alert seemed to work fine for orbital science but upon landing it didn't say that any experiments were available, though the [x]Science Here and Now window did show the experiments.. Just want to see if this is a known thing or if I should start doing some testing to see what's causing it.

36 minutes ago, HealeyV3 said:

Anyone having problems with the new 1.7.0.2 KSP update and Science Alert? I can't seem to left click or right click the toolbar icon anymore.

I am more than a little puzzled.  First, there is no "1.7.0.2", there IS "1.7.0" and if you want to include the build number, it would be "1.7.0.2483"

Second, some more details on this, please. 

Are you running a career game, science game or sandbox?  

Do you have the Blizzy toolbar installed?

and a log file would also be useful.

I just installed this mod into a new 1.7.0 install, and it's working fine.

Edited by linuxgurugamer

3 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I am more than a little puzzled.  First, there is no "1.7.0.2", there IS "1.7.0" and if you want to include the build number, it would be "1.7.0.2483"

Second, some more details on this, please. 

Are you running a career game, science game or sandbox?  

Do you have the Blizzy toolbar installed?

and a log file would also be useful.

I just installed this mod into a new 1.7.0 install, and it's working fine.

Career game. Blizzy Toolbar and Toolbar Controller both installed, along with Click Through Blocker. 

My mods are: Chatterer, Click Through Blocker, EVE, Moduler Flight Integrator, Module Manager, Scatterer, ScienceAlrt ReAlerted, SVE, Toolbar, Toolbar Controller, TweakScale

Which log would be helpful? I checked MMPatch and ModuleManager, and don't see any obvious errors. Just seeing this in the logs in regards to ScienceAlert:

[LOG 2019-04-11 21:20:15.719] Applying update ScienceAlert/MM_Configs/zzz_fix_biomeMask_situationMask_0/@EXPERIMENT_DEFINITION:HAS[#biomeMask[0],#situationMask[>0]]:FINAL to Squad/Resources/ScienceDefs.cfg/EXPERIMENT_DEFINITION

Thanks

8 hours ago, HealeyV3 said:

Career game. Blizzy Toolbar and Toolbar Controller both installed, along with Click Through Blocker. 

My mods are: Chatterer, Click Through Blocker, EVE, Moduler Flight Integrator, Module Manager, Scatterer, ScienceAlrt ReAlerted, SVE, Toolbar, Toolbar Controller, TweakScale

Which log would be helpful? I checked MMPatch and ModuleManager, and don't see any obvious errors. Just seeing this in the logs in regards to ScienceAlert:

[LOG 2019-04-11 21:20:15.719] Applying update ScienceAlert/MM_Configs/zzz_fix_biomeMask_situationMask_0/@EXPERIMENT_DEFINITION:HAS[#biomeMask[0],#situationMask[>0]]:FINAL to Squad/Resources/ScienceDefs.cfg/EXPERIMENT_DEFINITION

Thanks

For this, all the logs.  It probably isn't ScienceAlert itself, because the toolbar is not even touched by it directly.  In addition to the files in the Logs directory, the KSP.log and the output_log.txt

Hi,

Having some trouble with the mod and cannot figure out why. I downloaded both dependencies and Science Alert and have them in the proper folders. In game, I am not getting the science alert interface popup at all on the launch pad. When I click the toolbar icon I can see the settings for science alert to stock, blizzy, standard, or both - but I am not seeing the mod itself. 

Would love some help, new to modding and really would love to use this one. Thanks!

1 hour ago, BobbyTheNaut said:

Hi,

Having some trouble with the mod and cannot figure out why. I downloaded both dependencies and Science Alert and have them in the proper folders. In game, I am not getting the science alert interface popup at all on the launch pad. When I click the toolbar icon I can see the settings for science alert to stock, blizzy, standard, or both - but I am not seeing the mod itself. 

Would love some help, new to modding and really would love to use this one. Thanks!

Ok.  Let's start with a log file, as well as some details:

• KSP version
  • OS version
  • Computer specs (not as important for this)
  • List of all mods installed

See my sig for a  link to a post on how to find the log files

1 hour ago, BobbyTheNaut said:

When I click the toolbar icon I can see the settings for science alert to stock, blizzy, standard, or both - but I am not seeing the mod itself. 

Are you playing a career or science game? The mod doesn't work in sandbox mode ;) If you're not in a sandbox save...well, see LGGs post above ;)

On 4/18/2019 at 10:07 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

Ok.  Let's start with a log file, as well as some details:

• KSP version
  • OS version
  • Computer specs (not as important for this)
  • List of all mods installed

See my sig for a  link to a post on how to find the log files

Thanks for the response - 

OS Version: Windows 10
KSP Version: The most recent. Just re-downloaded off steam to be sure 

Computer Specs: Very good - I can list if you'd like, but I am almost positive this is not the issue

Mods: Just Science Alert and the two dependencies - the toolbar and click through

Log: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1kj-F-4pe5jcdtvRKd40LEmulc--Bczn5/view?usp=sharing

Link should be shareable - if you have any trouble or need editing ability let me know. 

Thanks again for the response!

3 hours ago, BobbyTheNaut said:

ScienceAlert is not installed properly. Get rid of everything in your GameData folder except for "Squad", "000_ClickThroughBlocker" and "001_ToolbarControl" folder.If the "MM_Configs"folder is your own, you can keep it as well (ModuleManager isn't installed so it will not cause issues for now anyway...). Then reinstall ScienceAlert so the .dll file is actually inside of the ScienceAlert folder and not directly within the GameData folder. Looks like you did it correct for the dependencies so just do the same with ScienceAlert ;)

Btw.: @linuxgurugamer is a huge supporter of CKAN and all of his mods are available there. You may want to try it to prevent issues like this in the future :) (You may have to set 1.4, 1.5 and 1.6 to be compatible KSP  versions to find the majority of mods, this can be done in the settings -> compatible ksp versions. Don't worry too much about 'old' mod versions, most of them still work fine.)

33 minutes ago, 4x4cheesecake said:

ScienceAlert is not installed properly. Get rid of everything in your GameData folder except for "Squad", "000_ClickThroughBlocker" and "001_ToolbarControl" folder.If the "MM_Configs"folder is your own, you can keep it as well (ModuleManager isn't installed so it will not cause issues for now anyway...). Then reinstall ScienceAlert so the .dll file is actually inside of the ScienceAlert folder and not directly within the GameData folder. Looks like you did it correct for the dependencies so just do the same with ScienceAlert ;)

Btw.: @linuxgurugamer is a huge supporter of CKAN and all of his mods are available there. You may want to try it to prevent issues like this in the future :) (You may have to set 1.4, 1.5 and 1.6 to be compatible KSP  versions to find the majority of mods, this can be done in the settings -> compatible ksp versions. Don't worry too much about 'old' mod versions, most of them still work fine.)

Wow thanks so much for the help both of you. I really appreciate it being new to the game and community! I didn't know what CKAN was - but after reading up will definitely check it out. Thanks again!